Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2021, 05:26 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,244,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Flagstaff, it's much cooler and, being a college town, likely has better amenities. I'm not sure if it has cacti like Yavapai County to the south, but if so, those against a stark, icy mountain backdrop would be very pretty.

Manitowoc, WI or Helena, MT?
Manitowoc. A little more diverse ethnically. Mercer Island WA or Staten Island NY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 06:39 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,563,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Manitowoc. A little more diverse ethnically. Mercer Island WA or Staten Island NY?
Staten Island. I don't want to live anywhere in the PNW. Staten Island is more red, which I prefer.

Boston, MA or Seattle, WA?

Old 06-07-2021, 02:11 PM

4,754 posts, read 3,069,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post

Mercer Island WA or Staten Island NY?
Mercer Island, because it's in western WA, very possibly the scenery capital of the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post

Boston, MA or Seattle, WA?
Seattle, for the same reason... also: much milder winters, and closer to CA.

Chicago or Houston?

Old 06-07-2021, 02:27 PM

899 posts, read 528,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Mercer Island, because it's in western WA, very possibly the scenery capital of the US.

Seattle, for the same reason... also: much milder winters, and closer to CA.

Chicago or Houston?
Houston is far cheaper, and it's growing faster.

College towns on opposite corners: Coral Gables, Florida or College, Alaska?

Old 06-07-2021, 07:50 PM

10,216 posts, read 1,045,877 times
Coral Gables FL - Alaska is too cold for me.

Cape May NJ or Cape Cod MA??

Old 06-07-2021, 11:02 PM

3,496 posts, read 3,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandorrei View Post
Coral Gables FL - Alaska is too cold for me.

Cape May NJ or Cape Cod MA??
If cost of living and money is no object and not an issue, Cape Cod. I really do like what I've read about that region, in addition to being a ferry ride (or flight from Hyannis, I'll opt for the ferry preferably!) to either Martha's Vineyard or Cape Cod. Plus not being far from Boston and Providence, and also New London and other Connecticut places, would be nice.

La Crosse, WI, or Cape Girardeau, MO?

Old 06-08-2021, 03:50 AM

14,326 posts, read 9,202,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
If cost of living and money is no object and not an issue, Cape Cod. I really do like what I've read about that region, in addition to being a ferry ride (or flight from Hyannis, I'll opt for the ferry preferably!) to either Martha's Vineyard or Cape Cod. Plus not being far from Boston and Providence, and also New London and other Connecticut places, would be nice.

La Crosse, WI, or Cape Girardeau, MO?
I think you meant "ferry from Hyannis to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket." Hyannis is on the Cape itself.

You can also take a ferry from Boston to Provincetown at the tip of the Cape in peak tourist season. That's a really nice ride too.

As for this comparison: La Crosse, because I've been to Cape Girardeau and it's nothing to write home about.

Wayne, Pa., or Potomac, Md.?

Old 06-08-2021, 07:25 AM

13,759 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Wayne, Pa., or Potomac, Md.?
Wayne, PA. I wouldn't care to be anywhere near DC, and metro Philly is a very livable area.

Lawrenceville, Georgia or Lawrenceville (Lawrence Township), New Jersey?

Old 06-08-2021, 11:19 AM

899 posts, read 528,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Wayne, PA. I wouldn't care to be anywhere near DC, and metro Philly is a very livable area.

Lawrenceville, Georgia or Lawrenceville (Lawrence Township), New Jersey?
Lawrence Township, New Jersey because it's very close to both Trenton and Princeton, whereas Lawrenceville, Georgia is far from both Athens and Atlanta. The New Jersey one is also wealthier.

The other college towns at opposite corners: Waterville, Maine or Laie, Hawaii?

Old 06-08-2021, 11:54 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Lawrence Township, New Jersey because it's very close to both Trenton and Princeton, whereas Lawrenceville, Georgia is far from both Athens and Atlanta. The New Jersey one is also wealthier.

The other college towns at opposite corners: Waterville, Maine or Laie, Hawaii?
Waterville... I had a great honeymoon in Hawaii but would surely get island fever living anywhere on the islands other than Honolulu. Laie is a little too small and isolated for me. Waterville is a decent-sized college town that isn't too far from other cities of note in Maine.

Keeping up with the opposites theme:

South Padre Island, TX or Grand Marais, MN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City