Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2021, 10:17 AM

3,951 posts, read 2,268,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Both do look nice, but I think I'd pick Sandy Springs. Although for Richardson, I do REALLY like the pics I was able to find of Prairie Creek Park, a lot.

Paducah, KY, or Cape Girardeau, MO?
Cape Girardeau. Bigger and closer to a larger metro(St. Louis). Montgomery AL or Jackson MS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2021, 11:02 AM

1,818 posts, read 1,983,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Cape Girardeau. Bigger and closer to a larger metro(St. Louis). Montgomery AL or Jackson MS?
Montgomery, but that's still a major downgrade from the life I'm living now. Way too far from a major city, summers that last too long, lack of diversity, landlocked, staid cultural scene, subpar health and education, and a disappointing recreational scene. But at least it has less crime than Jackson, not quite as rundown, isn't shrinking as fast in city limits, is a bit closer to Atlanta, and Birmingham isn't too far for slightly more cosmopolitan offerings.

Novato, CA vs. Port Washington, NY

Old 05-29-2021, 01:22 PM

10,266 posts, read 1,056,072 times
Port Washington NY - town is on the water, many parks, good schools, lots of history.

Lake Grove NY or Lake George NY??

Old 05-29-2021, 04:44 PM

899 posts, read 531,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandorrei View Post
Port Washington NY - town is on the water, many parks, good schools, lots of history.

Lake Grove NY or Lake George NY??
Lake Grove because I'd rather be somewhat close to New York City.

East St. Louis, Illinois or West Memphis, Arkansas?

Old 05-29-2021, 07:29 PM

368 posts, read 1,333,936 times
I’d choose west Memphis because I’ve been there before and it didn’t look as bad as I imagine EStLouis would look.

Flint Michigan or Casper Wyoming?

Old 05-29-2021, 10:49 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,955,864 times
Casper is no Cheyenne but so too is it no poisoned water manufacturing collapsed Flint. Besides, you’ve still got the beautiful big skies of Wyoming in Casper.

Lincoln NE or Gainesville FL?

Old 05-29-2021, 11:07 PM

3,509 posts, read 3,439,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by councilor j View Post
I’d choose west Memphis because I’ve been there before and it didn’t look as bad as I imagine EStLouis would look.

Flint Michigan or Casper Wyoming?
Casper, since I like the fact it's central location within a few hours of a bunch of outdoors places and historic towns. I.e. western South Dakota, Devil's Tower in northeast Wyoming, the town of Sheridan, WY, Scottsbluff, NE(and Scottsbluff National Monument), to name examples. Also isn't too far from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton N.P., and northern Colorado. Flint has been declining for years, and I don't see a lot of upsides to living there. Well it's near Frankenmuth, but I can't think of a lot of other advantages?

And as for the just posted one, both places are nice in their own ways. I guess I'd go with Lincoln, since it has more population and I suspect a tad more to do.

Hutchinson, KS, or Grand Island, NE?

Old 05-30-2021, 08:07 AM

9,736 posts, read 9,520,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Casper, since I like the fact it's central location within a few hours of a bunch of outdoors places and historic towns. I.e. western South Dakota, Devil's Tower in northeast Wyoming, the town of Sheridan, WY, Scottsbluff, NE(and Scottsbluff National Monument), to name examples. Also isn't too far from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton N.P., and northern Colorado. Flint has been declining for years, and I don't see a lot of upsides to living there. Well it's near Frankenmuth, but I can't think of a lot of other advantages?

And as for the just posted one, both places are nice in their own ways. I guess I'd go with Lincoln, since it has more population and I suspect a tad more to do.

Hutchinson, KS, or Grand Island, NE?
Grand Island, NE due to more attractions and being a bigger town.

Anderson, SC or Richmond, KY?

Old 05-30-2021, 10:48 PM

899 posts, read 531,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Grand Island, NE due to more attractions and being a bigger town.

Anderson, SC or Richmond, KY?
Richmond has a college as an economic base, and it's close to Lexington.

Cincinnati, Ohio or Montgomery, Alabama?

Old 05-30-2021, 11:04 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,241,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Richmond has a college as an economic base, and it's close to Lexington.

Cincinnati, Ohio or Montgomery, Alabama?
Gonna go with Montgomery because of its proximity to basically all the other nice places in the area (Atlanta, Auburn, Birmingham, and Mobile) and just because I’m not a fan of severe cold.

I suppose I’ll stay with Alabama. Let’s do the biggest rivalry in the state. Tuscaloosa, Alabama vs Auburn, Alabama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City