Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2022, 12:58 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,440,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Both have access to great mountain scenery, but I'd choose Cheyenne... it's closer to civilization.

Solvang CA or Ukiah CA?
I'd pick Solvang, since it's location appears to be less isolated and closer to more populated places(i.e. Santa Barbara, etc). Ukiah I'm sure isn't a bad place to live, but I wouldn't like how more isolated it is to live there.

Astoria, OR, or Port Angeles, WA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 01:02 PM

23,750 posts, read 24,316,459 times
Port Angeles, as I prefer WA state.

Cleveland or Cincinnati??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'd pick Solvang, since it's location appears to be less isolated and closer to more populated places(i.e. Santa Barbara, etc). Ukiah I'm sure isn't a bad place to live, but I wouldn't like how more isolated it is to live there.

Astoria, OR, or Port Angeles, WA?

Old 01-15-2022, 01:54 PM

14,363 posts, read 9,263,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Port Angeles, as I prefer WA state.

Cleveland or Cincinnati??
Cincinnati. Boatloads more charm and character.

I-70 shootout:

Columbus, Ohio, or Indianapolis?

Old 01-15-2022, 11:16 PM

3,959 posts, read 2,270,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Cincinnati. Boatloads more charm and character.

I-70 shootout:

Columbus, Ohio, or Indianapolis?
Columbus. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Youngstown OH or Akron OH?

Old 01-16-2022, 10:13 AM

51 posts, read 43,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Columbus. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Youngstown OH or Akron OH?

Akron is probably much cleaner and has more things to do.

Mountain Home, AR or Heber Springs, AR?

Old 01-16-2022, 12:56 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,440,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bootheel Bros. View Post
Akron is probably much cleaner and has more things to do.

Mountain Home, AR or Heber Springs, AR?
Good comparison to bring up, when it comes to places I hardly ever think about much. I'm intrigued about Heber Springs not being too far of a drive from places with slightly more things to do(Conway, Searcy), and not to forget it isn't too far of a drive from Little Rock either. And there are some nice scenic places not too far away, like the JFK Overlook and also Bridal Veil Falls. And it's less isolated, than Mountain Home.

On that sort of note of towns a little outside of a bigger city, and near a lake: Grove, OK, or Guntersville, AL? (typo now fixed for the latter)

Last edited by SonySegaTendo617; 01-16-2022 at 02:21 PM..

Old 01-16-2022, 03:30 PM

9,738 posts, read 9,524,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Good comparison to bring up, when it comes to places I hardly ever think about much. I'm intrigued about Heber Springs not being too far of a drive from places with slightly more things to do(Conway, Searcy), and not to forget it isn't too far of a drive from Little Rock either. And there are some nice scenic places not too far away, like the JFK Overlook and also Bridal Veil Falls. And it's less isolated, than Mountain Home.

On that sort of note of towns a little outside of a bigger city, and near a lake: Grove, OK, or Guntersville, AL? (typo now fixed for the latter)
Guntersville, AL is a beautiful place. I have been there and enjoyed my time. Still a good kept secret.

Huntington, WV or Decatur, AL?

Old 01-17-2022, 04:08 PM

51 posts, read 43,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Guntersville, AL is a beautiful place. I have been there and enjoyed my time. Still a good kept secret.

Huntington, WV or Decatur, AL?
Decatur seems to be less run-down and I would rather be near a big lake than mountains.

Rhinelander, WI or Warren, PA?

Old 01-17-2022, 04:59 PM

2,576 posts, read 2,917,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bootheel Bros. View Post
Decatur seems to be less run-down and I would rather be near a big lake than mountains.

Rhinelander, WI or Warren, PA?
Warren... It's 30 min from Jamestown, NY which has a plethora of small city amenities/offerings whereas Rhinelander is an hour from Wausau. Warren is a little bit warmer year-round as well - despite getting a little more snow on average. I also wouldn't mind being within a few hours drive of friends/family in Buffalo, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh.

Greensboro, NC or Lexington, KY?

Old 01-18-2022, 12:53 PM

9,738 posts, read 9,524,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Warren... It's 30 min from Jamestown, NY which has a plethora of small city amenities/offerings whereas Rhinelander is an hour from Wausau. Warren is a little bit warmer year-round as well - despite getting a little more snow on average. I also wouldn't mind being within a few hours drive of friends/family in Buffalo, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh.

Greensboro, NC or Lexington, KY?
Why did you do this to me? Both are two of my favorites. Both give me large farm town vibes and progressive southern. I am more familiar with Lexington. From what I have seen, I would choose Greensboro based on having better infrastructure and closer to the hiking I like to do.

Anderson, SC or Morristown, TN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City