Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2022, 11:22 AM

3,499 posts, read 3,421,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Ft. Wayne for sure. It has a better downtown and bigger city feeling. I am more familiar with Lafayette and was not impressed. Purdue in West Lafayette was nice, however.

Lexington, KY or Tulsa, OK?
I'm more familiar with Lexington, but I think I'd pick Tulsa due to it having more to do. And the fact it has a decent airport, that serves a lot of various destinations. And in Lexington, you'd very often have to travel north to CVG(Cincy-Northern Kentucky) airport or west to the one in Louisville, to fly to places.

Someone else mentioned Scottsbluff(NE) vs. Dickinson(ND). To me I'd pick Scottsbluff, since it doesn't get as cold there in the winter. And if you think about it, you aren't too far from Cheyenne and the bigger 'Front Range' corridor all along I-25 in the Denver metro. Same with not being too far away from western and southwestern South Dakota. Finally IIRC, there is a flight(although wouldn't be surprised if it was just a 'puddle jumper' type flight at most) between Scottsbluff's airport, and Denver.

Spokane, WA, or Reno, NV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 11:25 AM

8,613 posts, read 14,959,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'm more familiar with Lexington, but I think I'd pick Tulsa due to it having more to do. And the fact it has a decent airport, that serves a lot of various destinations. And in Lexington, you'd very often have to travel north to CVG(Cincy-Northern Kentucky) airport or west to the one in Louisville, to fly to places.

Someone else mentioned Scottsbluff(NE) vs. Dickinson(ND). To me I'd pick Scottsbluff, since it doesn't get as cold there in the winter. And if you think about it, you aren't too far from Cheyenne and the bigger 'Front Range' corridor all along I-25 in the Denver metro. Same with not being too far away from western and southwestern South Dakota. Finally IIRC, there is a flight(although wouldn't be surprised if it was just a 'puddle jumper' type flight at most) between Scottsbluff's airport, and Denver.

Spokane, WA, or Reno, NV?
Spokane. So close to the mountains of ID you can almost hit 'em with a rock.

Missed one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small town supremacy View Post
Fort Wayne has more to do and is probably a bit safer.

Scottsbluff, NE or Dickinson, ND?
Scottsbluff. 3 hours from Denver and a couple hours from the Black Hills. Dickinson is a thousand miles from nowhere.

Española, NM, or Trinidad, CO?

Old 01-28-2022, 12:32 PM

73 posts, read 45,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Spokane. So close to the mountains of ID you can almost hit 'em with a rock.

Missed one:

Scottsbluff. 3 hours from Denver and a couple hours from the Black Hills. Dickinson is a thousand miles from nowhere.

Española, NM, or Trinidad, CO?
Both look similar, but I'd pick Trinidad due to being more accessible.

For this next one, would you rather be left stranded on a deserted tropical island (southernmost territory btw) or live in the northernmost town in the US?

Rose Atoll (American Samoa) or Point Barrow/Utquiagvik, AK

Old 01-28-2022, 02:08 PM

433 posts, read 312,013 times
I would rather live in Point Barrow AK than Rose Atoll.
Even though it is isolated at least you have the northern lights, and the sun never sets in the summertime and in winter you have 2 months of endless nights.
Now into 2 former Illinois sundown towns that are familiar
Anna, IL or Cicero, IL?

Old 01-28-2022, 03:09 PM

3,957 posts, read 6,880,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
I would rather live in Point Barrow AK than Rose Atoll.
Even though it is isolated at least you have the northern lights, and the sun never sets in the summertime and in winter you have 2 months of endless nights.
Now into 2 former Illinois sundown towns that are familiar
Anna, IL or Cicero, IL?
Cicero, IL for me! Closer to family, closer to the city of Chicago, more to do, etc. Even if the idea of Cicero scares me a little, the advantages are too great to pass up for Anna, IL.

Tampa, FL or Miami, FL?

Old 01-28-2022, 04:52 PM

7,108 posts, read 9,015,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Cicero, IL for me! Closer to family, closer to the city of Chicago, more to do, etc. Even if the idea of Cicero scares me a little, the advantages are too great to pass up for Anna, IL.

Tampa, FL or Miami, FL?
I prefer Tampa. I couldn't quite put together me fitting in to Miami.

St. Louis or Seattle?

Old 01-28-2022, 07:09 PM

433 posts, read 312,013 times
Seattle for sure. Less crime, more diversity, and more comfortable weather for me.
Falkville AL, or San Leanadro, CA

Old 01-28-2022, 07:24 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,086,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
Seattle for sure. Less crime, more diversity, and more comfortable weather for me.
Falkville AL, or San Leanadro, CA
San Leandro. The Huntsville metro is a growing tech center like the Bay Area, and one could obviously live there at a small fraction of the cost, but I'd rather find a way to eke out an existence in the Bay and have access to a major metro's amenities. Was hoping Falkville would at least have a quaint downtown like a lot of the Bay suburbs do, but nope. There are towns this destitute in rural NorCal, but they at least have mountains.

Nearby Decatur, closer to Huntsville proper, looks okay, although I'd still prefer the Bay Area.

Butte, MT or Quincy, IL?

Old 01-30-2022, 09:50 AM

899 posts, read 528,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
San Leandro. The Huntsville metro is a growing tech center like the Bay Area, and one could obviously live there at a small fraction of the cost, but I'd rather find a way to eke out an existence in the Bay and have access to a major metro's amenities. Was hoping Falkville would at least have a quaint downtown like a lot of the Bay suburbs do, but nope. There are towns this destitute in rural NorCal, but they at least have mountains.

Nearby Decatur, closer to Huntsville proper, looks okay, although I'd still prefer the Bay Area.

Butte, MT or Quincy, IL?
It's close, but I'll go with Quincy because it's a bit cheaper.

Fayetteville, AR or Lincoln, NE?

Old 01-30-2022, 10:36 AM

73 posts, read 45,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
It's close, but I'll go with Quincy because it's a bit cheaper.

Fayetteville, AR or Lincoln, NE?
Fayetteville by a hair due to the lovely scenery to the south.

Hilo, HI or Key West, FL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City