Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2022, 01:13 PM

13,841 posts, read 8,122,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Anderson, SC or Morristown, TN?
I think I'd pick Anderson. Although I love visiting the mountains, I feel more at home in flatter terrain.

Staying in South Carolina:

Fountain Inn, South Carolina or Travelers Rest, South Carolina?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 05:51 PM

3,951 posts, read 2,266,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I think I'd pick Anderson. Although I love visiting the mountains, I feel more at home in flatter terrain.

Staying in South Carolina:

Fountain Inn, South Carolina or Travelers Rest, South Carolina?
Fountain Inn. I like it's location right off of the freeway. Lynchburg VA or Roanoke VA?

Old 01-18-2022, 06:31 PM

9,733 posts, read 9,517,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Fountain Inn. I like it's location right off of the freeway. Lynchburg VA or Roanoke VA?
Roanoke for more things to do and history. Reminds me a lot of Knoxville, just smaller.

Madison, WI or Grand Rapids, MI?

Old 01-18-2022, 09:23 PM

16,602 posts, read 10,767,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Roanoke for more things to do and history. Reminds me a lot of Knoxville, just smaller.

Madison, WI or Grand Rapids, MI?
Grand Rapids, and it isn't even close. It's more conservative (or, probably more accurately, less liberal) than most cities its size, whereas they don't call Madison "the Berkeley of the Midwest" for nothing. And the homeless population there was far more pronounced than I expected, during my one and only visit to the city. GR also has a bigger airport with more airline service. They both get cold in the winter, but I believe that Madison is colder and snowier.

Yuma, AZ or Lake Havasu City, AZ?

Old 01-18-2022, 10:05 PM

899 posts, read 531,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Grand Rapids, and it isn't even close. It's more conservative (or, probably more accurately, less liberal) than most cities its size, whereas they don't call Madison "the Berkeley of the Midwest" for nothing. And the homeless population there was far more pronounced than I expected, during my one and only visit to the city. GR also has a bigger airport with more airline service. They both get cold in the winter, but I believe that Madison is colder and snowier.

Yuma, AZ or Lake Havasu City, AZ?
Lake Havasu City is a solid choice to retire or work from home, with low crime and good schools.

Fort Wayne, IN or Lexington, KY?

Old 01-18-2022, 10:43 PM

16,602 posts, read 10,767,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Lake Havasu City is a solid choice to retire or work from home, with low crime and good schools.

Fort Wayne, IN or Lexington, KY?
Though I think both would be good choices, I like the rolling topography of Lexington better.

Cookeville, TN or Spring Hill, TN?

Old 01-19-2022, 07:26 AM

13,841 posts, read 8,122,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Cookeville, TN or Spring Hill, TN?
I think I'd go with Cookeville. Although I do like the Spring Hill area, it's too suburban and sprawly. Cookeville has more of a small town, college town feel being home to a small state university. It's also close to the mountains.

Poteet, Texas or Newnan, Georgia?

Old 01-19-2022, 08:07 AM

2,573 posts, read 2,915,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I think I'd go with Cookeville. Although I do like the Spring Hill area, it's too suburban and sprawly. Cookeville has more of a small town, college town feel being home to a small state university. It's also close to the mountains.

Poteet, Texas or Newnan, Georgia?
Newnan... It's much larger, has more amenities in town, is part of a decent public school system, and I'd prefer to live right outside Atlanta rather than San Antonio.

Two cities connected by ferry:

Ludington, MI or Manitowoc, WI?

Old 01-19-2022, 01:12 PM

3,509 posts, read 3,437,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Newnan... It's much larger, has more amenities in town, is part of a decent public school system, and I'd prefer to live right outside Atlanta rather than San Antonio.

Two cities connected by ferry:

Ludington, MI or Manitowoc, WI?
Comparing both these 2 cities, I'll go with Manitowoc. Less snowfall each year vs. Ludington, the economy is less dependent on tourism in Manitowoc vs. Ludington, crime rate is worser in Ludington to name a few examples of factors I compared of both cities. Finally, I REALLY like how Manitowoc isn't too far away from both Appleton, and Green Bay. Plus I like how it isn't too much further past Appleton, to get to Oshkosh. I'm sure Ludington is a nice town to visit, but I don't like how more isolated it is to get to other populated and interesting cities and towns in western Michigan. Even if it is only like a 2 hour drive, to get up to Traverse City. BTW on a side note, always thought it was really weird Traverse City doesn't have a 4 lane road connection of some sort(even if say MIDOT's plan would've been to widen Michigan State Highway 72, and to expand the US 131 expressway north from Manton to Kalkaska, and possibly beyond), with the current northern end of the US 131 expressway ending in Manton.

And on the note of isolated cities that are popular with those into outdoorsy activities: Traverse City, MI, or Bend, OR?

Old 01-20-2022, 12:58 AM

4,808 posts, read 3,101,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
And on the note of isolated cities that are popular with those into outdoorsy activities:
Traverse City, MI, or Bend, OR?
I'm a donut fancier, and Traverse City seems to have a great donut shop:
www.peaceloveandlittledonuts.com/donuts

But I've still got to go with Bend as the place to live... for the milder winters and the nearby mountains.

Port Townsend WA or Arcata CA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City