Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2021, 05:33 PM

73,238 posts, read 62,930,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Lawrence. Midwestern college towns are cooler and funkier than Southern ones (Columbia, Mo., possibly excepted), though from what I've heard, Athens may be an exception to this rule. But I do know that Lawrence has a great dining scene, something I usually don't associate with college towns.

Let's stay in this vein:

State College, Pa., or Ann Arbor, Mich.?
Ann Arbor, MI. Part of me feels like Ann Arbor might be a better fit for me. I know nothing about State College, PA other Penn State being there.

I've never been to Athens, GA. Kind of ironic because I grew up in Georgia. I never quite identified with any college football teams for the most part. And Kansas does have a bit of an allure for me (I want to make a trip out there sometime in 2022).

Eugene, OR or Boulder, CO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2021, 05:53 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,805,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Ann Arbor, MI. Part of me feels like Ann Arbor might be a better fit for me. I know nothing about State College, PA other Penn State being there.

I've never been to Athens, GA. Kind of ironic because I grew up in Georgia. I never quite identified with any college football teams for the most part. And Kansas does have a bit of an allure for me (I want to make a trip out there sometime in 2022).

Eugene, OR or Boulder, CO?
Eugene because it is less dry, more trees.

San Clemente, CA or Rancho Palos Verdes, CA?

Old 12-21-2021, 08:21 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Eugene because it is less dry, more trees.

San Clemente, CA or Rancho Palos Verdes, CA?
Rancho Palos Verdes for its proximity to the core of the LA metro.

White Plains, NY or West Orange, NJ?

Old 12-22-2021, 08:05 AM

655 posts, read 2,187,441 times
White Plains! Much more interesting, and more importantly, it's not Jersey.

Charlotte, NC or Tampa, FL?

Old 12-23-2021, 07:17 AM

13,814 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gv0928 View Post
Charlotte, NC or Tampa, FL?
I think I'd go with Charlotte. Not that there's anything wrong with Tampa; but having grown up in Central Florida, I'd prefer something different.

Dubuque, Iowa or Erie, Pennsylvania?

Old 12-23-2021, 07:25 AM

6,138 posts, read 9,203,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I think I'd go with Charlotte. Not that there's anything wrong with Tampa; but having grown up in Central Florida, I'd prefer something different.

Dubuque, Iowa or Erie, Pennsylvania?
I have never been to Dubuque, so I don't know anything about it. Erie is a terrible place to be in the winter. That being said, I guess I will go with Erie because it's close to home and some other places I love.

Saratoga Springs, NY or Charlottesville, VA

Old 12-23-2021, 08:09 AM

41 posts, read 44,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
I have never been to Dubuque, so I don't know anything about it. Erie is a terrible place to be in the winter. That being said, I guess I will go with Erie because it's close to home and some other places I love.

Saratoga Springs, NY or Charlottesville, VA
Saratoga Springs looks like a very nice town, however I'm gonna go with Charlottesville because Virginia has lower taxes than New York.

Erie, PA or Mentor, OH?

Old 12-23-2021, 11:32 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar80 View Post
Saratoga Springs looks like a very nice town, however I'm gonna go with Charlottesville because Virginia has lower taxes than New York.

Erie, PA or Mentor, OH?
Mentor because of its proximity to Cleveland and it's amenities. Billings MT or Sioux Falls SD?

Old 12-23-2021, 01:38 PM

13,814 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Billings MT or Sioux Falls SD?
I'd pick Sioux Falls. Neither are very scenic in their immediate vicinity, but both are within reasonable reach of spectacular scenery. I'm going with Sioux Falls for everyday living because it's greener with more trees and doesn't have the level of social problems Billings does.

Excelsior, Minnesota or Excelsior Springs, Missouri?

Old 12-23-2021, 06:28 PM

9,728 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Excelsior, MN because I would rather live by Minneapolis. The lakes are stunning in the area.

Topeka, KS or Charleston, WV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City