Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2021, 10:33 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Huntsville, TX. If high-speed rail ever comes to pass, this could easily be a stop on the Dallas-Houston route and perhaps turning this sleepy small town into a thriving city like the AL city with the same name. Bozeman is nice to visit, but there aren't enough jobs nearby, and at least Huntsville TX is close enough to Houston's northern suburbs to commute for now (though of course, HSR would make it a deal breaker for many). The scenery isn't that great, but that's what vacations are for, and being less than two hours from IAH provides plenty of options compared to the scant options that Bozeman's airport offers. This doesn't include the big city amenities as well that's a serviceable distance away from Houston metro without needing to spend a night. The summers would be a bit too hot/long for me, but at least you're pretty protected from hurricanes being inland. Speaking of the Lone Star state:

Happy, TX or Holliday, TX?
Holliday... it's a larger town with more amenities (albeit not that many, still) and it's closer to Wichita Falls than Happy is to Amarillo.

Winsted, CT or Putnam, CT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 10:48 AM

13,757 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Winsted, CT or Putnam, CT?
I prefer Winsted's location in western CT. It's a beautiful area.

Wichita Falls, Texas or Abilene, Texas?

Old 12-15-2021, 12:04 PM

3,496 posts, read 3,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I prefer Winsted's location in western CT. It's a beautiful area.

Wichita Falls, Texas or Abilene, Texas?
Neither of these places seem like one I'd want to greatly live in, but Wichita Falls I guess. It isn't too far from the north and northwest side Fort Worth suburbs, as well as not being far from the Wichita Mountains outside Lawton.

Shreveport, LA, or Texarkana, AR?

Old 12-15-2021, 12:34 PM

101 posts, read 173,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Neither of these places seem like one I'd want to greatly live in, but Wichita Falls I guess. It isn't too far from the north and northwest side Fort Worth suburbs, as well as not being far from the Wichita Mountains outside Lawton.

Shreveport, LA, or Texarkana, AR?
I'd choose Texarkana simply because it is an hour closer to the mountains than Shreveport, and also experiences less extreme weather issues than Shreveport.

Jefferson City, MO or Springfield, IL

Old 12-15-2021, 06:07 PM

7 posts, read 5,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajitajamboree View Post
Jefferson City, MO or Springfield, IL

Both are nice towns but I'm gonna have to go with Jeff City cause Missouri is a better state than Illinois.

Conneaut, OH or Spearfish, SD?

Old 12-15-2021, 07:39 PM

3,496 posts, read 3,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter enjoyer View Post
Both are nice towns but I'm gonna have to go with Jeff City cause Missouri is a better state than Illinois.

Conneaut, OH or Spearfish, SD?
I'd go with Spearfish. Nothing against Conneaut, but I'd love to explore western SD more closely. Ditto with eastern Wyoming, as well. And ND, if just for Theodore Roosevelt National Park. Neither of those places do have good winter temps(and I imagine you can feel how cold winter temps are in both places), but may as well live where you can enjoy the scenery. And growing up near a different Great Lake(Michigan), this region(and Conneaut, too) would probably have a 'been there, done that' feel to me today.

Cincinnati, or Pittsburgh?

Old 12-16-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Cincinnati, or Pittsburgh?
I really like both of these cities; but to live in I'm going with Cincinnati.

Greeley, Colorado or Flagstaff, Arizona?

Old 12-16-2021, 07:43 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I really like both of these cities; but to live in I'm going with Cincinnati.

Greeley, Colorado or Flagstaff, Arizona?
This one was surprisingly tough for me. Flagstaff has nicer amenities and is more picturesque with better outdoor offerings while Greeley is larger, more affordable, less immediately isolated, and doesn't get as much snow.

I'll still choose Flagstaff just because it seems more interesting and it's much easier to escape the winters by just driving 2 hours south to Phoenix.

Moving on to two "southern" college towns:

Carbondale, IL or Hattiesburg, MS?

Old 12-16-2021, 11:09 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,244,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
This one was surprisingly tough for me. Flagstaff has nicer amenities and is more picturesque with better outdoor offerings while Greeley is larger, more affordable, less immediately isolated, and doesn't get as much snow.

I'll still choose Flagstaff just because it seems more interesting and it's much easier to escape the winters by just driving 2 hours south to Phoenix.

Moving on to two "southern" college towns:

Carbondale, IL or Hattiesburg, MS?
Hattiesburg. Seems to be better off economically. Rapid City SD or Bismark ND?

Old 12-16-2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Rapid City SD or Bismark ND?
Rapid City. It seems like a more interesting city and is surrounded by much better scenery.

Lake City, Florida or Lake City, Minnesota?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City