Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2021, 09:34 AM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Bozeman. I like that it is much closer to serious mountains. I like that it isn't as large as Sioux Falls but is big enough and is not super far away from Billings, Butte and Helena. Bozeman is also the safer place to live it seems.

San Diego, CA or Tampa, FL
Tampa. San Diego is better to visit but Tampa offers just as much for way less. I also like having day trip options to other regional metros.

Asheville, NC or Austin, TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 09:37 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,244,772 times
Quote:
Bozeman. I like that it is much closer to serious mountains. I like that it isn't as large as Sioux Falls but is big enough and is not super far away from Billings, Butte and Helena. Bozeman is also the safer place to live it seems.

San Diego, CA or Tampa, FL
San Diego if I could afford it but Tampa realistically. Plus I like Tampa. Cheyenne WY or Eugene OR?

Old 04-25-2021, 10:24 AM

4,754 posts, read 3,069,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
San Diego if I could afford it but Tampa realistically. Plus I like Tampa. Cheyenne WY or Eugene OR?
Eugene -- it's green!

[Though if I had to live in WY, Cheyenne might be the best place; it's not far from Ft Collins, CO.
And the mountains to the west are attractive.]

Albuquerque or Spokane?

Old 04-25-2021, 11:54 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,859,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Tampa. San Diego is better to visit but Tampa offers just as much for way less. I also like having day trip options to other regional metros.

Asheville, NC or Austin, TX?
I noticed your post was accidentally skipped. I'd say Asheville. I'm actually planning on moving to the Hendersonville area just south of Asheville in a couple years. It's proximity to the mountains and Knoxville and Greenville are big pluses. I don't love how politically liberal Asheville is but if I am choosing between Austin and Asheville I'll pick Asheville for the reasons stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Eugene -- it's green!

[Though if I had to live in WY, Cheyenne might be the best place; it's not far from Ft Collins, CO.
And the mountains to the west are attractive.]

Albuquerque or Spokane?
I'd probably pick Spokane. The crime is lower. The cost of living is lower. I think I'd like the climate a little better (I like all four seasons). It is not far from Coeur d'Alene, ID and the beautiful nature there. I prefer green mountains as opposed to more of a desert landscape.

Lake Havasu City, AZ or Redding, CA

Old 04-25-2021, 03:29 PM

899 posts, read 528,351 times
Quote:
I noticed your post was accidentally skipped. I'd say Asheville. I'm actually planning on moving to the Hendersonville area just south of Asheville in a couple years. It's proximity to the mountains and Knoxville and Greenville are big pluses. I don't love how politically liberal Asheville is but if I am choosing between Austin and Asheville I'll pick Asheville for the reasons stated.

I'd probably pick Spokane. The crime is lower. The cost of living is lower. I think I'd like the climate a little better (I like all four seasons). It is not far from Coeur d'Alene, ID and the beautiful nature there. I prefer green mountains as opposed to more of a desert landscape.

Lake Havasu City, AZ or Redding, CA
I like Pittsburgh Point in Lake Havasu City. Lake Havasu City is also better for retirees than Redding.

Speaking of which,
Grand Rapids, Michigan or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania?

Old 04-25-2021, 09:07 PM

53 posts, read 33,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
I like Pittsburgh Point in Lake Havasu City. Lake Havasu City is also better for retirees than Redding.

Speaking of which,
Grand Rapids, Michigan or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania?
Pittsburgh because it has more of an urban feel than Grand Rapids. I like the diversity of architeture and rolling hills of downtown Pittsburgh and its surrounding neighborhoods. Also, it's closer to more major cities (Northeast Megalopolis).

Indianapolis, IN or Cleveland, OH?

Old 04-25-2021, 09:15 PM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy.bm0r3 View Post
Pittsburgh because it has more of an urban feel than Grand Rapids. I like the diversity of architeture and rolling hills of downtown Pittsburgh and its surrounding neighborhoods. Also, it's closer to more major cities (Northeast Megalopolis).

Indianapolis, IN or Cleveland, OH?
Cleveland for better ethnic food options and downtown shopping. The metro has much more to offer as well.

Memphis, TN or Jacksonville, FL?

Old 04-26-2021, 06:13 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,563,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Cleveland for better ethnic food options and downtown shopping. The metro has much more to offer as well.

Memphis, TN or Jacksonville, FL?
Jacksonville. I think it's going to be one of the metros that will make its big move upward in the 2020's. Great beaches, affordable, growing, friendly, St. John's River flowing through downtown. I lived in FL in the mid 2000's and loved it. In my metro rankings from last year, Memphis had the highest metro crime rate in the nation. If they can improve of that and work on some of its rundown areas, they can really make a move. They have so, so much potential. But, I definitely have to take Jacksonville on this one.

Tucson, AZ or Tulsa, OK?

Old 04-26-2021, 09:16 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Jacksonville. I think it's going to be one of the metros that will make its big move upward in the 2020's. Great beaches, affordable, growing, friendly, St. John's River flowing through downtown. I lived in FL in the mid 2000's and loved it. In my metro rankings from last year, Memphis had the highest metro crime rate in the nation. If they can improve of that and work on some of its rundown areas, they can really make a move. They have so, so much potential. But, I definitely have to take Jacksonville on this one.

Tucson, AZ or Tulsa, OK?
Tucson... Both cities have cool things going on but I like that Tucson is more liberal and Arizona as a state is just more attractive to me. The summer heat would take some time for me to get used to though.

Wilmington, NC or Pensacola, FL?

Old 04-26-2021, 10:50 AM

53 posts, read 33,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Tucson... Both cities have cool things going on but I like that Tucson is more liberal and Arizona as a state is just more attractive to me. The summer heat would take some time for me to get used to though.

Wilmington, NC or Pensacola, FL?
Wilimington simply because I enjoy having all four seasons lol.

Annapolis, MD or Alexandria, VA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City