Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2021, 05:52 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,333,990 times

Advertisements

Cumberland, MD...

I just could not live in West Virginia. For me it is a depressing state with a depressing economy.

Cumberland, MD is halfway between Pittsburgh and DC which is attractive. And only about 90 minutes to Frederick, Maryland which is an attractive small city.

Lehigh Valley, PA or Winston Salem, NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 07:24 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Lehigh Valley, PA or Winston Salem, NC?
Winston-Salem. I do love certain things about Eastern PA, but North Carolina's milder winters and more familiar attitudes make it feel more like home.

A True Grit Triple (I recently re-watched the John Wayne original film). Which of the three:

Dardanelle, Arkansas
Fort Smith, Arkansas
McAlester, Oklahoma

Old 04-23-2021, 11:01 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,244,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Winston-Salem. I do love certain things about Eastern PA, but North Carolina's milder winters and more familiar attitudes make it feel more like home.

A True Grit Triple (I recently re-watched the John Wayne original film). Which of the three:

Dardanelle, Arkansas
Fort Smith, Arkansas
McAlester, Oklahoma
Fort Smith. It's larger and close to both Tulsa and Fayetteville. Fremont NB or Cleveland TN?

Old 04-24-2021, 05:48 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,563,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Fort Smith. It's larger and close to both Tulsa and Fayetteville. Fremont NB or Cleveland TN?
Cleveland. I love the Chattanooga area and have no desire to live outside of the U.S.

Chico, CA or Youngstown, OH?

Old 04-24-2021, 05:58 PM

899 posts, read 528,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Cleveland. I love the Chattanooga area and have no desire to live outside of the U.S.

Chico, CA or Youngstown, OH?
Chico, no doubt. I don't like Youngstown at all due to crime and unemployment, and Chico is pretty nice.

Claremont or San Luis Obispo (both California)

Old 04-24-2021, 06:53 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,859,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Chico, no doubt. I don't like Youngstown at all due to crime and unemployment, and Chico is pretty nice.

Claremont or San Luis Obispo (both California)
Hmm. I don't love how densely populated the area is around Claremont but San Luis Obispo is a bit too far away from some real good sized cities for me. I think I'd pick Claremont (it seems to be quite a bit safer that SLO when I looked up both cities here on city data). I like that the mountains are very close. Los Angeles is a world class food city.

Reno, NV or Santa Fe, NM

Old 04-24-2021, 07:15 PM

3,496 posts, read 3,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Hmm. I don't love how densely populated the area is around Claremont but San Luis Obispo is a bit too far away from some real good sized cities for me. I think I'd pick Claremont (it seems to be quite a bit safer that SLO when I looked up both cities here on city data). I like that the mountains are very close. Los Angeles is a world class food city.

Reno, NV or Santa Fe, NM
Tough call, since both cities seem nice in certain ways. I guess I'd go with Reno, since I like how both 1) it's near ski resorts, and 2) that it's near Lake Tahoe. Crime per capita(at least per looking it up) seems a little lower in Reno, as well.

The two 'state university' cities in neighboring states, Stillwater, OK, or Manhattan, KS?

Old 04-24-2021, 08:03 PM

13,755 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
The two 'state university' cities in neighboring states, Stillwater, OK, or Manhattan, KS?
I'd pick Manhattan because I'd love to be near St. Mary's, KS.

How about the other pair: Norman, OK or Lawrence, KS?

Old 04-24-2021, 09:39 PM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd pick Manhattan because I'd love to be near St. Mary's, KS.

How about the other pair: Norman, OK or Lawrence, KS?
Lawrence, KS because of the nice small town atmosphere and restaurants. Kansas City area is nicer than Oklahoma City.

Bozeman, MT or Sioux Falls, SD?

Old 04-25-2021, 08:35 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,859,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Lawrence, KS because of the nice small town atmosphere and restaurants. Kansas City area is nicer than Oklahoma City.

Bozeman, MT or Sioux Falls, SD?
Bozeman. I like that it is much closer to serious mountains. I like that it isn't as large as Sioux Falls but is big enough and is not super far away from Billings, Butte and Helena. Bozeman is also the safer place to live it seems.

San Diego, CA or Tampa, FL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City