Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2018, 09:08 PM

755 posts, read 579,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I agree with you wholeheartedly about Lakeland. It's in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area AND not far at all from Orlando and all of its offerings. It's location is incredible.

Anyway, I'll go with Denver. I like the area climate and scenery better.

Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA?
A tough one. I prefer San Francisco overall but it's pricing is ridiculous. Boston's pretty cool and I want to visit in the spring. I went to San Francisco last spring and was impressed with what it had to offer.

If I had a really good paying job than San Francisco, otherwise Boston. Overall I'm going to say Boston because of the lower cost, other areas in the San Francisco metro are expensive as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
San Francisco by a little bit. I’ve never been to SF but it just seems awesome

Boston vs Philadelphia
Philadelphia. Both cities are good transit, amenities, and history, but Philadelphia has a much lower cost of living and is closer to where I live. Plus I have family in the Lehigh Valley area.

Charlotte, NC or Austin, TX?

Old 01-02-2018, 09:32 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,582,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Philadelphia. Both cities are good transit, amenities, and history, but Philadelphia has a much lower cost of living and is closer to where I live. Plus I have family in the Lehigh Valley area.

Charlotte, NC or Austin, TX?
I'd pick Charlotte. Familiar with both. Both have great economies. Charlotte's more affordable, more to do overall, and has more of the 4-season climate that I like. Great airport too.

Minneapolis, MN or Portland, OR?

Old 01-02-2018, 11:44 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,655,849 times

I spend my time on the Minnesota forum needling all the urbanites about how awful Minneapolis is, but for a city it's pretty great. But then, so is Portland. But they're both too expensive and overpopulated for me. I think today I'll pick Portland, but only if I can take a time machine back to about 1985. And then I'll buy a ton of real estate there (not that I had much money in 1985.)

Dover, DE or Mukilteo, WA?

Old 01-03-2018, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

I spend my time on the Minnesota forum needling all the urbanites about how awful Minneapolis is, but for a city it's pretty great. But then, so is Portland. But they're both too expensive and overpopulated for me. I think today I'll pick Portland, but only if I can take a time machine back to about 1985. And then I'll buy a ton of real estate there (not that I had much money in 1985.)

Dover, DE or Mukilteo, WA?
Dover, DE. Lower cost of living and not too far from Philadelphia, Baltimore , & Washington DC. Plus there’s Rehoboth Beach for the summer.

Boston, New York or West Newbury, Massachusetts?

Old 01-03-2018, 01:57 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,539,461 times
West Newbury. Just looked it up, how charming and close to the coast and metropolitan areas. More affordable, I'm assuming. Scenic and has historic homes.

Bellingham WA or Burlington VT.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
West Newbury. Just looked it up, how charming and close to the coast and metropolitan areas. More affordable, I'm assuming. Scenic and has historic homes.

Bellingham WA or Burlington VT.
Burlington. The damp, dank, cloudy climate of the PNW would drive me insane. Burlington's snow is fine with me and that whole Lake Champlain area is just breathtaking.

Tampa, FL or Tucson, AZ?

Old 01-03-2018, 02:06 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,655,849 times
Tampa, FL or Tucson, AZ?

Tucson. I hate humidity. Not that I particularly like Tucson, though.

Ottawa, ON or Quebec City, QC?

Old 01-03-2018, 02:19 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,598,197 times
Quecec City. Why, because I've been there, loved it, and don't know much about Ottawa.

Jacksonville or Buffalo?

Old 01-03-2018, 03:24 PM

Jacksonville. It's a good area. Great downtown and beaches.

Orlando, FL or Columbus, OH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City