Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2024, 11:58 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,423,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
The one in GA, as you can go to Atlanta, and hike in the Appalachians, plus Atlanta is more appealing for me than D.C.

Two tourist trap towns in the middle of nowhere
Wisconsin Dells, WI or Branson MO?
Probably Wisconsin Dells. While Branson's location isn't bad(i.e. not far from Springfield, plus also northwest Arkansas), I like Wisconsin Dells a little more. Plus having a station along the Amtrak Empire Builder route, is a nice amenity to have.

I'll pick 2 other isolated tourist towns(vs. these 2) for the next comparison: Bisbee, AZ, or Silver City, NM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2024, 09:48 AM

13,772 posts, read 8,078,279 times
This one was missed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim3 View Post
Honolulu, HI or Miami, FL?
Miami. I have no desire to live out on an island in the middle of the ocean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll pick 2 other isolated tourist towns(vs. these 2) for the next comparison: Bisbee, AZ, or Silver City, NM?
Silver City. It's a much more well-rounded city as it's larger and has a small state university. I also generally prefer NM to AZ.

Eureka, Missouri or Cedarburg, Wisconsin?

Old 02-05-2024, 09:51 AM

433 posts, read 312,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
This one was missed:

Miami. I have no desire to live out on an island in the middle of the ocean.

Silver City. It's a much more well-rounded city as it's larger and has a small state university. I also generally prefer NM to AZ.

Eureka, Missouri or Cedarburg, Wisconsin?
Eureka. As you can go to the Ozarks, plus Six Flags, and for me it looks more visually beautiful and stunning, Cedarburg might look unique, but at the same time it is another boring suburban city.

Beaumont, TX or Shreveport, LA?

Old 02-05-2024, 03:49 PM

14,340 posts, read 9,218,513 times
Quote:
Eureka. As you can go to the Ozarks, plus Six Flags, and for me it looks more visually beautiful and stunning, Cedarburg might look unique, but at the same time it is another boring suburban city.

Neither are what I would consider great shakes, but while Shreveport is not as industrial as Beaumont, the latter is closer to both Houston and Cajun country than Shreveport is. There's now an Interstate connecting Shreveport with Baton Rouge and New Orleans, but not even that makes it better located than Beaumont.

Fulton, Mo., or Fulton, N.Y.? (Can anyone here name the famous historical event that took place in the first of these two cities named for the same person?)

Old 02-05-2024, 04:11 PM

9,726 posts, read 9,489,509 times
Quote:

Shreveport is the nicer town. I like the strong culture and things to do. I would like to explore the downtown

Bloomington, IL or Anderson, SC?

Old 02-05-2024, 05:10 PM

544 posts, read 831,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Neither are what I would consider great shakes, but while Shreveport is not as industrial as Beaumont, the latter is closer to both Houston and Cajun country than Shreveport is. There's now an Interstate connecting Shreveport with Baton Rouge and New Orleans, but not even that makes it better located than Beaumont.

Fulton, Mo., or Fulton, N.Y.? (Can anyone here name the famous historical event that took place in the first of these two cities named for the same person?)

Winston Churchill gave his "Iron Curtain" speech.

Between the two towns I'd pick the one in MO because of its proximity to Columbia and its an area I'm familiar with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Shreveport is the nicer town. I like the strong culture and things to do. I would like to explore the downtown

Bloomington, IL or Anderson, SC?

Anderson, SC. Bigger metro area and weather more to my liking.

Arkansas City, Kansas or Arkansas City, Arkansas?

Old 02-05-2024, 07:48 PM

3,940 posts, read 2,249,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
Winston Churchill gave his "Iron Curtain" speech.

Between the two towns I'd pick the one in MO because of its proximity to Columbia and its an area I'm familiar with.

Anderson, SC. Bigger metro area and weather more to my liking.

Arkansas City, Kansas or Arkansas City, Arkansas?
The one in KS is much larger and close to Wichita the state's largest city. Erie PA or Roanoke VA?

Old 02-06-2024, 08:14 AM

13,772 posts, read 8,078,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Erie PA or Roanoke VA?
Roanoke. Erie is too snowy and decayed.

Sioux City, Iowa or Augusta, Georgia?

Old 02-06-2024, 09:51 AM

2,567 posts, read 2,904,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Roanoke. Erie is too snowy and decayed.

Sioux City, Iowa or Augusta, Georgia?
Augusta... Neither location is particularly attractive to me but Augusta forms a notably larger city/metro and the warmer climate is fairly appealing compared to Sioux City's as well.

Lewiston, ME or St. Cloud, MN?

Old 02-07-2024, 01:09 AM

6,437 posts, read 5,091,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Augusta... Neither location is particularly attractive to me but Augusta forms a notably larger city/metro and the warmer climate is fairly appealing compared to Sioux City's as well.

Lewiston, ME or St. Cloud, MN?
St. Cloud. Been thinking a lot about MN lately (thinking of it as budget Washington) as a place I might want to start a family. I'd be focusing on the Twin Cities for that, but it has me a bit biased towards St. Cloud.

The Lewiston area is also smaller and the state seems to have a less dynamic outlook in the coming decades. MN is going all-in on refugee resettlement and also has a fairly strong economy; my understanding is that Maine/upper New England is only really growing because of retirees, with a smattering of NYC-area economic migrants.

Catalina Foothills, AZ or Binghamton, NY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City