Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2024, 08:31 AM

544 posts, read 830,677 times

Advertisements

St. Paul. Looking at the stats I like the demographic mix better.

Santa Maria, CA or Colorado Springs, Co?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2024, 08:49 AM

4,429 posts, read 4,335,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
St. Paul. Looking at the stats I like the demographic mix better.

Santa Maria, CA or Colorado Springs, Co?
I mean Santa Maria is nice. Being so close to the ocean. But it is far from other places in Cali. I think I’ll go with Colorado Springs. Bigger city that offers more overall.

Omaha NE or Boise ID?

Old 02-25-2024, 10:39 AM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
I mean Santa Maria is nice. Being so close to the ocean. But it is far from other places in Cali. I think I’ll go with Colorado Springs. Bigger city that offers more overall.

Omaha NE or Boise ID?
Omaha with no reservations. The city has not been taken over by pretentious transplants. It also has a more developed art scene and business friendly environment.

Millville, NJ or Hot Springs, AR?

Old 02-25-2024, 12:41 PM

14,326 posts, read 9,202,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Omaha with no reservations. The city has not been taken over by pretentious transplants. It also has a more developed art scene and business friendly environment.

Millville, NJ or Hot Springs, AR?
The tomatoes are better in Millville, and you are close to both Philadelphia and the Jersey Shore there, but the city itself is nothing to write home about, while in Hot Springs, you have much better scenery and recreational options around you in the form of the Ouachita Mountains, Lake Ouachita and Hot Springs National Park. Little Rock is nowhere near either Philly or the Jersey Shore on the excitement scale, however.

I'd rate this a tossup. I don't need easy access to a beach, so I would go with Hot Springs for the scenery. (Even though I love tomatoes. Wait. Millville. No, wait. Hot Springs. I'll grow my own.)

How you pronounce the names of these two cities and the river that flows through one of them depends on the state you're in:

Arkansas City, Kan., or Arkansas City, Ark.?

Old 02-25-2024, 03:49 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,244,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
The tomatoes are better in Millville, and you are close to both Philadelphia and the Jersey Shore there, but the city itself is nothing to write home about, while in Hot Springs, you have much better scenery and recreational options around you in the form of the Ouachita Mountains, Lake Ouachita and Hot Springs National Park. Little Rock is nowhere near either Philly or the Jersey Shore on the excitement scale, however.

I'd rate this a tossup. I don't need easy access to a beach, so I would go with Hot Springs for the scenery. (Even though I love tomatoes. Wait. Millville. No, wait. Hot Springs. I'll grow my own.)

How you pronounce the names of these two cities and the river that flows through one of them depends on the state you're in:

Arkansas City, Kan., or Arkansas City, Ark.?
The one in Kansas. It's larger and I'd rather be in Kansas than the Arkansas delta. Texarkana TX or Bristol TN?

Old 02-25-2024, 05:27 PM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
The one in Kansas. It's larger and I'd rather be in Kansas than the Arkansas delta. Texarkana TX or Bristol TN?
Bristol because it is part of a larger region. I have been through there but not spent any significant time. I know there is a Bristol, VA that shares the same street. I love hiking and it looks more attractive. Both regions could use economic help.

Richland, WA or Eau Claire, WI?

Old 02-25-2024, 06:05 PM

433 posts, read 311,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Bristol because it is part of a larger region. I have been through there but not spent any significant time. I know there is a Bristol, VA that shares the same street. I love hiking and it looks more attractive. Both regions could use economic help.

Richland, WA or Eau Claire, WI?
Eau Claire. Closer to the twin cities, plus not full of natural disasters.

Cooper Harbor, MI or Key West, FL

Old 02-26-2024, 04:35 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
Eau Claire. Closer to the twin cities, plus not full of natural disasters.

Cooper Harbor, MI or Key West, FL
Key West... If I'm going to live somewhere so isolated, I'd prefer it to be the more populated location with more amenities and better year-round weather.

Cedar Rapids, IA or Evansville, IN?

Old 02-26-2024, 07:24 AM

13,759 posts, read 8,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Cedar Rapids, IA or Evansville, IN?
Evansville. I stayed there last year and found it to be pleasant enough. I also like its location on a major river.

Rockford, Illinois or Rochester, New York?

Old 02-26-2024, 07:35 AM

4,429 posts, read 4,335,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Evansville. I stayed there last year and found it to be pleasant enough. I also like its location on a major river.

Rockford, Illinois or Rochester, New York?
Rochester easily. Bigger city with much more to do and I like the setting near Lake Ontario.

Annapolis MD or Salem MA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City