Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2023, 05:33 PM

23 posts, read 21,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Tough choice for me as I'd rather not move back to New Mexico again and I'd prefer to live in Upstate NY. Utica has great food (chicken riggies are amazing and tomato pies), but the city has a sketch rust belt vibe that's rough around the edges. Santa Fe also has amazing food and I can't get enough green chile. It has an agreeable four season climate with abundant sunshine and overall the city is very charming, walkable, and attractive with stellar scenery. I'll go with Santa Fe.

Albuquerque, NM or Rochester, NY?
Albuquerque. I can't STAND freezing temperatures for months. Rather burn up than freeze.

Rogers, AR or St. Joseph, MO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2023, 08:55 PM

9,740 posts, read 9,529,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calesacult View Post
Albuquerque. I can't STAND freezing temperatures for months. Rather burn up than freeze.

Rogers, AR or St. Joseph, MO?
Close call. I would choose St. Joseph due to being closer to a large metro area. I also don't know as much about it which is exciting.

Eureka, CA or Farragut, TN?

Old 10-07-2023, 07:23 PM

7,108 posts, read 9,033,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Close call. I would choose St. Joseph due to being closer to a large metro area. I also don't know as much about it which is exciting.

Eureka, CA or Farragut, TN?
Eureka, Ca. Much better climate and more diversity. Farragut is over 70% one race and is far too conservative for my taste.

Portland Oregon or Orlando Florida?

Old 10-07-2023, 07:36 PM

2,389 posts, read 2,381,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Eureka, Ca. Much better climate and more diversity. Farragut is over 70% one race and is far too conservative for my taste.

Portland Oregon or Orlando Florida?
Orlando. This is a tough one actually because I prefer Portland’s climate and recreation is wayyyy better. However, it’s homelessness, drug scene, and high taxes are something I can’t get past. Plus, Orlando is actually a pretty good city. I’ll take Orlando, but if I did do Portland I’d have to live on the Washington side of the Columbia.

Atlanta or Charlotte

Old 10-07-2023, 09:38 PM

7,108 posts, read 9,033,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Orlando. This is a tough one actually because I prefer Portland’s climate and recreation is wayyyy better. However, it’s homelessness, drug scene, and high taxes are something I can’t get past. Plus, Orlando is actually a pretty good city. I’ll take Orlando, but if I did do Portland I’d have to live on the Washington side of the Columbia.

Atlanta or Charlotte
I will choose Atlanta due to its size and options for life being greater.

Orlando or Pittsburgh?

Old 10-07-2023, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I will choose Atlanta due to its size and options for life being greater.

Orlando or Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh for being more progressive and having more things to do not tourist related. It is a city that gets dumped on a lot which makes it more interesting to me. I also like the urban character and things to do.

Madison, WI or Columbus, OH?

Old 10-07-2023, 10:02 PM

6,453 posts, read 5,125,262 times
Quote:
Pittsburgh for being more progressive and having more things to do not tourist related. It is a city that gets dumped on a lot which makes it more interesting to me. I also like the urban character and things to do.

Madison, WI or Columbus, OH?
Really tough one. Madison is more my speed culturally but it's so much smaller. Madison's closer to family in Chicagoland... can't decide if that's a plus or a minus. I guess I'll give the edge to Madison since it seems to be making more efforts to urbanize (afaik), and I'd guess the public transit is better.

Paducah, KY or Bismarck, ND?

Old 10-08-2023, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Really tough one. Madison is more my speed culturally but it's so much smaller. Madison's closer to family in Chicagoland... can't decide if that's a plus or a minus. I guess I'll give the edge to Madison since it seems to be making more efforts to urbanize (afaik), and I'd guess the public transit is better.

Paducah, KY or Bismarck, ND?
Paducah due to location. Easy day trips to Nashville or St. Louis. Also, the people are very friendly and I would enjoy exploring the natural surroundings of the Ohio River. The region has potential, it just needs more jobs.

Prattville, AL or Ridgeland, MS?

Old 10-08-2023, 07:28 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,273,414 times
Quote:
Paducah due to location. Easy day trips to Nashville or St. Louis. Also, the people are very friendly and I would enjoy exploring the natural surroundings of the Ohio River. The region has potential, it just needs more jobs.

Prattville, AL or Ridgeland, MS?
Neither does anything for me but I'd go with Prattville. I'd rather be near Montgomery than Jackson. Topeka KS or Pueblo CO?

Old 10-08-2023, 08:22 PM

6,453 posts, read 5,125,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Neither does anything for me but I'd go with Prattville. I'd rather be near Montgomery than Jackson. Topeka KS or Pueblo CO?
I guess Topeka, it seems a bit more culturally interesting and it has more cities around it (Lawrence, KC, and sort of Manhattan).

Two towns with tiny populations, which mostly serve as the home for amusement parks and/or industry: Lake Buena Vista, FL or Lakeside, CO?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City