Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 09:57 PM

9,736 posts, read 9,524,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
New Braunfels. Great town with a nice German background.

Johnson City, TN or Utica, NY?
Utica, NY

Oklahoma City, OK or Norfolk, VA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 07:37 AM

37,929 posts, read 42,225,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Utica, NY

Oklahoma City, OK or Norfolk, VA?
Norfolk for sure.

Cary, NC or Alpharetta, GA?

Old 12-15-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Norfolk for sure.

Cary, NC or Alpharetta, GA?
Alpharetta for sure because it is not located in a state with anti-lgbt laws, and is close to Atlanta.

Santa Fe, TN or Nashville, IN?

Old 12-15-2016, 08:46 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,584,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Alpharetta for sure because it is not located in a state with anti-lgbt laws, and is close to Atlanta.

Santa Fe, TN or Nashville, IN?
I live in NC and you don't know what you're talking about, Shakeesha. The law/bill you're talking about is not anti-LGBT. It's pro-privacy rights for EVERYONE, not just for a selected group. Even SCJ Ruth Ginsberg (who is Liberal) sides in favor that no one's perceived right to use the restroom, dress/undress, and shower wherever they please doesn't override the general public's right to their personal privacy in such intensely private matters. The anti-discrimination statutes in the bill concerning gays/LGBT in terms of housing and jobs, everyone (including me) was for 100% (that fact is always oh-so conveniently left out of the discussion). BUT, the restroom/dressing room/shower room arm of the bill was covertly inserted at the last second, knowing it couldn't win on its own merits due to its anti-privacy measure. The very reaction YOU had towards this bill (based on emotion and lack of knowing the facts) is exactly what they wanted and counted on. I know this isn't the main theme of this thread, but YOU threw that unfair and untrue statement in. It really becomes tiring when I keep reading and hearing these things that are not based on reality at all, just what someone's own personal narratives and biases dictate to them. Anyway, I'm dropping the mic on this one.

Nashville. I love Santa Fe, but Nashville is larger and a bit more affordable. But I really love both.

Allentown, PA or Grand Rapids, MI?

Old 12-15-2016, 03:56 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,232,803 times
Quote:
I live in NC and you don't know what you're talking about, Shakeesha. The law/bill you're talking about is not anti-LGBT. It's pro-privacy rights for EVERYONE, not just for a selected group. Even SCJ Ruth Ginsberg (who is Liberal) sides in favor that no one's perceived right to use the restroom, dress/undress, and shower wherever they please doesn't override the general public's right to their personal privacy in such intensely private matters. The anti-discrimination statutes in the bill concerning gays/LGBT in terms of housing and jobs, everyone (including me) was for 100% (that fact is always oh-so conveniently left out of the discussion). BUT, the restroom/dressing room/shower room arm of the bill was covertly inserted at the last second, knowing it couldn't win on its own merits due to its anti-privacy measure. The very reaction YOU had towards this bill (based on emotion and lack of knowing the facts) is exactly what they wanted and counted on. I know this isn't the main theme of this thread, but YOU threw that unfair and untrue statement in. It really becomes tiring when I keep reading and hearing these things that are not based on reality at all, just what someone's own personal narratives and biases dictate to them. Anyway, I'm dropping the mic on this one.

Nashville. I love Santa Fe, but Nashville is larger and a bit more affordable. But I really love both.

Grand Rapids, MI

Better, larger city/metro offering more IMO.

Flagstaff, AZ or Lexington, KY?

Old 12-16-2016, 11:01 AM

848 posts, read 840,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Grand Rapids, MI

Better, larger city/metro offering more IMO.

Flagstaff, AZ or Lexington, KY?
Flagstaff! The winters would be way too cold for me, but the positives of the location outweigh the cold.

Galveston, TX or Biloxi, MS?

Old 12-16-2016, 11:08 AM

37,929 posts, read 42,225,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDave View Post
Flagstaff! The winters would be way too cold for me, but the positives of the location outweigh the cold.

Galveston, TX or Biloxi, MS?
Galveston for sure.

Springfield, IL or Jefferson City, MO?

Old 12-16-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkpr.../p/4c80461b815

Tourists Canceling Visits to North Carolina, Mississippi After Anti-LGBT Laws | Advocate.com

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...ndroid-verizon

Atlanta 2016 HRC MEI Score: 100

Alpharetta 2016 HRC MEI Score: N/A

Raleigh 2016 HRC MEI Score: 59

Chapel Hill 2016 HRC MEI Score: 69

Cary 2016 HRC MEI Score: 18

Old 12-16-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Galveston for sure.

Springfield, IL or Jefferson City, MO?
Jefferson City is a prettier area imo. Great shopping, restaurants, and things to do. It is an underrated area.

Dorchester, MA or Evans, GA?

Old 12-17-2016, 02:54 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,232,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha;465306IS?
Jefferson City is a prettier area imo. Great shopping, restaurants, and things to do. It is an underrated area.

Dorchester, MA or Evans, GA?
Dorchester, MA

It is adjacent to Boston so there is a lot to do there (dining, waterfront, historic sites, culture, etc). IMO I could adjust to a chilly MA winter easier than a hot and humid GA summer because I grew up in MN. Summers where I have lived for the last 15 years are cool compared to most of the USA. Would be a challenge to make that adjustment in GA.

Provo, UT or Lawrence, KS?

Last edited by chessgeek; 12-17-2016 at 03:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City