Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2015, 10:31 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,408,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
Jeez, not a fan of either city. The last time I was in Cleveland was a few years ago and the city would have been dead if it weren't for a the football game being played. I'll take Buffalo because it seems to be on the road to recovery.

The battle of the big guns:

Los Angeles or New York
New York. I'm from LA but I prefer NY for being able to walk and take the subway everywhere. 99 cent pizza doesn't hurt either

Miami or Tampa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 10:34 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,735,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
New York. I'm from LA but I prefer NY for being able to walk and take the subway everywhere. 99 cent pizza doesn't hurt either

Miami or Tampa?
I'm a native of Mass, and with all the nastiness between out two regions, I'd take NYC over LA any day!

Old 10-15-2015, 11:15 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,375,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
Cincinnati and Louisville are like an hour apart. There's not that much difference between them. Don't act like it's a world of change.

And Baton Rouge, because it has a healthier economy and is closer to NO.

Lake cities: Cleveland or Buffalo?
But Cincinnati is in Ohio. Nobody wants to stay there, why do you think Lebron left

Old 10-16-2015, 04:30 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,588,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post

Miami or Tampa?
Good enough reason LOL

Miami for the beaches/nightlife

Corpus Christi or Dallas both Texas?

Old 10-16-2015, 07:32 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,987,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Good enough reason LOL

Miami for the beaches/nightlife

Corpus Christi or Dallas both Texas?
Corpus Christi-I'd rather be closer to the coast and Houston/SA/Austin.

New Orleans, LA or Savannah, GA?

Old 10-16-2015, 08:13 AM

86 posts, read 106,657 times
New Orleans. I have always had a crush on NOLA from afar. I understand people say it is much better to visit than to live, but I cannot help to think that living in a city with such a rich, unique (albeit recently tragic) history would be amazing. The mixture of cultures there is just outstanding. Not sure I could handle either summer. I hear Savannah is charming and beautiful, but southern charm is not my thing.

Flagstaff, AZ or Greenville, SC?

Old 10-16-2015, 09:31 AM

1,709 posts, read 2,178,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
But Cincinnati is in Ohio. Nobody wants to stay there, why do you think Lebron left
Actually, 11,594,163 people want to stay there. Including some of my extended family.

And LeBron left for the same reason he came back: lucrative contracts. The average person doesn't take their talents to South Beach, however, so I don't now why you're using him as your example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggap View Post
New Orleans. I have always had a crush on NOLA from afar. I understand people say it is much better to visit than to live, but I cannot help to think that living in a city with such a rich, unique (albeit recently tragic) history would be amazing. The mixture of cultures there is just outstanding. Not sure I could handle either summer. I hear Savannah is charming and beautiful, but southern charm is not my thing.

Flagstaff, AZ or Greenville, SC?
Greenville, SC. It's closer to a lot of other cities, and I feel like it has more to offer than Flagstaff.

Charleston SC or Savannah GA?

Old 10-16-2015, 11:28 AM

37,929 posts, read 42,225,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
Charleston SC or Savannah GA?
Not sure how many times we're going to be presented with this option, but once again, Charleston. Love Savannah (especially the historic squares downtown...they are simply beautiful), but Charleston's metro is twice as large, has a larger, faster-growing, more well-rounded economy, more amenities, is better governed, has less violent crime, is more educated, has more professional opportunities, etc. Most people limit their choices to the historic districts of these two cities, but as beautiful as both are, I wouldn't be spending the majority of my time in either because after a while, I'd get annoyed with all the tourists. Charleston is overall more well-rounded, more progressive, and has more to see and do.

Tulsa or Charleston, WV?

Old 10-16-2015, 11:42 AM

7,741 posts, read 6,534,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Not sure how many times we're going to be presented with this option, but once again, Charleston. Love Savannah (especially the historic squares downtown...they are simply beautiful), but Charleston's metro is twice as large, has a larger, faster-growing, more well-rounded economy, more amenities, is better governed, has less violent crime, is more educated, has more professional opportunities, etc. Most people limit their choices to the historic districts of these two cities, but as beautiful as both are, I wouldn't be spending the majority of my time in either because after a while, I'd get annoyed with all the tourists. Charleston is overall more well-rounded, more progressive, and has more to see and do.

Tulsa or Charleston, WV?
Charleston. More trees, close to both Midwest, Southeast, and Northeast as well. Could easily take a drive to Philadelphia, Indianapolis or Nashville. Tulsa's more isolated. Though I like the plains area too.

Virginia Beach, VA or Concord, NH?

Old 10-16-2015, 02:14 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,408,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Virginia Beach, VA or Concord, NH?
Virginia Beach. Better weather. Bigger city. Actually on the ocean.

San Francisco or Boston?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City