Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 11:28 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,497,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Green Bay, because the Packers.

Since someone brought up that other one:

Kansas City, Kan., or Kansas City, Mo.?
Kansaa City, MO

Atlanta, MI or Louisville, MS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 04:02 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,211,442 times
Yikes!!! Both do not appeal in the slightest, but I guess I'd prefer MI over MS and if I'm gonna be going on an adventure (which I consider even just a one year stint in either of these cities) then I'll choose the place with snow and other more extreme activities.

San Bernardino, CA vs Glendale, AZ

Old 06-02-2018, 06:40 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Yikes!!! Both do not appeal in the slightest, but I guess I'd prefer MI over MS and if I'm gonna be going on an adventure (which I consider even just a one year stint in either of these cities) then I'll choose the place with snow and other more extreme activities.

San Bernardino, CA vs Glendale, AZ
Glendale... Although the summer heat doesn't sounds like fun, it's a more prosperous city and I prefer to be closer to downtown of a major metro.

Warner Robins, GA or Greenville, NC?

Old 06-02-2018, 08:44 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,978,805 times
Greenville, because it's not Deep South and is somewhat closer to Raleigh than the other is to Atlanta. It's also close to the ocean and the Outer Banks and Richmond and Hampton Roads areas in Virginia is in weekend getaway range or a day trip in a pinch.

Burlington, IA or Sterling, CO?

Old 06-04-2018, 11:45 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Greenville, because it's not Deep South and is somewhat closer to Raleigh than the other is to Atlanta. It's also close to the ocean and the Outer Banks and Richmond and Hampton Roads areas in Virginia is in weekend getaway range or a day trip in a pinch.

Burlington, IA or Sterling, CO?
Sterling... Both are located in fairly isolated locations with Burlington being a little closer to larger towns/cities. The area around Burlington is a little more populous as well. Chose Sterling because I love Colorado as a whole and being 2 hours (all interstate driving) from family and friends in Denver would be a huge plus. Burlington isn't within 3 hours of any destinations that I'd want to visit frequently.

Fort Stockton, TX or Woodward, OK?

Old 06-06-2018, 04:32 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,227,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Sterling... Both are located in fairly isolated locations with Burlington being a little closer to larger towns/cities. The area around Burlington is a little more populous as well. Chose Sterling because I love Colorado as a whole and being 2 hours (all interstate driving) from family and friends in Denver would be a huge plus. Burlington isn't within 3 hours of any destinations that I'd want to visit frequently.

Fort Stockton, TX or Woodward, OK?
Woodward, OK

It is a little larger than Fort Stockton (12k vs 8k) and less remote. Woodward is 140 miles to Oklahoma City. Fort Stockton is 240 miles to El Paso. Both cities have hot summer days, but it appears Woodward is a little cooler at night. It is currently 3 degrees cooler in Woodward (96 vs 99), but the low tonight will be 7 degrees cooler (69 vs 76). Am not sure if it is consistently so, but will assume so for the most part.

Pueblo, CO or Rochester, MN?

Last edited by chessgeek; 06-06-2018 at 04:50 PM..

Old 06-07-2018, 07:28 PM

1,049 posts, read 658,167 times
That is a tough one for me. Rochester is in the scenic driftless area and probably wouldn't be too far from other nice cites like the Twin Cities and Madison, WI. Pueblo, CO is an affordable and diverse small city that is not too far from the awesome scenery in Colorado and even New Mexico.

I would say Pueblo wins out by a very narrow margin due to its affordability and proximately to Denver and the Front Range.

Next Up:

Leavenworth, WA versus Gatlinburg, TN

Old 06-08-2018, 06:47 AM

23,569 posts, read 44,282,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
That is a tough one for me. Rochester is in the scenic driftless area and probably wouldn't be too far from other nice cites like the Twin Cities and Madison, WI. Pueblo, CO is an affordable and diverse small city that is not too far from the awesome scenery in Colorado and even New Mexico.

I would say Pueblo wins out by a very narrow margin due to its affordability and proximately to Denver and the Front Range.

Next Up:

Leavenworth, WA versus Gatlinburg, TN
Leavenworth possesses an authentic charm that Gatlinburg couldn't replicate on its best day.

Naples or Boca Raton, FL?

Old 06-08-2018, 08:05 AM

8,992 posts, read 17,363,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Leavenworth possesses an authentic charm that Gatlinburg couldn't replicate on its best day.

Naples or Boca Raton, FL?
I am not interested in either place. If I were forced to choose, I would choose Boca Raton because it is less isolated.

Memphis TN or Newark NJ

Old 06-08-2018, 08:09 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,204,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I am not interested in either place. If I were forced to choose, I would choose Boca Raton because it is less isolated.

Memphis TN or Newark NJ
Newark. I'd rather be in the Mid Atlantic than the Mississippi Delta.

Las Cruses, NM or Sedona, AZ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City