Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 09:42 PM

37 posts, read 64,437 times

Advertisements

Tough one, but I'd probably pick Dallas because of the warmer weather and climate and possibly less rain.

Toronto or Chicago, iL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 11:58 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,222,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_denoah View Post
Tough one, but I'd probably pick Dallas because of the warmer weather and climate and possibly less rain.

Toronto or Chicago, iL?
Welcome to city data.

Chicago, IL

It is closer to people I know in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Great and plentiful food options, scenic location on Lake Michigan & skyline, plenty to do (events, sports, culture, shopping, etc). Would not have to adapt to living in a different nation with hassles of new citizenship, though Toronto and Canada have their plusses. Fyi: the OP has stated this thread is only for U.S. cities (in the United States forum). No worries, you're new here. Just letting you know.

Alton, IL or Hastings, MN?

Last edited by chessgeek; 06-14-2018 at 12:38 AM..

Old 06-14-2018, 06:25 AM

8,991 posts, read 17,352,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Alton, IL or Hastings, MN?
I am taking the exurb of Minneapolis over the exurb of STL, no contest. The Twin Cities anchor a strong metro in a prettier part of the country.

Altoona PA or Fresno CA

Old 06-14-2018, 08:36 AM

1,815 posts, read 1,975,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I am taking the exurb of Minneapolis over the exurb of STL, no contest. The Twin Cities anchor a strong metro in a prettier part of the country.

Altoona PA or Fresno CA
Fresno. It's an underrated city by CA standards, being centrally located within the state, along with the fact that is growing. It's climate is also nicer with pleasant springs/falls, and summers that are very warm to hot, but with low humidity and less stifling than a Phoenix or Las Vegas. You can still enjoy winter in the nearby mountains if you're looking for snow. Altoona is rust belt, has been in a long, slow decline, and too far to enjoy the benefits of the Pittsburgh area, almost two hours away. I could easily reinvent it though like a Leavenworth, WA with its terrain not unlike Bavaria.

Elkton, MD or San Marcos, TX?

Old 06-14-2018, 10:22 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,200,291 times
Elkton, MD. Access to Chesapeake Bay or inland Texas? No contest. Plus I'd love to live between Philadelphia and Baltimore,

Grand Marais, MN or Grand Marais, MI?

Old 06-14-2018, 11:46 AM

154 posts, read 161,782 times
Grand Marais, MI ... Michigan is closer to things I like than MN

Virginia Beach, VA or Myrtle Beach, SC?

Old 06-14-2018, 12:09 PM

755 posts, read 576,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeOntarioLiving View Post
Grand Marais, MI ... Michigan is closer to things I like than MN

Virginia Beach, VA or Myrtle Beach, SC?
Virginia Beach. I prefer that VA-Norfolk metro area. Myrtle Beach was a cool visit for me, but I prefer to live in Virginia Beach.

Cincinnati, OH or Milwaukee, WI?

Last edited by ASJackson814; 06-14-2018 at 01:34 PM..

Old 06-14-2018, 05:15 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,203,827 times
These two are pretty evenly matched for me. A lot of the pros and cons are the same, given my preferences. I probably would like Cincy slightly more, however I'm going with Milwaukee simply because of its proximity to Chicago. I could see a trip into the "big" city every week or two being quite reasonable.

Columbus, OH vs Phoenix, AZ

Old 06-15-2018, 06:21 AM

9,719 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
These two are pretty evenly matched for me. A lot of the pros and cons are the same, given my preferences. I probably would like Cincy slightly more, however I'm going with Milwaukee simply because of its proximity to Chicago. I could see a trip into the "big" city every week or two being quite reasonable.

Columbus, OH vs Phoenix, AZ
Columbus based on what it offers young people. I also like it's proximity to other cities and West VA mountains.

Cleveland, OH or Nashville, TN?

Old 06-15-2018, 09:05 AM

5,300 posts, read 6,107,363 times
Give me Nashville.

Reno or Savannah?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City