Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2019, 12:19 PM

755 posts, read 578,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Concord, NC. I lived there for 13 years and liked it. Love that it's in the Charlotte area. Better climate than NH.

Boston, MA or Portland, OR?
Boston. I like the sports, history, culture, urban landscape, & metro area of Boston better. If you would've said Boston vs Seattle it would been closer for me, but I prefer Boston over Portland.

Buffalo, NY or Cleveland, OH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 12:22 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,571,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Boston. I like the sports, history, culture, urban landscape, & metro area of Boston better. If you would've said Boston vs Seattle it would been closer for me, but I prefer Boston over Portland.

Buffalo, NY or Cleveland, OH?
Cleveland. Both have struggled as of late, but Cleveland's bigger and has more too offer.

Phoenix, AZ or Salt Lake City, UT?

Old 07-05-2019, 12:55 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,429,649 times
Quote:
Cleveland. Both have struggled as of late, but Cleveland's bigger and has more too offer.

Phoenix, AZ or Salt Lake City, UT?
Salt Lake; better scenery, closer to seasons, just about as dry as Phoenix, not nearly as hot, and I think it's one of the most underrated cities in the mountain west. Not to mention you've got skiing right there in Park City, and Arches National Park is just south. Just a great location to different parts of the west/southwest. I wouldn't be a fan of Utah's liquor laws though.

Jacksonville, FL or New Orleans, LA?

Old 07-05-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
Salt Lake; better scenery, closer to seasons, just about as dry as Phoenix, not nearly as hot, and I think it's one of the most underrated cities in the mountain west. Not to mention you've got skiing right there in Park City, and Arches National Park is just south. Just a great location to different parts of the west/southwest. I wouldn't be a fan of Utah's liquor laws though.

Jacksonville, FL or New Orleans, LA?
Jacksonville. I love that area and its beaches. I like New Orleans' history, architecture, and food; but that's it. Huge flood risk, very gritty/grimey, too party-ish. Just not my cup of tea.

Greenville, SC or Syracuse, NY?

Old 07-05-2019, 01:27 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,872,817 times
Quote:
Jacksonville. I love that area and its beaches. I like New Orleans' history, architecture, and food; but that's it. Huge flood risk, very gritty/grimey, too party-ish. Just not my cup of tea.

Greenville, SC or Syracuse, NY?
Definitely Greenville, SC. Its downtown gets rave reviews, it seems like a great outdoorsy/biking town, and, in recent years, Greenville has been voted one of the best cities in the US to live/retire in.

I haven't been to Syracuse in years, but it was kind of depressed, as I recall.

Grand Rapids, MI or Cedar Rapids, Iowa?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 07-05-2019 at 01:47 PM..

Old 07-05-2019, 02:33 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Definitely Greenville, SC. Its downtown gets rave reviews, it seems like a great outdoorsy/biking town, and, in recent years, Greenville has been voted one of the best cities in the US to live/retire in.

I haven't been to Syracuse in years, but it was kind of depressed, as I recall.

Grand Rapids, MI or Cedar Rapids, Iowa?
Grand Rapids... larger, more vibrant, more diverse, not too far from Lake Michigan. It's a great medium sized city/metro.

Seattle, WA or Pittsburgh, PA?

Old 07-05-2019, 02:56 PM

755 posts, read 578,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Grand Rapids... larger, more vibrant, more diverse, not too far from Lake Michigan. It's a great medium sized city/metro.

Seattle, WA or Pittsburgh, PA?
Seattle. Better Growth, More Tech Jobs, Also has beautiful scenery, I prefer it's metro. Pittsburgh isn't bad, but I would go with Seattle, even though Pittsburgh has much better cost of living.

Dallas, TX or Houston, TX?

Old 07-05-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Seattle. Better Growth, More Tech Jobs, Also has beautiful scenery, I prefer it's metro. Pittsburgh isn't bad, but I would go with Seattle, even though Pittsburgh has much better cost of living.

Dallas, TX or Houston, TX?
Slight edge to Dallas. Houston has the Gulf beaches, which is a plus. But Dallas has more to do overall, closer to a 4-season climate, and no hurricane risk. Both are good, but I'll go with Dallas.

Minneapolis, MN or Denver, CO?

Old 07-05-2019, 04:13 PM

10,775 posts, read 23,927,567 times
Quote:
Slight edge to Dallas. Houston has the Gulf beaches, which is a plus. But Dallas has more to do overall, closer to a 4-season climate, and no hurricane risk. Both are good, but I'll go with Dallas.

Minneapolis, MN or Denver, CO?
Denver, I have close friends there and I love Colorado. I've spent lots of quality time there and would probably be living there if I wasn't back east.

Durango, CO or Las Cruces, NM?

Old 07-05-2019, 08:22 PM

9,728 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Denver, I have close friends there and I love Colorado. I've spent lots of quality time there and would probably be living there if I wasn't back east.

Durango, CO or Las Cruces, NM?
Durango because it is in a more prosperous state.

Huntsville, AL or Evansville, IN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City