Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 03:29 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,570,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
St. Louis. It's been around the block several times while Charlotte is still wet behind the ears as a big city.

Wilmington, Del., or Wilmington, N.C.? (I think this describes the universe of sizable (50k+) cities bearing that name.)
Wilmington NC. I like that Wilmington, DE is near Philly (one of my favorite cities), but I love the beaches around Wilmington, NC so much and love NC as a whole.

Albuquerque, NM or Colorado Springs, CO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 05:57 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,454,354 times
Albuquerque cuz its in New Mexico

Plano, Texas or Alpharetta,Georgia?

Old 08-11-2019, 08:19 PM

5,301 posts, read 5,272,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Albuquerque cuz its in New Mexico

Plano, Texas or Alpharetta,Georgia?
Alpharetta, GA...much prefer to be in the Atlanta Metro area of Dallas-Ft Worth...no desire to be in TX

Pensacola, FL or Galveston, TX

Old 08-11-2019, 08:28 PM

14,343 posts, read 9,225,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Alpharetta, GA...much prefer to be in the Atlanta Metro area of Dallas-Ft Worth...no desire to be in TX

Pensacola, FL or Galveston, TX
Galveston. More history, more charm, and I do like Texas. Just not Dallas. (Most of my family on my Mom's side lives in the greater Houston area or in next-door Louisiana. Galveston is part of metropolitan Houston.)

Lowell, Mass., or Gastonia, N.C.?

Old 08-11-2019, 10:37 PM

12,239 posts, read 8,160,054 times
Lowell, Mass. Just a better state overall and Lowell is starting to really gentrify these days.

Greensboro NC or Virginia Beach VA?

Old 08-12-2019, 02:26 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Lowell, Mass. Just a better state overall and Lowell is starting to really gentrify these days.

Greensboro NC or Virginia Beach VA?
Greensboro. Very underrated area in its livability. Unusually good Buying Power. Not far from the mountains, beaches, and Charlotte.

Tampa, FL or Pittsburgh, PA?

Old 08-12-2019, 04:10 AM

14,343 posts, read 9,225,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Greensboro. Very underrated area in its livability. Unusually good Buying Power. Not far from the mountains, beaches, and Charlotte.

Tampa, FL or Pittsburgh, PA?
That's an interesting pair. I'm curious why you chose those two cities. (You may answer in a DM or reputation comment if you don't want to disrupt the flow.)

I'm curious to check out the Tampa Bay region, but I find Pittsburgh's topography very interesting - I'd sure get in a better workout on my walks - and the place has a lot of character. I'll take the 'Burgh.

Pittsburgh or Philadelphia?

Old 08-12-2019, 05:42 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,241,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
That's an interesting pair. I'm curious why you chose those two cities. (You may answer in a DM or reputation comment if you don't want to disrupt the flow.)

I'm curious to check out the Tampa Bay region, but I find Pittsburgh's topography very interesting - I'd sure get in a better workout on my walks - and the place has a lot of character. I'll take the 'Burgh.

Pittsburgh or Philadelphia?
Philadelphia. My family relocated there from Pittsburgh in my college years. It was my first experience living in a truly big city & I went on a couple excursions with friends to NYC. Good experiences. Philly was a little rougher around the edges back then. Would love to revisit to see the ongoing renaissance in the city.

Atlanta or Charlotte?

Old 08-12-2019, 08:06 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,204,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
Philadelphia. My family relocated there from Pittsburgh in my college years. It was my first experience living in a truly big city & I went on a couple excursions with friends to NYC. Good experiences. Philly was a little rougher around the edges back then. Would love to revisit to see the ongoing renaissance in the city.

Atlanta or Charlotte?
Charlotte. I really don't care for either city but I dislike Charlotte less. Plus of the friends I have in both areas my best friend from high school is fairly wealthy in Charlotte and has an awesome place where I could hang out .

Santa Barbara, CA or Sarasota, FL?

Old 08-12-2019, 08:34 AM

1,098 posts, read 910,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Charlotte. I really don't care for either city but I dislike Charlotte less. Plus of the friends I have in both areas my best friend from high school is fairly wealthy in Charlotte and has an awesome place where I could hang out .

Santa Barbara, CA or Sarasota, FL?
Santa Barbara, CA by far. I never want to live in Florida. Too flat for me.

Las Vegas, NV vs. St. Louis, MO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City