Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2019, 09:25 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,476,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Sierra Vista... Seems a little more prosperous and diverse, less extreme heat, and is closer to Tuscon than El Centro is to San Diego.

Rock Springs, WY or Elko, NV?
Elko. It is nice that Rock Springs has some proximity to SLC, but Wyoming is far too conservative of a state for me. I bet Elko is conservative/libertarian as well, but at least it is in a more moderate/light blue state. I'd also rather be closer to California.

Chattanooga, TN or Syracuse, NY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 02:42 PM

1,763 posts, read 1,178,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Elko. It is nice that Rock Springs has some proximity to SLC, but Wyoming is far too conservative of a state for me. I bet Elko is conservative/libertarian as well, but at least it is in a more moderate/light blue state. I'd also rather be closer to California.

Chattanooga, TN or Syracuse, NY?
Chattanooga. Neither seems that appealing. Tie goes to better weather.

Sioux Falls vs. Sioux City?

Old 08-13-2019, 09:34 PM

64 posts, read 86,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
Chattanooga. Neither seems that appealing. Tie goes to better weather.

Sioux Falls vs. Sioux City?
Sioux Falls - Bigger, more vibrant.

Davis, WV vs. Thomas, WV

Last edited by wxurbanite; 08-13-2019 at 09:58 PM..

Old 08-14-2019, 05:42 AM

2,576 posts, read 2,918,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxurbanite View Post
Sioux Falls - Bigger, more vibrant.

Davis, WV vs. Thomas, WV
As someone who lives in NYC right now, I think I'd go crazy in both places (granted they are 5 minutes apart), but if I had to choose one I'd choose Davis because it has a grocery store and the median age of the town is almost 10 years younger than Thomas.

Norman, OK or Waco, TX?

Old 08-14-2019, 11:55 AM

755 posts, read 580,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
As someone who lives in NYC right now, I think I'd go crazy in both places (granted they are 5 minutes apart), but if I had to choose one I'd choose Davis because it has a grocery store and the median age of the town is almost 10 years younger than Thomas.

Norman, OK or Waco, TX?
This is probably one of the rare times I'd take OK over TX. Norman b/c of it's much closer proximity to a major city (30 mins from OKC vs 1h 45 mins from Dallas & Austin), & the city has a larger amount of Jobs in my field, plus Oklahoma has lower cost of living than Texas.

Kingman, AZ or Silver Springs, NV?

Old 08-14-2019, 04:11 PM

256 posts, read 154,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
This is probably one of the rare times I'd take OK over TX. Norman b/c of it's much closer proximity to a major city (30 mins from OKC vs 1h 45 mins from Dallas & Austin), & the city has a larger amount of Jobs in my field, plus Oklahoma has lower cost of living than Texas.

Kingman, AZ or Silver Springs, NV?
I'll go with Kingman here. Kingman seems more like civilization in itself, while Silver Springs is 45+ minutes away from both Reno and Carson City. Silver Springs has an edge with somewhat cooler weather, but I feel like I would prefer AZ to NV in just about any respect. Plus, Kingman has a Del Taco AND Cracker Barrel - what's not to love!

Flagstaff, AZ or Colorado Springs, CO?

Old 08-14-2019, 06:29 PM

10,784 posts, read 23,955,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLover27 View Post
I'll go with Kingman here. Kingman seems more like civilization in itself, while Silver Springs is 45+ minutes away from both Reno and Carson City. Silver Springs has an edge with somewhat cooler weather, but I feel like I would prefer AZ to NV in just about any respect. Plus, Kingman has a Del Taco AND Cracker Barrel - what's not to love!

Flagstaff, AZ or Colorado Springs, CO?
Flagstaff, one of my favorite cities in the West, beautiful area and a fun college town.

West Newbury, MA or Sturbridge, MA?

Old 08-16-2019, 02:53 AM

755 posts, read 580,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Flagstaff, one of my favorite cities in the West, beautiful area and a fun college town.

West Newbury, MA or Sturbridge, MA?
West Newbury, MA. Closer to Boston and hometown of JOHN CENA!!!

Boulder City, NV or Williams, AZ?

Old 08-16-2019, 06:32 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,209,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
West Newbury, MA. Closer to Boston and hometown of JOHN CENA!!!

Boulder City, NV or Williams, AZ?
Williams. I much prefer the weather, elevation, location, proximity to a better city, and my husband has been asked to take a job in Williams on numerous occasions so I'm sure he could have a job there tomorrow if needed.

Milwaukee or Baltimore?

Old 08-16-2019, 06:47 AM

32,632 posts, read 77,844,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Milwaukee or Baltimore?
Milwaukee. This was a tough decision for me. Baltimore's crime rate is just far too high for my liking. It has a tremendously-appealing built environment, walkability, beautiful historic rowhomes, the Inner Harbor, a great location proximate to the mountains; DC; Philadelphia; or the beaches; etc., but I like to explore cities extensively on foot. I'd be much more terrified to do so in Baltimore than in Milwaukee. I mean I even walk through Pittsburgh's worst neighborhoods (in daylight) and never feel uncomfortable. Not sure I could say the same for Baltimore. If and when Baltimore gets its crime under control my decision would be swayed towards Baltimore.

For Milwaukee I'd love to take day-trips to Chicago or Madison. The lakefront setting is appealing. There are great walkable historic neighborhoods. Very underrated city. Yes, there's still crime, but I feel like overall it's a safer city than Baltimore.

NEXT: Saranac Lake, NY or Bend, OR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City