Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 04:31 PM

94,181 posts, read 125,031,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yopper77 View Post
I'd go with Maui. Both smallish populations and isolated, but I found Maui to be more beautiful. If you're going to be isolated in Hawaii, take the prettiest option...

Altoona, PA or Morgantown, WV?
Morgantown due to the college town feel and it would mean more things to do.

Valparaiso IN or Oxford OH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 05:01 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,471,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Morgantown due to the college town feel and it would mean more things to do.

Valparaiso IN or Oxford OH?
Oxford. I have lived in both Indiana and Ohio, and much prefer Ohio. Oxford is closer to hills and the kind of hiking I like, and it is close to Cincinnati, a beautiful city.

Hilton Head, SC or Hampton, NH?

Old 08-21-2019, 06:48 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,571,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Oxford. I have lived in both Indiana and Ohio, and much prefer Ohio. Oxford is closer to hills and the kind of hiking I like, and it is close to Cincinnati, a beautiful city.

Hilton Head, SC or Hampton, NH?
Hilton Head for sure. I've lived in New England and now live in the Carolinas. Hampton is very nice and has its merits, but I much prefer the tropical climate, ocean water temperature, and beaches of Hilton Head. I find the area very relaxing and very beautiful.

Omaha, NE or Dayton, OH?

Old 08-22-2019, 01:51 AM

7,780 posts, read 10,211,442 times
Never been to either, but I am pretty sure Omaha is the pick. Seems to have a nice downtown, better reputation overall, and slightly larger metro.

Manhattan Beach, CA vs Manhattan, NYC, NY

Old 08-22-2019, 04:29 AM

14,343 posts, read 9,230,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Never been to either, but I am pretty sure Omaha is the pick. Seems to have a nice downtown, better reputation overall, and slightly larger metro.

Manhattan Beach, CA vs Manhattan, NYC, NY
If I could somehow graft Manhattan Beach's beach onto Manhattan, it would be perfect. Way too expensive still, but otherwise perfect.

But since I can't, I'll take Manhattan, once I've founded a tech startup and become filthy rich.

Manhattan, Kan., or Lawrence, Kan.? (I'm sure some of you will get the connection here.)

Old 08-22-2019, 06:52 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
If I could somehow graft Manhattan Beach's beach onto Manhattan, it would be perfect. Way too expensive still, but otherwise perfect.

But since I can't, I'll take Manhattan, once I've founded a tech startup and become filthy rich.

Manhattan, Kan., or Lawrence, Kan.? (I'm sure some of you will get the connection here.)
Lawrence... larger, seems a little bit more sophisticated, and much closer to the Kansas City metro. I don't have much of a preference between KU and KSU though

Scottsdale, AZ or Plano, TX?

Old 08-22-2019, 08:01 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,571,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Lawrence... larger, seems a little bit more sophisticated, and much closer to the Kansas City metro. I don't have much of a preference between KU and KSU though

Scottsdale, AZ or Plano, TX?
Plano. I prefer their climate and prefer the DFW area to the PHX area.

Champaign, IL or Utica, NY?

Old 08-22-2019, 09:43 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,963,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Plano. I prefer their climate and prefer the DFW area to the PHX area.

Champaign, IL or Utica, NY?
I guess Champaign, because of the Univ of Illinois and relative proximity to Chicago. Utica is a depressed city in upstate NY, along I-90, that needs help.

Chico, CA vs. Walla Walla, WA

Old 08-22-2019, 04:14 PM

1,049 posts, read 658,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I guess Champaign, because of the Univ of Illinois and relative proximity to Chicago. Utica is a depressed city in upstate NY, along I-90, that needs help.

Chico, CA vs. Walla Walla, WA
Chico, CA is closer to the Sierra Nevada, but it has a very high wildfire threat. Walla Walla is close to the scenic Columbia River Gorge area.

Both have nice Medditerian Style climates.

I imagine Walla Walla would be a little bit cheaper so if money was an object, in this case, I will go with Walla Walla, but if not Chico because there is a bit more varied scenery in Chico versus Walla Walla although both have above average scenery nearby.

Eminence MO versus Ironton, OH

Old 08-23-2019, 09:47 AM

7,780 posts, read 10,211,442 times
Oh geez you are killing me here! Well actually Ironton appears to be ok size with a decent amount of things happening so I would easily choose it out of the two. But man, please not longer than a year.

Anaheim v Kissimmee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City