Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 07:07 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,204,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicAries View Post
Santa Fe

San Francisco or Las Vegas?
San Francisco. Even though I would be thrilled to live in SF, it wouldn't matter what city you put up against LV, you couldn't pay me enough to live there. I don't gamble, I don't like manufactured/fake environments, I despise heat, and I need water. And not the recycled fountain kind. Las Vegas is my nightmare.

Sacramento or Denver?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 08:59 AM

7,780 posts, read 10,210,361 times
Ahh once again I am on the fence. I like both cities but don't love either one. Neither is truly on the radar for relocation. I think of Denver more favorably, but Sacramento's proximity to SF is definitely advantageous. I think I'll pick Denver though for a more interesting change of pace.

Madison, WI v Asheville, NC

Old 09-05-2019, 09:59 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,962,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Ahh once again I am on the fence. I like both cities but don't love either one. Neither is truly on the radar for relocation. I think of Denver more favorably, but Sacramento's proximity to SF is definitely advantageous. I think I'll pick Denver though for a more interesting change of pace.

Madison, WI v Asheville, NC
Madison, by a landslide. I lived there for a while--easily one of America's most desirable mid-sized metro areas. The U of W main campus, the state capital, good restaurants ( with large portions), and an attractive physical environment.

Minneapolis, MN vs San Diego, CA

Old 09-05-2019, 11:24 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,906,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Madison, by a landslide. I lived there for a while--easily one of America's most desirable mid-sized metro areas. The U of W main campus, the state capital, good restaurants ( with large portions), and an attractive physical environment.

Minneapolis, MN vs San Diego, CA
San Diego... While I appreciate Minneapolis's urbanity, San Diego's weather is too good to pass up and there's enough amenities/job opportunities to make it an attractive destination.

Cedar Rapids, IA or Erie, PA?

Old 09-05-2019, 12:41 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
San Diego... While I appreciate Minneapolis's urbanity, San Diego's weather is too good to pass up and there's enough amenities/job opportunities to make it an attractive destination.

Cedar Rapids, IA or Erie, PA?
Erie. I really wouldn't want to live in either, but I wouldn't want to be in a landlocked area like Cedar Rapids. I like Erie's location on the Lake and between Cleveland and Buffalo. Not too far from Pittsburgh.

Charlotte, NC or Austin, TX?

Old 09-05-2019, 05:28 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,806,803 times
Austin because at least it's slightly drier. Still wouldn't do it in real life.

Rochester, NY or Green Bay, WI?

Old 09-05-2019, 05:52 PM

1,098 posts, read 910,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Austin because at least it's slightly drier. Still wouldn't do it in real life.

Rochester, NY or Green Bay, WI?
Rochester, NY. Random, but for some reason when I'm bored at work I enjoy looking at google street views of the area. Some of the neighborhoods are absolutely beautiful and they remind me of my home in Ohio. Also, for what it's worth, it's slightly warmer, although much more snow.

Cleveland, OH vs. Phoenix, AZ

Old 09-05-2019, 06:18 PM

10,774 posts, read 23,924,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Rochester, NY. Random, but for some reason when I'm bored at work I enjoy looking at google street views of the area. Some of the neighborhoods are absolutely beautiful and they remind me of my home in Ohio. Also, for what it's worth, it's slightly warmer, although much more snow.

Cleveland, OH vs. Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix, I'm more partial to the Southwest. It's a visually stimulating place for me. The city layout isn't my favorite but it has nice landscaping, the saguaros add a nice touch. It has an improving core and it's a decent food town.

Provo, UT or Ogden, UT?

Old 09-05-2019, 06:45 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,438,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Phoenix, I'm more partial to the Southwest. It's a visually stimulating place for me. The city layout isn't my favorite but it has nice landscaping, the saguaros add a nice touch. It has an improving core and it's a decent food town.

Provo, UT or Ogden, UT?
Provo because I've heard of it lmao

Kansas City, Missouri or Seattle, Washington?

Old 09-05-2019, 07:58 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,806,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post
Provo because I've heard of it lmao

Kansas City, Missouri or Seattle, Washington?
Kansas City because I could afford to live there and buy plane tickets to Seattle and a hundred other places for the price of being stationary in Seattle. Plus it’s a cool town anyway.

Hattiesburg, MS, or Morgantown, WV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City