Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2019, 04:41 AM

7,780 posts, read 10,219,479 times

Advertisements

Duluth! Don't know too much about either place, but Duluth has intrigued me and I think I might like it aside from the winters.

Florham Park, NJ vs Dearborn, MI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 04:42 AM

7,780 posts, read 10,219,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Duluth, well because its not in MS, but also on its own it looks like a very scenic area on the shores of Lake Superior and steep hills and also seems to have a vibrant little downtown.

St. Paul, MN or Spokane, WA?
Oops I forgot to refresh. Hmm, St Paul for sure. Much larger metro and I like the city anyway. Tacoma would have been a tougher comparison for me.

Alright, Florham Park, NJ vs Dearborn, MI

Old 07-13-2019, 06:18 AM

2,573 posts, read 2,915,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Oops I forgot to refresh. Hmm, St Paul for sure. Much larger metro and I like the city anyway. Tacoma would have been a tougher comparison for me.

Alright, Florham Park, NJ vs Dearborn, MI
Florham Park... seems like a nicer, more prosperous place and I would think that north Jersey is richer in amenities/employment opportunities than that part of the Detroit metro.

Washington, DC or Denver, CO?

Old 07-13-2019, 08:49 AM

9,587 posts, read 5,876,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Florham Park... seems like a nicer, more prosperous place and I would think that north Jersey is richer in amenities/employment opportunities than that part of the Detroit metro.

Washington, DC or Denver, CO?
DC. I like its East Coast culture, and I definitely appreciate its easy proximity to other metros.

Portland, OR or Seattle, WA?

Old 07-13-2019, 09:05 AM

23,578 posts, read 44,313,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
DC. I like its East Coast culture, and I definitely appreciate its easy proximity to other metros.

Portland, OR or Seattle, WA?
Seattle; larger and more cosmopolitan, and its location between the bay and the lake is a huge plus.

Sandusky, OH or Traverse City, MI?

Old 07-13-2019, 09:37 AM

90 posts, read 115,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Seattle; larger and more cosmopolitan, and its location between the bay and the lake is a huge plus.

Sandusky, OH or Traverse City, MI?
Sandusky. Cedar Point.

Grand Rapids, Michigan or Little Rock, Arkansas

Old 07-13-2019, 09:51 AM

9,587 posts, read 5,876,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanenthusiastfromKC View Post
Sandusky. Cedar Point.

Grand Rapids, Michigan or Little Rock, Arkansas
Grand Rapids. Michigan is a more affluent state with better opportunity, and Grand Rapids is close to the spectacular beauty and beaches of Lake Michigan.

Buffalo, NY or Detroit, MI?

Old 07-13-2019, 10:09 AM

3,181 posts, read 5,170,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Grand Rapids. Michigan is a more affluent state with better opportunity, and Grand Rapids is close to the spectacular beauty and beaches of Lake Michigan.

Buffalo, NY or Detroit, MI?
Buffalo. Actually when I was living in Buffalo years ago, someone from Detroit had moved there and raved how much better Buffalo was. This was about twelve years ago, way before Detroit had any sort of resurgence.

Albany NY, or Oklahoma city

Old 07-13-2019, 11:08 AM

23,578 posts, read 44,313,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Buffalo. Actually when I was living in Buffalo years ago, someone from Detroit had moved there and raved how much better Buffalo was. This was about twelve years ago, way before Detroit had any sort of resurgence.

Albany NY, or Oklahoma city
Albany for its architectural heritage and its location on the Hudson River.

New Canaan, CT or Gladwyne, PA?

Old 07-13-2019, 08:01 PM

14,360 posts, read 9,255,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Albany for its architectural heritage and its location on the Hudson River.

New Canaan, CT or Gladwyne, PA?
New Canaan. Gladwyne has a few too many more-money-than-taste arrivistes and celebs than I care to live among. (Fortunately, it does not define Lower Merion Township, of which it is a part, as a whole.)

Mission Hills, Kan., or Farmers Branch, Texas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City