Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2020, 04:45 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,454,354 times

Advertisements

Chattanooga cuz its in TN

Farmington, New Mexico or Trinidad,CO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2020, 04:57 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,494,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Chattanooga cuz its in TN

Farmington, New Mexico or Trinidad,CO?
Trinidad, CO.

Grand Rapids, MI or Norfolk, VA?

Old 01-24-2020, 06:37 PM

6,440 posts, read 5,095,807 times
Norfolk. I lived in DC briefly, but I wish I'd gotten a chance to explore more of that part of the country. It's also part of a bigger metro area than GR.

Klamath Falls, OR or Kalispell, MT?

Old 01-24-2020, 07:16 PM

3,651 posts, read 4,527,386 times
Both of those towns are sort of in the middle of nowhere, but I think I like Oregon more than Montana. Klamath Falls is my choice.

Raleigh, North Carolina or Orlando, Florida?

Old 01-24-2020, 09:28 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Both of those towns are sort of in the middle of nowhere, but I think I like Oregon more than Montana. Klamath Falls is my choice.

Raleigh, North Carolina or Orlando, Florida?
Orlando. I love both cities. Lived in Orlando for a year and have relatives in Raleigh. The recreational assets are so plentiful in Orlando compared to Raleigh, I would have to pick them.

Rochester, NY or Dayton, OH?

Old 01-24-2020, 10:13 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,470,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Orlando. I love both cities. Lived in Orlando for a year and have relatives in Raleigh. The recreational assets are so plentiful in Orlando compared to Raleigh, I would have to pick them.

Rochester, NY or Dayton, OH?
Rochester. I grew up near Rochester and went to school near Dayton. I always found Rochester to be a prettier city with better institutions such as U of R and RIT. Rochester has a much better location with access to some of the best lakes in the USA, mountains, other Upstate NY cities, Toronto and NYC.

Alexandria, VA or Brookline, MA?

Old 01-24-2020, 11:12 PM

35 posts, read 23,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Rochester. I grew up near Rochester and went to school near Dayton. I always found Rochester to be a prettier city with better institutions such as U of R and RIT. Rochester has a much better location with access to some of the best lakes in the USA, mountains, other Upstate NY cities, Toronto and NYC.

Alexandria, VA or Brookline, MA?

Both have charm and both have a high col, but I'll go with Alexandria for its proximity to DC. I prefer the scene there as opposed to Boston, plus its proximity to Maryland is cute since I've always considered it to be one of the most underrated states.

Princeton, NJ or Ithaca, NY

Old 01-25-2020, 07:30 AM

14,343 posts, read 9,225,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasRight View Post
Both have charm and both have a high col, but I'll go with Alexandria for its proximity to DC. I prefer the scene there as opposed to Boston, plus its proximity to Maryland is cute since I've always considered it to be one of the most underrated states.

Princeton, NJ or Ithaca, NY
Ithaca. I find Princeton tolerable in controlled doses, but it's so charming it risks choking on its own preciousness. Besides, there are no Finger Lakes or gorges in Central New Jersey.

Somerville, Mass., or Upper Darby, Pa.?

Old 01-25-2020, 07:59 AM

24,575 posts, read 18,417,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Somerville, Mass., or Upper Darby, Pa.?
Now? Somerville wins easily. 30 years ago, it was Slumerville. The green line extension will complete the metamorphosis. Assembly Square at the orange line is already unrecognizable. Somerville and Arlington have off the charts gentrification. Boston has hit highway saturation. People will pay an enormous premium to be able to subway commute with the T.

Hatteras or Hilton Head?

Last edited by GeoffD; 01-25-2020 at 08:08 AM..

Old 01-25-2020, 09:05 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,906,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Now? Somerville wins easily. 30 years ago, it was Slumerville. The green line extension will complete the metamorphosis. Assembly Square at the orange line is already unrecognizable. Somerville and Arlington have off the charts gentrification. Boston has hit highway saturation. People will pay an enormous premium to be able to subway commute with the T.

Hatteras or Hilton Head?
Hilton Head... larger, more amenities, and much more accessible. Proximity to Savannah is nice too.

Caribou, ME or Houghton, MI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City