Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you see having the biggest future in the entertainment industry?
New York City 8 7.34%
LA 49 44.95%
Boston 2 1.83%
Atlanta 37 33.94%
Washington, D.C. 0 0%
Other 13 11.93%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 12:59 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,378,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
It's LA by a mile here, then NYC (stop. Go another mile) and then everywhere else. There should be demerits for voting ATL in this poll, or at least some sort of reeducation camp. Some kind of real world penalty.
Are you serious? Have you been to Atlanta lately? Have you even been? Don't assume things just because you think it might be right.

Get out from under you cheese plate, your arteries are clogged with irrational thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 01:14 PM

37,904 posts, read 42,090,243 times
Quote:
It's LA by a mile here, then NYC (stop. Go another mile) and then everywhere else. There should be demerits for voting ATL in this poll, or at least some sort of reeducation camp. Some kind of real world penalty.
I voted Atlanta because I view "biggest future" in terms of growth potential. LA and NYC are full-grown, mature entertainment hubs that will continue to grab the lion's share here and no other city will top them. Atlanta I see as an adolescent experiencing a big growth spurt, and although it will never be a LA or NYC it will gain lots of ground--thus, it got my vote.

You may petition the moderators to take away half my rep points if it'll make you feel better though.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:08 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,541,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I voted Atlanta because I view "biggest future" in terms of growth potential. LA and NYC are full-grown, mature entertainment hubs that will continue to grab the lion's share here and no other city will top them. Atlanta I see as an adolescent experiencing a big growth spurt, and although it will never be a LA or NYC it will gain lots of ground--thus, it got my vote.

You may petition the moderators to take away half my rep points if it'll make you feel better though.
"Having the biggest future" means....having the biggest future. The answer is LA. Not Atlanta. What scenario, outside "the big one" along the fault or some other natural cataclysm, gives ATL "the biggest future in the entertainment industry?" The OP says exactly nothing about "biggest gains."

Old 09-09-2015, 02:12 PM

37,904 posts, read 42,090,243 times
Quote:
"Having the biggest future" means....having the biggest future. The answer is LA. Not Atlanta. What scenario, outside "the big one" along the fault or some other natural cataclysm, gives ATL "the biggest future in the entertainment industry?" The OP says exactly nothing about "biggest gains."
I happen to think "having the biggest future" is open to some interpretation, as the OP never truly clarified what that means. You're free to disagree with those who interpret it differently than you, but the criteria isn't exactly cut and dried. He did mention dispersion beyond the traditional strongholds of the industry, which does favor Atlanta.

Last edited by Mutiny77; 09-09-2015 at 02:29 PM..

Old 09-09-2015, 03:16 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,442,633 times
Not really.Don't count on tax credits. Infrastructure means nothing if nobody comes.

Like I said, if California ever evened out the costs, it would be trouble for all these places.

Just like Atlanta, it's in hands of polticians.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:17 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,486,115 times
I heard New Orleans and Atlanta have a lot of Hollywood big budget productions shot in the area and same with Austin TX.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:26 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,442,633 times
Again. Tax credits. Doesn't mean alot. And Hollywood wanted to pull out of new Orleans once thru thought tax credits ended.

Unstable.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:31 PM

539 posts, read 524,792 times
It's LA then NYC then Atlanta way far behind. LA and NYC can both take claims at being the best at certain segments of entertainment, no others really can (outside of techie stuff)

Old 09-09-2015, 08:44 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,410,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1523 View Post
It's LA then NYC then Atlanta way far behind. LA and NYC can both take claims at being the best at certain segments of entertainment, no others really can (outside of techie stuff)
A bit off topic, Pittsburgh would be a great city to see more in movies.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:45 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,591,395 times
i voted for boston ironically. how about miami or las vegas ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City