Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Thanksgiving vacation
Atlanta 28 40.00%
Philly 42 60.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 03:55 PM

7,529 posts, read 10,268,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
I'm planning on having a staycation in Atlanta, so...Atlanta, I guess?

- skbl17
Well . . . go ahead and stay put in ATL. But you don't know what you're missing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 08:04 AM

7,056 posts, read 19,321,291 times
For Thanksgiving, I'd enjoy walking the narrow streets of Old City and Society Hill with a warm apple cider in hand, getting fresh pumpkin pies from the Amish at Reading Terminal Market, seeing the parade or taking in a show on Broad Street, and seeing the Xmas show at Wannamakers (haven't seen that since I was a kid). Maybe I should go down to Philly for thanksgiving this year.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:41 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,043,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!

Lol, last time, promise. Obviously, I'm backing Philadelphia over Atlanta, but not just for the football game. As others have pointed out, there's the Thanksgiving Day Parade and just more touristy stuff to do, in general. But at the end of the day, this is a personal choice for you to make.
Falcons 26, Eagles 24

Old 09-26-2015, 02:30 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,977,109 times
Which city will you vacation to for Thanksgiving Philadelphia or Atlanta?

Unfortunately neither of the thread choices this year. Seattle. Why? Because that is where my San Francisco Bay Area cousins told me to meet them this year. Their plans are to see Seattle-Victoria-Vancouver. However if I lived in the United States and the option of which city I would rather go to in Thanksgiving between Atlanta and Philadelphia, I would go with Atlanta. My interests and climate preferences for Thanksgiving are more aligned with Atlanta than they are with Philadelphia, by a good bit.

Oh and the Georgia Aquarium and Atlanta's Zoo, both of which I saw in the last 2 months before moving from the United States are awesome. I actually want to see them again at some point if I ever happen to be in that area.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:36 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,043,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
Which city will you vacation to for Thanksgiving Philadelphia or Atlanta?

Unfortunately neither of the thread choices this year. Seattle. Why? Because that is where my San Francisco Bay Area cousins told me to meet them this year. However if I lived in the United States and the option of which city I would rather go to in Thanksgiving between Atlanta and Philadelphia and which one I would rather go to, I would go with Atlanta. My interests and climate preferences for Thanksgiving are more aligned with Atlanta than they are with Philadelphia, by a good bit.

Oh and the Georgia Aquarium and Atlanta's Zoo, both of which I saw in the last 2 months before moving from the United States are awesome. I actually want to see them again at some point.
November weather in Atlanta is beautiful...the autumn leaves are even usually still on the trees.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:34 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,474,710 times
Both are places I'd love to visit. Both are great that time of year. The foliage in Philadelphia is probably a bit past peak though, and only reaching past peak in Atlanta. The weather is fall like in both places, though Philly is more likely to see snowflakes (though not that much likely) and snow on Thanksgiving is like a magical precursor to the Christmas season which follows. Philadelphia does have a lot more touristy places to see, though. Lots of history. I'd pick Philadelphia but would not mind Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City