Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
San Jose 20 15.75%
Seattle 107 84.25%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 11:41 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,923,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Oh come on topper. I get that you are a SJ booster, and yes SJ has its strong points in some regards, but when you make comments like this it's as if you are living in a parallel universe.
I live downtown! It's an exciting place. Actually, it's amazing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 11:47 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,851,017 times
I walked around Wall Street at night and it was crickets! Downtown New York is like a mausoleum at night! SJ all the way kids!

Do you do this to lose votes by the hugest margins possible?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:48 PM

What Seattle has going for it: 67 cranes of all types in and around downtown with more coming soon. Most of the high rises are built just north of downtown by Denny Triangle area(reminds me of Reginal Denny who was struck by a brick during L.A riot) with some being built in downtown core like several second st. high rise towers with hotel attached to it and 2 office towers like Mark and Madison. Oh, a new convention hotel underway there. So Seattle has some good points, too. It's just not as good as San Jose with it being: most productive city, richest city, best performing city, second greenest city and most tech savvy city.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:56 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,868,249 times
Really, your arguments are very poor. Second greenest? From what source are you getting that? best performing? Again, what do you mean, and by what standard? Most productive? Again, a source would be nice.

If you are 13, then I will cut you some slack, otherwise, you are completely out of your mind. But it does provide some entertainment here on C-D.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:58 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,204,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
What Seattle has going for it: 67 cranes of all types in and around downtown with more coming soon. Most of the high rises are built just north of downtown by Denny Triangle area(reminds me of Reginal Denny who was struck by a brick during L.A riot) with some being built in downtown core like several second st. high rise towers with hotel attached to it and 2 office towers like Mark and Madison. Oh, a new convention hotel underway there. So Seattle has some good points, too. It's just not as good as San Jose with it being: most productive city, richest city, best performing city, second greenest city and most tech savvy city.
Then why is Santa Clara County losing domestic population? In 2016 it was -3,658. You have to acknowledge the problems of the Bay Area in this regard. A lot of people, especially in the tech industry, are moving from the Bay Area to Seattle and other tech hubs because of the insane housing costs.

Seattle is seeing robust domestic and international growth which makes it a booming city. The same can no longer be said for San Jose. Seattle is way more development friendly, which makes a huge difference. Will it always be that way? Probably not. But for now, it's doing quite well.

Bay Area population growth slows, some counties losing people - SFGate

Old 06-01-2017, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Really, your arguments are very poor. Second greenest? From what source are you getting that? best performing? Again, what do you mean, and by what standard? Most productive? Again, a source would be nice.

If you are 13, then I will cut you some slack, otherwise, you are completely out of your mind. But it does provide some entertainment here on C-D.
Ok, 3rd greenest but second cleanest city and 3rd most fun city

Sources: Wallet Hub, Forbes.com, Census, Cranius, Reader's Digest and Brooking inst.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:03 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Then why is Santa Clara County losing domestic population?
Yawns...why do u think? Hello? Its expensive AF to live in Santa Clara County. King County is dirt cheap by comparison.

The Median Home Price, April 2017
Santa Clara County, CA $1.160 Million
King County, WA $625,000

Current Sales & Price Statistics
More records fall: Median home price hits $722,000 in Seattle and $880,000 on Eastside | The Seattle Times

Old 06-01-2017, 02:38 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
And the number 1 destination for people who leave the Bay Area is surrounding counties-by far. This is confirmed by census data.

The overwhelming supermajority of movers choose to move within 90 miles of their job and then commute hence this unique pattern:

The region is unique among all US metro agglomerations as far as very long distance commuters...(Mega Commuters)

Its really stupid that NIMBYs here force affordable housing seekers to seek attainable housing developments out in the Valley but whatever breadcrumbs Seattle( or anywhere else) gets pales in comparison to those who stay within NorCal.

Which is why I think a 12-14 million population CSA is inevitable. At present time there are already 12 million people living within 100 miles of the city of SF...already a mini megalopolis of sorts.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:42 AM

102 posts, read 123,899 times
This thread is hilarious, to read someone claiming Seattle isn't a 'real city' like SJ. It has to be some of the best trolling on the site. SJ is waaaaaay down the list of West Coast cities I would choose to spend time in. Last time I was there I was surprised at how vacant the downtown was, which is fine - not everywhere needs to be urban. Seattle, on the other hand, feels like a real city. Just own the fact that SJ is a suburban style city trying to revitalize their downtown - it's an admirable goal, and I'm sure it's improving every year, but Seattle is simply in another league.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:55 AM

3,733 posts, read 2,885,652 times
Never, would I choose San Jose over Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City