Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Southern Sunbelt City is seeing the most rapid Change/Transformation ?
CHARLOTTE 5 8.47%
NASHVILLE 18 30.51%
TAMPA 1 1.69%
MIAMI 9 15.25%
ATLANTA 13 22.03%
HOUSTON 2 3.39%
ORLANDO 3 5.08%
DALLAS 4 6.78%
Other 4 6.78%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 05:25 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Nashville is not in the Sunbelt. However, I would vote for Austin which is changing more rapidly in several categories.
Nashville is very sunbeltish!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 06:16 AM

2,426 posts, read 2,476,042 times
Yeah, Nashville is definitely a Sunbelt City.. An Upper South Sunbelt City but sunbelt never the less!

Old 02-19-2018, 10:22 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,676,743 times
I don't agree with the posters who are voting Austin. It's still maintaining its weirdness. It's definitely hipster central in Texas but even with all the newcomers, you still have a great unique mix of Texas and Hispanic culture. It's unlike anywhere you'll find on the east coast.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:44 AM

617 posts, read 551,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones17 View Post
I vote Atlanta. Tons of New Yorkers moving there. It seems more popular of a destination than even Raleigh. Raleigh seems to have more upstate people, while Atlanta has more NYCers.

LOL must explain the crazy drivers here.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
LOL must explain the crazy drivers here.

I know a lot of people say Atlanta Drivers are bad but I'm one to say I think Nashville drivers are worse and much more aggressive in my opinion. I live in Atlanta and used to think Atlanta was bad until I started traveling to Nashville on a regular bases. Even though Atlanta drivers are a bit aggressive they tend to go more at the pace of Traffic and a bit slower drivers than Nashville IMO. The ville seems to be even more Aggressive, and seem to be way more impatient and drive more like up north drivers to me. I'm sure a lot of that has to due with the Transplant population there.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:30 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
I know a lot of people say Atlanta Drivers are bad but I'm one to say I think Nashville drivers are worse and much more aggressive in my opinion. I live in Atlanta and used to think Atlanta was bad until I started traveling to Nashville on a regular bases. Even though Atlanta drivers are a bit aggressive they tend to go more at the pace of Traffic and a bit slower drivers than Nashville IMO. The ville seems to be even more Aggressive, and seem to be way more impatient and drive more like up north drivers to me. I'm sure a lot of that has to due with the Transplant population there.
Nashville has way too many wrecks. Much of that is due to a very bad freeway system. Too many splits within a short distance.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Nashville has way too many wrecks. Much of that is due to a very bad freeway system. Too many splits within a short distance.

Yes and Agreed!!

Old 02-19-2018, 11:47 AM

617 posts, read 551,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post

LOL... I guess we just have different observations?? I am in Nashville a bit too and yes their drivers are fast, but I never ever see the antics I see on Atlanta highways. When people just make their own lanes and drive down shoulders that aren't meant to be shoulder lanes shows the lengths drivers here go to show their aggressive and craziness. Cutting across 5 lanes of traffic with no turn signal in heavy traffic is downright dangerous and I have seen that quite a few times. Atlanta drivers are fast, aggressive and DISTRACTED . A recipe for disaster.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:57 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,116,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones17 View Post
I don't agree with the posters who are voting Austin. It's still maintaining its weirdness. It's definitely hipster central in Texas but even with all the newcomers, you still have a great unique mix of Texas and Hispanic culture. It's unlike anywhere you'll find on the east coast.
Hispanic culture is stronger in Dallas and Houston than Austin. Hipsters are found in every major city, although it's true that Austin wears it more. It's pretty much mainstream, so there's nothing particularly unique about it anymore. And "weirdness?" What can be more "weird" than the W Hotel in Downtown Austin? Sorry, there's nothing weird about Austin. It does well on several livability metrics, but livability and hipsters doesn't make it particularly "weird" or "unique." You also forgot to mention the endless sprawl from Waco to San Antonio.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
LOL... I guess we just have different observations?? I am in Nashville a bit too and yes their drivers are fast, but I never ever see the antics I see on Atlanta highways. When people just make their own lanes and drive down shoulders that aren't meant to be shoulder lanes shows the lengths drivers here go to show their aggressive and craziness. Cutting across 5 lanes of traffic with no turn signal in heavy traffic is downright dangerous and I have seen that quite a few times. Atlanta drivers are fast, aggressive and DISTRACTED . A recipe for disaster.
yes, yes, this is True Too!,,, I can't deny, LOL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City