Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 11:23 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,397,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier de Saint-George View Post
^^^Right, that's the good thing about Greenville, it's close to ATL, CLT, AVL, and CHS but you can go back and get some peace and quiet. Decent town but it is what it is.
It is more populated than asheville and Charleston.

The only people who would be going to ATL and CLt a lot would be big city fans, shoppers like u. There is nothing exciting about either.

ATL has one of the most unappealing downtown areas I've seen.

If a person thinks being 2-3 hours from a city is a pro, makes sense to go live in that city. If a person did that a lot, it would mean they haven't made any friends in Greenville

I don't see any reason to go asheville if living in Greenville unless going to Friday night drum circle or a political protest. Greenville has a better downtown and more stuff overall.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 05-26-2020 at 11:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 08:57 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,926,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
It is more populated than asheville and Charleston.

The only people who would be going to ATL and CLt a lot would be big city fans, shoppers like u. There is nothing exciting about either.

ATL has one of the most unappealing downtown areas I've seen.

If a person thinks being 2-3 hours from a city is a pro, makes sense to go live in that city. If a person did that a lot, it would mean they haven't made any friends in Greenville

I don't see any reason to go asheville if living in Greenville unless going to Friday night drum circle or a political protest. Greenville has a better downtown and more stuff overall.
It depends on what you mean by "a lot." My sister and her husband live in suburban Greenville and take trips to Atlanta, Gatlinburg, Charlotte, etc. a few times a year yet they have a great QOL where they currently live and even bought a house about two years ago. Their current location is quite ideal.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:58 AM

12,825 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Maybe the most conservative vs most liberal southern city?

Old 05-28-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post

Now CV will pipe up and remark that Knoxville feels gritty and he's right about that. But take whatever else he says with a grain of salt because in his eyes nowhere else can compete with Greenville SC.
Like clockwork.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:46 AM

Yes I talk about a city I live in while Gaylord makes passive aggressive posts bc I didn't validate his negativity about southern states which is rooted in his politics.

He pulled a Jussie Smollet hoax upthread.

He's been doing this for at least two years after I posted SC is considered a cool state by a lot of people

I have never said there are no other nice places to live. Creeksider gets annoyed if somebody likes Greenville better than a city he prefers

I say positive things about other cities all the time on here

Last edited by ClemVegas; 05-28-2020 at 10:02 AM..

Old 05-28-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Yes I talk about a city I live in while Gaylord makes passive aggressive posts bc I didn't validate his negativity about southern states.

He pulled a Jussie Smollet hoax upthread.

He's been doing this for at least two years.
What in the world are you talking about? With all the tragedy that's happening in this world, why would you bring up that name?

Old 05-28-2020, 10:05 AM

You said upthread that people say something racist to you when you go to bars in Greenville.

That's not believable and I also don't believe you've been to Greenville.

You clench up if I say something positive about it.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
You said upthread that people say something racist to you when you go to bars in Greenville.

That's not believable and I also don't believe you've been to Greenville.
Total distortion of the truth. I said they were welcoming. Actual quote:

IDK about gay bars, but Greenville is pretty welcoming. Every time I go into a bar, guy next to me would ask my ethnicity. I would tell them and inevitably he would say "I don't care what race you are, I like orentals as a whole. As long as you treat me nice, I'll treat you nice."

Old 05-28-2020, 10:12 AM

That's trying to depict ppl in Greenville as racist and dumb. You are insincere and no reason to believe you've been to Greenville.

You are trying to annoy me bc I didn't validate your opinions about SC which is we are racist

Your friend 80s kid said you had a playbook for me.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
That's trying to depict ppl in Greenville as racist and dumb. You are insincere and no reason to believe you've been to Greenville.

You are trying to annoy me bc I didn't validate your opinions about SC which is we are racist
How in the world did you make that assertion off of that quote? Come on man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City