Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2022, 06:40 PM

9,695 posts, read 9,441,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Detroit. Especially the Renaissance complex owned by GM! Tucson or Little Rock?
Little Rock despite Tucson looking larger. Little Rock has a modern look and I like the riverfront.

Rochester, NY or Tulsa, OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 09:11 AM

10,096 posts, read 14,501,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Little Rock despite Tucson looking larger. Little Rock has a modern look and I like the riverfront.

Rochester, NY or Tulsa, OK?
I'm going with Tulsa here. Taller towers and a few more overall than Rochester.

Boston or Dallas?

Old 11-20-2022, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I'm going with Tulsa here. Taller towers and a few more overall than Rochester.

Boston or Dallas?
Boston due to the waterfront and less interstates slicing up the view. Boston and Dallas have average skylines for their size, but atleast Boston makes up for it in density.

Richmond, VA or Tampa, FL?

Old 11-22-2022, 11:19 PM

3,911 posts, read 2,226,286 times
Quote:
Boston due to the waterfront and less interstates slicing up the view. Boston and Dallas have average skylines for their size, but atleast Boston makes up for it in density.

Richmond, VA or Tampa, FL?
Tampa for me and it's still adding towers. Peoria IL or Cedar Rapids IA?

Old 11-23-2022, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Tampa for me and it's still adding towers. Peoria IL or Cedar Rapids IA?
Close call. I will choose Peoria for its mix of archirecture and notes of art deco and gothic styles. The Illinois River is very beautiful.

Norfolk, VA or Sarasota, FL?

Old 11-24-2022, 11:29 AM

3,481 posts, read 3,400,447 times
Quote:
Close call. I will choose Peoria for its mix of archirecture and notes of art deco and gothic styles. The Illinois River is very beautiful.

Norfolk, VA or Sarasota, FL?
I'll go with Norfolk, as there are(thanks Wikipedia) 8 buildings taller than Sarasota's tallest building at 261 feet. And I like the design, of the Norfolk Scope Arena.

Norfolk, VA, or Jacksonville, FL?

Old 11-24-2022, 01:21 PM

1,810 posts, read 1,966,769 times
Jacksonville. Norfolk's is very underwhelming for a metro its size (several skylines in NoVa are better and/or more expansive), and although Jacksonville's is still a bit below weight, it still has the taller buildings plus the bridges in its core to make it stand out more. That I-95 bridge over the St. John's is especially breathtaking for tourists/snowbirds heading south as its the first real skyline you encounter since Richmond, giving the feeling to many that they're "almost there", which gives it bonus points. Jacksonville's is actually three skylines in one: Downtown, Brooklyn, and Southbank.

Crystal City, Arlington, VA or Boston's Seaport area?

Old 11-24-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Jacksonville. Norfolk's is very underwhelming for a metro its size (several skylines in NoVa are better and/or more expansive), and although Jacksonville's is still a bit below weight, it still has the taller buildings plus the bridges in its core to make it stand out more. That I-95 bridge over the St. John's is especially breathtaking for tourists/snowbirds heading south as its the first real skyline you encounter since Richmond, giving the feeling to many that they're "almost there", which gives it bonus points. Jacksonville's is actually three skylines in one: Downtown, Brooklyn, and Southbank.

Crystal City, Arlington, VA or Boston's Seaport area?
Those bridges are absolutely stunning! They make the views of the city feel big. I often imagine how neat Jax would look with Miami's level of construction.

Crystal City is certainly impressive from a density perspective. However, Boston's Seaport looks fresher and taller. Boston wins.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL or Omaha, NE?

Old 11-25-2022, 05:49 PM

3,911 posts, read 2,226,286 times
Quote:
Those bridges are absolutely stunning! They make the views of the city feel big. I often imagine how neat Jax would look with Miami's level of construction.

Crystal City is certainly impressive from a density perspective. However, Boston's Seaport looks fresher and taller. Boston wins.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL or Omaha, NE?
I like both but give the edge to Ft. Lauderdale due to the fact that it's still adding buildings and seems more uniform in height. Lubbock Tx or Shreveport La?

Old 11-27-2022, 08:08 AM

10,096 posts, read 14,501,662 times
Quote:
I like both but give the edge to Ft. Lauderdale due to the fact that it's still adding buildings and seems more uniform in height. Lubbock Tx or Shreveport La?
Shreveport's is a bit better.

Queens, NYC or Minneapolis, MN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City