Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2022, 11:01 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Boise. It's Hard to focus on Anchorage's skyline with those Big Beautiful Snowcapped Mountains looming in the background But to focus solely on skylines. Boise has several advantages. Taller Denser But more importantly Construction Crane's. Meaning Boise is adding New towers Anchorage is not, at the moment. Plus the State Capitol building icing on the cake

Jackson Mississippi or Greenville South Carolina
Greenville due to having more infill and looking vibrant.

San Antonio, TX or Richmond, VA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2022, 07:21 AM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Greenville due to having more infill and looking vibrant.

San Antonio, TX or Richmond, VA?
I like San Antonio a bit better, but not by much. They are very close.

Richmond, VA or Hartford, CT?

Old 08-26-2022, 07:53 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I like San Antonio a bit better, but not by much. They are very close.

Richmond, VA or Hartford, CT?
To be honest, I think I slightly prefer Richmond for its skyline. And the rocks and trees within the James River, plus the tree/forest look along the James River, all add to the look of Richmond's skyline. Though Hartford's skyline isn't bad, either. I don't like the parking garages, that show up in some of the Hartford pics I found.

Greenville, SC, or Asheville, NC?

Old 08-27-2022, 09:24 AM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
To be honest, I think I slightly prefer Richmond for its skyline. And the rocks and trees within the James River, plus the tree/forest look along the James River, all add to the look of Richmond's skyline. Though Hartford's skyline isn't bad, either. I don't like the parking garages, that show up in some of the Hartford pics I found.

Greenville, SC, or Asheville, NC?
Greenville looks like it's more dense and has taller buildings. Springfield MA or Shreveport LA?

Old 08-27-2022, 12:12 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,889,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Greenville looks like it's more dense and has taller buildings. Springfield MA or Shreveport LA?
Shreveport. Because I like that One Building that looks like Two. Let me google it. (Shreveport Regions Tower)

Honolulu Hawaii or Atlanta Georgia

Old 08-27-2022, 12:45 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Shreveport. Because I like that One Building that looks like Two. Let me google it. (Shreveport Regions Tower)

Honolulu Hawaii or Atlanta Georgia
The water and hills aside, I'll go with Atlanta. It has a lot more taller buildings, and the ones in Honolulu don't stand out as much.

Cities with a skyline with a waterfall within it: Spokane, WA, or Rochester, NY?

Old 08-27-2022, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
The water and hills aside, I'll go with Atlanta. It has a lot more taller buildings, and the ones in Honolulu don't stand out as much.

Cities with a skyline with a waterfall within it: Spokane, WA, or Rochester, NY?
Spokane appears to be larger, however, the arrangement of buildings is more impressive as well as the architecture.

Minneapolis, MN or San Diego, CA?

Old 08-28-2022, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Spokane appears to be larger, however, the arrangement of buildings is more impressive as well as the architecture.

Minneapolis, MN or San Diego, CA?
Hmm, this is a tougher one for me. But I think I'll go with Minneapolis, barely. Minneapolis has a taller, more compact skyline that is growing decently well. San Diego has a lower-rising, but super dense skyline with a lot of buildings over 300 feet. It's a favorite of mine, but Minneapolis barely edges it here for me.

Minneapolis or Denver?

Old 08-28-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Hmm, this is a tougher one for me. But I think I'll go with Minneapolis, barely. Minneapolis has a taller, more compact skyline that is growing decently well. San Diego has a lower-rising, but super dense skyline with a lot of buildings over 300 feet. It's a favorite of mine, but Minneapolis barely edges it here for me.

Minneapolis or Denver?
Another close call. Denver appears to be larger, but Minneapolis looks denser with better architecture, so Minneapolis wins.

Minneapolis or Pittsburgh?

Old 08-28-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Another close call. Denver appears to be larger, but Minneapolis looks denser with better architecture, so Minneapolis wins.

Minneapolis or Pittsburgh?
Tough one! Two of my top 10 US skylines. Aesthetically, Pittsburgh is better. But Minneapolis has more towers, and is overall a bit taller.

I like Pittsburgh's better though--the layout, height, density and architecture is incredible with their skyline. Pittsburgh wins for me.

Pittsburgh vs Austin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City