Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2022, 09:22 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,378,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Peoria Il. Better mix of new and old and has more variation. Evansville looks a bit boxy and clunky.

Fort Wayne IN or Shreveport LA
Fort Wayne. It looks taller and more modern. I hope the city gets some more towers.

Rochester, NY or Birmingham, AL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 07:58 AM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Fort Wayne. It looks taller and more modern. I hope the city gets some more towers.

Rochester, NY or Birmingham, AL?
I prefer the Birmingham skyline over Rochester's. Both are nice, and both need more skyscrapers overall. But Birmingham's rolling hills are so gorgeous.

Birmingham vs Raleigh?

Old 06-29-2022, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I prefer the Birmingham skyline over Rochester's. Both are nice, and both need more skyscrapers overall. But Birmingham's rolling hills are so gorgeous.

Birmingham vs Raleigh?
Birmingham. The skyline is denser and more impressive. Raleigh will get there, and probably exceed Birmingham's over time.

Chattanooga, TN or Trenton, NJ?

Old 06-30-2022, 10:27 AM

3,883 posts, read 2,193,527 times
Quote:
Birmingham. The skyline is denser and more impressive. Raleigh will get there, and probably exceed Birmingham's over time.

Chattanooga, TN or Trenton, NJ?
Chattanooga. The background scenery makes it look better in my opinion. Louisville KY or Portland OR?

Old 06-30-2022, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Chattanooga. The background scenery makes it look better in my opinion. Louisville KY or Portland OR?
Portland by far, for me. Portland's skyline is much more dense, and there are more skyscrapers under construction--density and height will continue. And the beautiful mountain backdrop adds an incredible touch.

Louisville has a couple of very nice looking towers. But their building has stagnated and I don't think anything is under construction now or planned, very much.

Portland vs Phoenix?

Old 06-30-2022, 11:22 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Portland by far, for me. Portland's skyline is much more dense, and there are more skyscrapers under construction--density and height will continue. And the beautiful mountain backdrop adds an incredible touch.

Louisville has a couple of very nice looking towers. But their building has stagnated and I don't think anything is under construction now or planned, very much.

Portland vs Phoenix?
Portland, for me. Phoenix's skyline is alright, but to me I wish it had more infill buildings in it's downtown.

Speaking of downtowns where people in skyscraper look comparisons, sometimes wish a few more buildings had been built: Denver, or Phoenix?

Old 06-30-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Portland, for me. Phoenix's skyline is alright, but to me I wish it had more infill buildings in it's downtown.

Speaking of downtowns where people in skyscraper look comparisons, sometimes wish a few more buildings had been built: Denver, or Phoenix?
Denver easily. Denver will build more, it has been focusing on infill more recently.

Nashville, TN or Las Vegas, NV?

Old 06-30-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Denver easily. Denver will build more, it has been focusing on infill more recently.

Nashville, TN or Las Vegas, NV?
Nashville is catching up fast, and will surpass Vegas in total skyscraper count, by the late 2020s or early 2030s. Nashville has a core density of skyscrapers that is building up and out fast, as well as building their midtown up and out fast, as well.

Vegas has some tall, great skyscrapers on its strip, but density is few and far between, and there is a sporadic layout of buildings. The downtown in Las Vegas is tiny, and although it will grow, it is underwhelming to say the least.

Nashville beats Vegas.

San Diego vs Honolulu?

Old 06-30-2022, 09:44 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,889,291 times
Quote:
Nashville is catching up fast, and will surpass Vegas in total skyscraper count, by the late 2020s or early 2030s. Nashville has a core density of skyscrapers that is building up and out fast, as well as building their midtown up and out fast, as well.

Vegas has some tall, great skyscrapers on its strip, but density is few and far between, and there is a sporadic layout of buildings. The downtown in Las Vegas is tiny, and although it will grow, it is underwhelming to say the least.

Nashville beats Vegas.

San Diego vs Honolulu?

Honolulu, it's the Density for me. It's Giving Miami/Vancouver Vibes. San Diego is no slouch, And Actually San Diego's skyline is Prettier and Looks Newer and More Flashy than Honolulu, But Honolulu has More Density and Length and that trump's Beauty. San Diego is Building but it will take years/decades to match Honolulu's Length
In A Perfect World. The Perfect Skyline has Length, Density, and Width. The Holy Grail/ The Trifecta of skylines. Honolulu has the Trifecta. Ohh and I Didn't even mention Hawaii's Backdrop
Winner: Honolulu

Nashville vs Denver

Old 07-01-2022, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Honolulu, it's the Density for me. It's Giving Miami/Vancouver Vibes. San Diego is no slouch, And Actually San Diego's skyline is Prettier and Looks Newer and More Flashy than Honolulu, But Honolulu has More Density and Length and that trump's Beauty. San Diego is Building but it will take years/decades to match Honolulu's Length
In A Perfect World. The Perfect Skyline has Length, Density, and Width. The Holy Grail/ The Trifecta of skylines. Honolulu has the Trifecta. Ohh and I Didn't even mention Hawaii's Backdrop
Winner: Honolulu

Nashville vs Denver
Denver gets the edge here. Taller buildings, more density and much more established dense downtown. Nashville is catching up very fast though, and should have as many skyscrapers as Denver in about 5 years, if the construction keeps pace.

Denver vs Calgary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City