Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2021, 07:23 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,889,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll pick Cambridge. The density looks a little better here, and I like how it seems like there is a blend of old and new buildings in Cambridge. Fort Lee has some gaps in its skyline, and that it seems most(if not all) of the tall buildings are along the lines of residential/condo buildings that to me, don't stand out in their designs.

Newark, NJ, or Wilmington, DE?
Newark, looks more modern and complete

Birmingham or St Louis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 09:34 PM

10,060 posts, read 14,430,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Newark, looks more modern and complete

Birmingham or St Louis
St Louis, just because of the arch.

St Louis or Cleveland?

Old 07-13-2021, 10:43 AM

3,885 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
St Louis, just because of the arch.

St Louis or Cleveland?
Cleveland. Taller buildings. Savannah GA or Charleston WV?

Old 07-13-2021, 04:36 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,371,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Cleveland. Taller buildings. Savannah GA or Charleston WV?
Charleston. The taller buildings there, along with the mountains and the West Virginia state capitol dome, make me prefer that one over Savannah. Although Savannah's small skyline, isn't bad.

Providence, RI, or Newark, NJ?

Old 07-13-2021, 07:35 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Charleston. The taller buildings there, along with the mountains and the West Virginia state capitol dome, make me prefer that one over Savannah. Although Savannah's small skyline, isn't bad.

Providence, RI, or Newark, NJ?
Providence. It has a more historic village type look.

Atlanta, GA or Houston, TX?

Old 07-15-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Providence. It has a more historic village type look.

Atlanta, GA or Houston, TX?
This is very, VERY close! While I like Houston's skyline a lot, I slightly prefer the design of Atlanta's tallest buildings. So I'll go with Atlanta.

Now to comare the skylines of Texas' 2 biggest cities: Houston or Dallas?

Old 07-15-2021, 07:34 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,889,980 times
Quote:
This is very, VERY close! While I like Houston's skyline a lot, I slightly prefer the design of Atlanta's tallest buildings. So I'll go with Atlanta.

Now to comare the skylines of Texas' 2 biggest cities: Houston or Dallas?
Hmm Another tough one. Dallas I like how it lights up at night

Pittsburgh or Charlotte

Old 07-16-2021, 11:04 AM

3,885 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Hmm Another tough one. Dallas I like how it lights up at night

Pittsburgh or Charlotte
Tough choice but went with Pittsburgh. Looks more dense although Charlotte is still adding towers. Asheville NC or Roanoke VA?

Old 07-20-2021, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Tough choice but went with Pittsburgh. Looks more dense although Charlotte is still adding towers. Asheville NC or Roanoke VA?
Roanoke has a nice small skyline, but to be honest per all the pics I found, I prefer Asheville's skyline a little bit. It seems a little bit more dense, and I like the mix of old and new buildings. Though now that I think about Roanoke's skyline more, this gives me an idea for a future comparison for this thread. Which I won't bring up for below, but will when doing a future post after this. One final note about Roanoke, it's interesting I remember a star design somewhere in the mountains when driving through Roanoke years ago, that weirdly didn't show up in any of the Roanoke skyline pics I googled. Wonder why that is?

Knoxville, TN, or Chattanooga, TN?

Last edited by SonySegaTendo617; 07-20-2021 at 02:37 AM..

Old 07-20-2021, 06:29 AM

6,542 posts, read 12,040,501 times
Quote:
Roanoke has a nice small skyline, but to be honest per all the pics I found, I prefer Asheville's skyline a little bit. It seems a little bit more dense, and I like the mix of old and new buildings. Though now that I think about Roanoke's skyline more, this gives me an idea for a future comparison for this thread. Which I won't bring up for below, but will when doing a future post after this. One final note about Roanoke, it's interesting I remember a star design somewhere in the mountains when driving through Roanoke years ago, that weirdly didn't show up in any of the Roanoke skyline pics I googled. Wonder why that is?

Knoxville, TN, or Chattanooga, TN?
Knoxville has the Sunosphere but I like Chattanooga's more overall as the setting on the river and rolling bluffs compliments it. I especially like the view from I-24.

Augusta, GA or Macon, GA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City