Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2021, 05:52 PM

457 posts, read 349,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Richmond edges Providence. A bit more buildings and a bit more dense overall.

Jacksonville, FL or Birmingham, AL?
Jacksonville by quite a bit.

San Antonio or Columbus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 07:25 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landolakes90 View Post

San Antonio or Columbus?
San Antonio. Columbus lacks density and character.

Louisville, KY or Portland, OR?

Old 07-03-2021, 08:06 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landolakes90 View Post

San Antonio or Columbus?
Both are good, but I think I slightly prefer Columbus' skyline. And to me, I like how the river adds to Columbus' skyline. For the most recent one, Louisville has a nice skyline for a smaller city, but to me Portland's skyline feels more complete. And I like how the mountains, add to Portland's skyline. I wish Louisville's skyline was slightly more dense, but for a small city it isn't bad.

Saskatoon, SK, or Saint Paul, MN?

Old 07-03-2021, 08:53 PM

153 posts, read 110,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Both are good, but I think I slightly prefer Columbus' skyline. And to me, I like how the river adds to Columbus' skyline. For the most recent one, Louisville has a nice skyline for a smaller city, but to me Portland's skyline feels more complete. And I like how the mountains, add to Portland's skyline. I wish Louisville's skyline was slightly more dense, but for a small city it isn't bad.

Saskatoon, SK, or Saint Paul, MN?
Definitely Saint Paul, it is more compact, has less gaps and nicer buildings. Saskatoon's skyline is too spread out and oddly shaped, and not a lot of nice high rises, in my opinion. Though, the Bessborough beats anything I can see in Saint Paul.

Grand Rapids or Toledo, OH?

Old 07-05-2021, 04:43 PM

858 posts, read 694,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigorunner View Post
Grand Rapids or Toledo, OH?
Grand Rapids. More modernized

Tysons VA or Stamford CT?

Old 07-07-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey the Otter View Post
Grand Rapids. More modernized

Tysons VA or Stamford CT?
I'll go with Stamford, since it does have a blend of older and new buildings. Plus has a waterfront, and the combination of all 3 factors makes me prefer Stamford. I do like how modern the Tyson skyline looks like, and maybe this will be one to watch in future years?

Speaking of skylines outside of a main city skyline: Evanston, IL, or Clayton, MO?

Old 07-07-2021, 10:59 AM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll go with Stamford, since it does have a blend of older and new buildings. Plus has a waterfront, and the combination of all 3 factors makes me prefer Stamford. I do like how modern the Tyson skyline looks like, and maybe this will be one to watch in future years?

Speaking of skylines outside of a main city skyline: Evanston, IL, or Clayton, MO?
Clayton. Looks taller. Beaumont TX or Amarillo TX?

Old 07-09-2021, 06:21 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,889,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Clayton. Looks taller. Beaumont TX or Amarillo TX?
Amarillo, More Height Looks more Complete

Clayton Missouri or Huntsville Alabama

Old 07-09-2021, 06:52 AM

1,801 posts, read 1,950,065 times
Clayton, with density being main the X-factor. If anything, its proximity to St. Louis compliments itself, and its visible from the Gateway Arch in the distance, forming the last node of a greater skyline that includes Downtown StL and the Central West End, with Forest Park providing a nice green lung between the CWE and Clayton. Huntsville's downtown is more isolated and what you'd expect from a city its size that's more auto-friendly with just scattered midrises and a couple "short highrises" mixed in with significant gaps.

Fort Lee, NJ vs. Cambridge, MA

Old 07-09-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Clayton, with density being main the X-factor. If anything, its proximity to St. Louis compliments itself, and its visible from the Gateway Arch in the distance, forming the last node of a greater skyline that includes Downtown StL and the Central West End, with Forest Park providing a nice green lung between the CWE and Clayton. Huntsville's downtown is more isolated and what you'd expect from a city its size that's more auto-friendly with just scattered midrises and a couple "short highrises" mixed in with significant gaps.

Fort Lee, NJ vs. Cambridge, MA
I'll pick Cambridge. The density looks a little better here, and I like how it seems like there is a blend of old and new buildings in Cambridge. Fort Lee has some gaps in its skyline, and that it seems most(if not all) of the tall buildings are along the lines of residential/condo buildings that to me, don't stand out in their designs.

Newark, NJ, or Wilmington, DE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City