Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2021, 09:32 AM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Atlanta, Very Modern and Pretty Buildings, Could Use more density though, Philly for Density but Atlanta overall

Calgary (which is becoming impressive) or Pittsburgh (tons of natural beauty)
Pittsburgh for me. Pittsburgh has more aesthetically pleasing architecture overall, and has a great natural setting for a downtown and for density overall.

Calgary is growing, but against Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh edges it for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 10:13 AM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I like Philly's density--it's much better than Atlanta's overall. Atlanta has the longer, impressive skyline, but Atlanta's downtown is sparse compared to Philly's center city.

Hartford, CT or Louisville, KY?
Louisville because of the Ohio river and nice collection of buildings. Nothing too gawdy or out of place.

Tacoma, WA or Ft. Worth, TX?

Old 06-14-2021, 07:13 AM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Louisville because of the Ohio river and nice collection of buildings. Nothing too gawdy or out of place.

Tacoma, WA or Ft. Worth, TX?
I'm gonna go with Ft Worth, TX here. While both Tacoma and Fort Worth are not super dense, Fort Worth has a few more towers and is taller.

Portland, OR or Salt Lake City, UT?

Old 06-14-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I'm gonna go with Ft Worth, TX here. While both Tacoma and Fort Worth are not super dense, Fort Worth has a few more towers and is taller.

Portland, OR or Salt Lake City, UT?
Salt Lake City. It has a more interesting skyline and new towers on the way. The setting is nice too.

Jersey City, NJ or Austin, TX?

Old 06-14-2021, 07:45 PM

56 posts, read 47,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Salt Lake City. It has a more interesting skyline and new towers on the way. The setting is nice too.

Jersey City, NJ or Austin, TX?
Austin it has more going on and doesn’t have a nyc over shadowing it lol

Charlotte NC or Cleveland OH ?

Old 06-14-2021, 07:55 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,888,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryfrmthe1 View Post
Austin it has more going on and doesn’t have a nyc over shadowing it lol

Charlotte NC or Cleveland OH ?
Charlotte, Just the Beauty of the Buildings, Cleveland has a Nice Classic skyline though

New Orleans or Philadelphia

Old 06-14-2021, 08:05 PM

422 posts, read 396,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Charlotte, Just the Beauty of the Buildings, Cleveland has a Nice Classic skyline though

New Orleans or Philadelphia
Philly all day. Much more attractive Downtown with a blend of old and brand spanking new architecture. New Orleans has a relatively small downtown in comparison.

Spokane, WA or El Paso, Tx?

Old 06-14-2021, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsaeed View Post
Philly all day. Much more attractive Downtown with a blend of old and brand spanking new architecture. New Orleans has a relatively small downtown in comparison.

Spokane is better. The angles of the skyline show a lot of density.

Baton Rouge, LA or Cedar Rapids, IA?

Old 06-14-2021, 10:10 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,366,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsaeed View Post

Spokane. It's a little more dense to me in its downtown, and has a mix of old and new buildings that I like. Also I like the tree cover, the older bridge over the Spokane River near its downtown(I think from Monroe Street?), and the Spokane River (and are those rapids or any small waterfalls along it? reminds me a little of the appearance of the James River through Richmond) which all put Spokane a little over the top here.

I like the mountains in the background of El Paso skyline pics, but to me again, the density, the Spokane River, and the Monroe Street Bridge all make me prefer Spokane.

Shreveport, LA, or Charleston, WV?

Old 06-15-2021, 12:12 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,191,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Spokane. It's a little more dense to me in its downtown, and has a mix of old and new buildings that I like. Also I like the tree cover, the older bridge over the Spokane River near its downtown(I think from Monroe Street?), and the Spokane River (and are those rapids or any small waterfalls along it? reminds me a little of the appearance of the James River through Richmond) which all put Spokane a little over the top here.

I like the mountains in the background of El Paso skyline pics, but to me again, the density, the Spokane River, and the Monroe Street Bridge all make me prefer Spokane.

Shreveport, LA, or Charleston, WV?
Neither but I'd pick Shreveport. Looks taller and more modern. Lincoln NE or Wichita KS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City