Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2021, 04:28 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Casper looks taller and more filled in. Peoria or Cheyenne?
Peoria is much taller, much more dense, much more of a "city." Cheyenne looks pretty small, compared.

Chattanooga, TN or Charleson, WV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 11:14 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Peoria is much taller, much more dense, much more of a "city." Cheyenne looks pretty small, compared.

Chattanooga, TN or Charleson, WV?
Chattanooga. It is more modern in a prettier setting.

Erie, PA or Pensacola, FL?

Old 08-12-2021, 12:44 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Chattanooga. It is more modern in a prettier setting.

Erie, PA or Pensacola, FL?
I'll go with Erie, since it looks a little more dense. Plus it's downtown ballpark and the presence of Presque Isle, also is nice. Pensacola does have some nice looking downtown buildings that are slightly reminiscent of the appearance of some 2 to 3 floor buildings in Mobile and New Orleans, but like I said it could use more density.

Salt Lake City, or Boise?

Old 08-12-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll go with Erie, since it looks a little more dense. Plus it's downtown ballpark and the presence of Presque Isle, also is nice. Pensacola does have some nice looking downtown buildings that are slightly reminiscent of the appearance of some 2 to 3 floor buildings in Mobile and New Orleans, but like I said it could use more density.

Salt Lake City, or Boise?
Salt Lake City due to having a larger skyline with modern buildings. Hard to beat the scenery as well.

Nashville, TN or San Jose, CA?

Old 08-12-2021, 09:44 AM

5,293 posts, read 6,056,775 times
Quote:
Salt Lake City due to having a larger skyline with modern buildings. Hard to beat the scenery as well.

Nashville, TN or San Jose, CA?
Talk about throwing a softball to Nashville on that one. San Jose is definitely a city better enjoyed at street level. I don't see how anyone would pick SJ over Nash.

Louisville v. Birmingham?

Old 08-12-2021, 03:02 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Talk about throwing a softball to Nashville on that one. San Jose is definitely a city better enjoyed at street level. I don't see how anyone would pick SJ over Nash.

Louisville v. Birmingham?
Louisville for me. Taller. Stockton CA or Huntsville AL?

Old 08-14-2021, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Louisville for me. Taller. Stockton CA or Huntsville AL?
Huntsville is prettier.

Seattle, WA or Miami, FL?

Old 08-15-2021, 01:34 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Huntsville is prettier.

Seattle, WA or Miami, FL?
Seattle. Love the location and scenery. Makes the skyline look even better in my opinion. Portland OR or Columbia SC?

Old 08-16-2021, 07:53 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Seattle. Love the location and scenery. Makes the skyline look even better in my opinion. Portland OR or Columbia SC?
Like the comment someone said above, this is a 'softball skyline' to compare to Portland. Columbia isn't bad for a smaller city, but it's nothing as good as Portland's skyline for sure. Columbia to me is more comparable to say like Birmingham, AL, or the one in Raleigh, NC.

Shreveport, LA, or Little Rock, AR?

Old 08-16-2021, 08:00 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Like the comment someone said above, this is a 'softball skyline' to compare to Portland. Columbia isn't bad for a smaller city, but it's nothing as good as Portland's skyline for sure. Columbia to me is more comparable to say like Birmingham, AL, or the one in Raleigh, NC.

Shreveport, LA, or Little Rock, AR?
Little Rock has taller buildings and is more uniform overall.

Chicago, IL or Midtown Manhattan (only midtown)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City