Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2021, 01:12 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,422,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Louisville, easily.

Nashville or Charlotte?
Charlotte wins a lot easier now in 2021, just due to height and architectural beauty of its tallest tower.

With all the construction though going on in Nashville, it is a city to watch for a constantly changing skyline.

Tampa, FL or Columbus, OH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 02:36 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,367,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Charlotte wins a lot easier now in 2021, just due to height and architectural beauty of its tallest tower.

With all the construction though going on in Nashville, it is a city to watch for a constantly changing skyline.

Tampa, FL or Columbus, OH?
This one was way the heck harder to pick, than I thought. They both seem to have a similar number of buildings. Honestly though the blend of old and new buildings, and the park along the Scioto River, puts it barely over Tampa for me. Can't forget I like that one older art deco building in Columbus, as well. Though Tampa's skyline is no slouch, and I also really like theirs too. In both cities, I wish they had one or 2(or even 3?) more distinct buildings, that stood out among their skyline buildings.

Spokane, or Knoxville?

Old 09-19-2021, 11:06 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
This one was way the heck harder to pick, than I thought. They both seem to have a similar number of buildings. Honestly though the blend of old and new buildings, and the park along the Scioto River, puts it barely over Tampa for me. Can't forget I like that one older art deco building in Columbus, as well. Though Tampa's skyline is no slouch, and I also really like theirs too. In both cities, I wish they had one or 2(or even 3?) more distinct buildings, that stood out among their skyline buildings.

Spokane, or Knoxville?
Spokane is more impressive and I like the infill. Both cities have good character and settings.

Louisville, KY or Sacramento, CA?

Old 09-20-2021, 04:45 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,191,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Spokane is more impressive and I like the infill. Both cities have good character and settings.

Louisville, KY or Sacramento, CA?
Louisville looks bigger. Worcester MA or Manchester NH?

Old 09-20-2021, 05:16 PM

856 posts, read 693,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Louisville looks bigger. Worcester MA or Manchester NH?
Worcester. More density plus a great hill background. Also fewer industrial buildings in the way.

Buffalo vs Hartford?

Old 09-20-2021, 08:07 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,422,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey the Otter View Post
Worcester. More density plus a great hill background. Also fewer industrial buildings in the way.

Buffalo vs Hartford?
I like Buffalo's a bit better than Hartford. A slight edge to Buffalo, but close.

Oklahoma City vs Indianapolis. These 2 cities have one "tallest" skyscraper, that is much taller than the 2nd highest one.

Old 09-20-2021, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I like Buffalo's a bit better than Hartford. A slight edge to Buffalo, but close.

Oklahoma City vs Indianapolis. These 2 cities have one "tallest" skyscraper, that is much taller than the 2nd highest one.
They're both good skylines. But I'd say I slightly prefer Indy, since it has a little more tall buildings vs. OKC. And it seems like it has a little more density, as well from pics I've seen.

Miami, or Houston?

Old 09-22-2021, 06:23 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
They're both good skylines. But I'd say I slightly prefer Indy, since it has a little more tall buildings vs. OKC. And it seems like it has a little more density, as well from pics I've seen.

Miami, or Houston?
Miami has a cleaner more impressive skyline, but Houston is no slouch. I like the new proposals as well.

Lexington, KY or Tucson, AZ?

Old 09-22-2021, 08:29 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,735,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Miami has a cleaner more impressive skyline, but Houston is no slouch. I like the new proposals as well.

Lexington, KY or Tucson, AZ?
Tough. Street level Lexington blows it out. Skyline wise Tucson wins.

I am alsways interested in suburb comparisons.

Evanston, IL vs Ft. Lauderdale FL

A bit of a different suburban comparison, but sill effectively suburbs...

Old 09-22-2021, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Tough. Street level Lexington blows it out. Skyline wise Tucson wins.

I am alsways interested in suburb comparisons.

Evanston, IL vs Ft. Lauderdale FL

A bit of a different suburban comparison, but sill effectively suburbs...
This post will be worded slightly like the last comment. At street level, Evanston looks more attractive, as Ft. Lauderdale has more modern looking buildings that don't appeal to me as much. Skyline wise from the air, I'd say Fort Lauderdale has more highrises that stand out, so I'll pick that one. Plus it has a harbor and waterways, that add to the look of Ft. Lauderdale's skyline pics. Interesting to see this comparison, since I once picked Evanston vs. Clayton(Missouri, near St. Louis) for a past comparison. And I'm saying this as someone who's extremely familiar with Evanston(and've gone there countless times), but can't deny Fort Lauderdale's skyline stands out more.

Buffalo, NY, or Albany, NY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City