Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2021, 11:35 AM

3,881 posts, read 2,191,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Both are very nice skylines, and this one is close! That said(studied a bunch of drone videos of both skylines, where I came up with what I favored), I think Winnipeg's skyline is slightly more favorable to me, including the new buildings going up in Winnipeg plus the Canadian Museum for Human Rights building. That said, my VERY favorite building between these 2 cities, is the Buffalo City Hall building.

Lincoln, NE, or Lubbock, TX?
Lubbock seems to be a little more filled in. St. Louis or Kansas City?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2021, 12:07 PM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Lubbock seems to be a little more filled in. St. Louis or Kansas City?
Kansas City wins this match-up. St Louis has the arch, which is phenomenal. But all in all, St Louis is pretty underwelming for where it should be.

Kansas City has a pretty sweet, dense skyline. They just need a bit more height, imo.

St Louis vs San Antonio, TX?

Old 11-03-2021, 09:28 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Kansas City wins this match-up. St Louis has the arch, which is phenomenal. But all in all, St Louis is pretty underwelming for where it should be.

Kansas City has a pretty sweet, dense skyline. They just need a bit more height, imo.

St Louis vs San Antonio, TX?
San Antonio is more impressive. I also like the views better from the interstate. St. Louis is last place in its peer group for skylines.

Nashville, TN or San Jose, CA?

Old 11-04-2021, 01:59 PM

3,881 posts, read 2,191,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
San Antonio is more impressive. I also like the views better from the interstate. St. Louis is last place in its peer group for skylines.

Nashville, TN or San Jose, CA?
I like Nashville. More variety and taller. Omaha or Des Moines?

Old 11-04-2021, 04:52 PM

374 posts, read 256,752 times
Des Moines. Much more interesting and varied architecture and a much more interesting/nicer looking tallest skyscraper.

Tuscon, AZ or Peoria, IL?

Old 11-04-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith32 View Post
Des Moines. Much more interesting and varied architecture and a much more interesting/nicer looking tallest skyscraper.

Tuscon, AZ or Peoria, IL?
Peoria density is a little better, but Tucson's background of gourgeous mountains is much better. I'd give the edge to Tucson due to this.

Phoenix, AZ or Salt Lake City, UT?

Old 11-06-2021, 08:46 AM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Peoria density is a little better, but Tucson's background of gourgeous mountains is much better. I'd give the edge to Tucson due to this.

Phoenix, AZ or Salt Lake City, UT?
Salt Lake City due to the scenery and more impressive architecture.

Norfolk, VA or Knoxville, TN?

Old 11-06-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Salt Lake City due to the scenery and more impressive architecture.

Norfolk, VA or Knoxville, TN?
Knoxville's hilly setting and range of buildings -- and the sunsphere -- are definitely much more interesting than Norfolk's. Knoxville needs a good 4-6 additional buildings between 10-20 stories to increase density. Density is decent, but not great.

Norfolk has more skyscrapers in the 200-300 foot range, and a couple under construction.

Norfolk wins this match-up overall.

Richmond, VA or St Louis, MO?

Old 11-06-2021, 01:02 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,366,373 times
Quote:
Knoxville's hilly setting and range of buildings -- and the sunsphere -- are definitely much more interesting than Norfolk's. Knoxville needs a good 4-6 additional buildings between 10-20 stories to increase density. Density is decent, but not great.

Norfolk has more skyscrapers in the 200-300 foot range, and a couple under construction.

Norfolk wins this match-up overall.

Richmond, VA or St Louis, MO?
Richmond. For the record I do like Saint Louis' skyline, but StL needs a LOT more density and more notable taller buildings for me to like it more. That said, I do like the classic buildings in St. Louis' skyline. Honestly though, Richmond is a little better IMO. And also, I do like how you can see some rocks and waterfalls/rapids(or what appears to likely be that), along the

Indianapolis, or Omaha?

Old 11-06-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Richmond. For the record I do like Saint Louis' skyline, but StL needs a LOT more density and more notable taller buildings for me to like it more. That said, I do like the classic buildings in St. Louis' skyline. Honestly though, Richmond is a little better IMO. And also, I do like how you can see some rocks and waterfalls/rapids(or what appears to likely be that), along the

Indianapolis, or Omaha?
To comment on the St Louis point, St Louis should be competing against Pittsburgh/Portland/Minneapolis, but it pales in comparison.

The arch is stunning though, and makes the skyline unique. But without the arch, St Louis has a skyline similar to Des Moines or Birmingham. I'd argue Memphis and Louisville have better skylines.

Indianapolis beats Omaha pretty easily for me. Indy has about 13, 14 skyscrapers over 300 feet, while Omaha has under 5 total. Omaha needs a lot more density.

Indianapolis or Oklahoma City?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City