Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2021, 03:25 PM

3,906 posts, read 2,220,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Lansing wins due to greater density and better placement of buildings. Both are charming, though.

Madison, WI or Wilmington, DE?
They look similar TO ME, but going with Wilmington because it looks like there's more there. Raleigh NC or Richmond VA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2021, 05:03 PM

10,093 posts, read 14,491,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
They look similar TO ME, but going with Wilmington because it looks like there's more there. Raleigh NC or Richmond VA?
Richmond, VA definitely wins. More density and towers.

Raleigh will build more in the upcoming decade I think, but for now, Raleigh's skyline has just a handful of towers.

Milwaukee, WI or Cincinnati, OH?

Old 12-05-2021, 06:44 PM

9,692 posts, read 9,432,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Richmond, VA definitely wins. More density and towers.

Raleigh will build more in the upcoming decade I think, but for now, Raleigh's skyline has just a handful of towers.

Milwaukee, WI or Cincinnati, OH?
Although Milwaukee appears to be more spread out, Cincinnati wins due to having less gaps and better balance.

Sacramento, CA or Buffalo, NY?

Old 12-13-2021, 12:18 PM

3,906 posts, read 2,220,743 times
Quote:
Although Milwaukee appears to be more spread out, Cincinnati wins due to having less gaps and better balance.

Sacramento, CA or Buffalo, NY?
I prefer Sacramento but they both seem similar in size. Columbus OH or Indianapolis IN?

Old 12-13-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I prefer Sacramento but they both seem similar in size. Columbus OH or Indianapolis IN?
This one is good. I prefer Columbus's skyline because it looks newer and more complete. Indianapolis has potential with having more surface lots and rehabs.

Raleigh, NC or Ft. Worth, TX?

Old 12-13-2021, 02:26 PM

5,300 posts, read 6,083,490 times
Quote:
This one is good. I prefer Columbus's skyline because it looks newer and more complete. Indianapolis has potential with having more surface lots and rehabs.

Raleigh, NC or Ft. Worth, TX?
Wow good match up. I'm going to go with Raleigh on this one because I think it's got a little more architectural diversity compared to what I saw when I was in Ft. Worth.

St. Paul or Tampa?

Old 12-13-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Wow good match up. I'm going to go with Raleigh on this one because I think it's got a little more architectural diversity compared to what I saw when I was in Ft. Worth.

St. Paul or Tampa?
Tampa wins this match-up. Tampa has a decent amount of skyscrapers over 300 feet, like 15 or so, but still low for its metro population size. But it has a couple in planning/under construction, so things are getting better.

Jacksonville, FL or Birmingham, AL?

Old 12-13-2021, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Tampa wins this match-up. Tampa has a decent amount of skyscrapers over 300 feet, like 15 or so, but still low for its metro population size. But it has a couple in planning/under construction, so things are getting better.

Jacksonville, FL or Birmingham, AL?
Jacksonville has a prettier skyline, so I prefer Jacksonville. Birmingham has greater structure density, but is not as memorable.

Los Angeles, CA or Philadelphia, PA?

Old 12-14-2021, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Jacksonville has a prettier skyline, so I prefer Jacksonville. Birmingham has greater structure density, but is not as memorable.

Los Angeles, CA or Philadelphia, PA?
I'm going to go with LA for this match-up. The mountains and the backdrop are the difference makers for me here.

LA is also just starting to come into its own with skyscraper development, and should have a good 20 or so more in the next 5 years+. Philly is no slouch either, but overall LA's is more aesthetically pleasing.

Jersey City, NJ or Atlanta, GA?

Old 12-14-2021, 09:37 AM

5,300 posts, read 6,083,490 times
Quote:
I'm going to go with LA for this match-up. The mountains and the backdrop are the difference makers for me here.

LA is also just starting to come into its own with skyscraper development, and should have a good 20 or so more in the next 5 years+. Philly is no slouch either, but overall LA's is more aesthetically pleasing.

Jersey City, NJ or Atlanta, GA?
Atlanta for me. Jersey City is dense and fairly tall, but it's not as expansive or interesting as Atlanta's IMO.

Lexington KY or Knoxville TN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City