Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 05:26 PM

3,456 posts, read 3,382,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith32 View Post
I think I'm gonna go with Asheville here. Better looking natural scenery.

Northern Dallas (I-635/Dalls North Tollway) or Las Colinas District (Irving, TX)?
I'll go with Las Colinas. It looks a little more dense with those apartments, and I like how that area has a lake within that Jerry Jones(yep, owner of the Dallas Cowboys was behind this) development. Hopefully a few more distinctive buildings are built, around there, as I think this new development has potential to become even nicer. While there are a few nice buildings near I-635 and Metro North Tollway, I like the overall appearance of the Las Colinas buildings better. The apartments and the lake, put that one over the top.

And a few posts back to when jjbradley talked about Mobile, I agree that this city's skyline has potential to become better if like he/she said, something like 8-10 more buildings were built. I do like that lone tall tower in Mobile, but Mobile needs several more highrises besides that one.

Tulsa, OK, or Fort Worth, TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 05:30 PM

10,073 posts, read 14,458,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll go with Las Colinas. It looks a little more dense with those apartments, and I like how that area has a lake within that Jerry Jones(yep, owner of the Dallas Cowboys was behind this) development. Hopefully a few more distinctive buildings are built, around there, as I think this new development has potential to become even nicer. While there are a few nice buildings near I-635 and Metro North Tollway, I like the overall appearance of the Las Colinas buildings better. The apartments and the lake, put that one over the top.

And a few posts back to when jjbradley talked about Mobile, I agree that this city's skyline has potential to become better if like he/she said, something like 8-10 more buildings were built. I do like that lone tall tower in Mobile, but Mobile needs several more highrises besides that one.

Tulsa, OK, or Fort Worth, TX?
I like Tulsa's better. It has taller, sleeker buildings and edges Ft Worth, for me. Ft Worth will grow faster though, most likely in the future, and should pass Tulsa in the next couple of decades.

But for right now, Tulsa is better.

Des Moines, IA or Oklahoma City, OK?

Old 11-29-2021, 08:23 PM

9,686 posts, read 9,406,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I like Tulsa's better. It has taller, sleeker buildings and edges Ft Worth, for me. Ft Worth will grow faster though, most likely in the future, and should pass Tulsa in the next couple of decades.

But for right now, Tulsa is better.

Des Moines, IA or Oklahoma City, OK?
Des Moines is better due to being more balanced and having more attractively designed buildings.

Tulsa, OK or Buffalo, NY?

Old 11-30-2021, 09:45 PM

3,892 posts, read 2,205,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Des Moines is better due to being more balanced and having more attractively designed buildings.

Tulsa, OK or Buffalo, NY?
I went with Buffalo because it's more dense and less gaps. Calgary, Canada or Miami?

Old 12-01-2021, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I went with Buffalo because it's more dense and less gaps. Calgary, Canada or Miami?
Calgary due to beefier buildings and more variety.

Boise, ID or Norfolk, VA?

Old 12-01-2021, 11:24 PM

15 posts, read 10,026 times
boise

san francisco or Miami

Old 12-02-2021, 05:21 AM

3,456 posts, read 3,382,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylikestofly View Post
boise

san francisco or Miami
San Francisco, as I like the variety of designs if high rises there. Miami is nice, but too many of it's high rises look glassy, and have a similar look.

Billings, MT, or El Paso, TX?

Old 12-04-2021, 09:49 AM

10,073 posts, read 14,458,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
San Francisco, as I like the variety of designs if high rises there. Miami is nice, but too many of it's high rises look glassy, and have a similar look.

Billings, MT, or El Paso, TX?
El Paso all the way. Their mountain and desert background setting, along with the new tower they built the last couple of years looks good.

Milwaukee, WI or Louisville, KY?

Old 12-05-2021, 07:31 AM

5,299 posts, read 6,070,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
El Paso all the way. Their mountain and desert background setting, along with the new tower they built the last couple of years looks good.

Milwaukee, WI or Louisville, KY?
Two of my favorite cities. Love Louisville obviously I live here, but it just cant compete with the density and height of Milwaukee. Unfortunately for MKE if you google a skyline shot the most prominent view is from the lake shore which does little to capture it's true depth.

Here's a view of Milwaukee I took from the the west side of downtown which gives much better impression of it's actual Skyline. Even then this doesn't capture the whole thing.

Water front shots don't do a lot of cities justice. Same for Louisville. It looks more dense from the south than the typical riverfront shot taken from Indiana.

Next up Jackson MS, or Lansing MI

Old 12-05-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Two of my favorite cities. Love Louisville obviously I live here, but it just cant compete with the density and height of Milwaukee. Unfortunately for MKE if you google a skyline shot the most prominent view is from the lake shore which does little to capture it's true depth.

Here's a view of Milwaukee I took from the the west side of downtown which gives much better impression of it's actual Skyline. Even then this doesn't capture the whole thing.

Water front shots don't do a lot of cities justice. Same for Louisville. It looks more dense from the south than the typical riverfront shot taken from Indiana.

Next up Jackson MS, or Lansing MI
Lansing wins due to greater density and better placement of buildings. Both are charming, though.

Madison, WI or Wilmington, DE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City