Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2021, 02:15 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Easily Charlotte. Charlotte has one of the best skylines for me, in the country, at least right now. Good density, height and aesthetics.

St Louis is just underwhelming beyond the arch, and needs much more density and height, for its size and city legacy. It can't just rely on the arch.

Anchorage, AK or Wilmington, DE?
Wilmington due to density and prettier architecture. It is basically a Philadelphia edge city. Love it!

Cincinnati, OH or Tampa, FL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 11:19 AM

3,881 posts, read 2,191,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Wilmington due to density and prettier architecture. It is basically a Philadelphia edge city. Love it!

Cincinnati, OH or Tampa, FL?
A tough one but went with Cincinnati for now. Cincinnati is more filled in. Richmond VA or Memphis TN?

Old 11-14-2021, 11:52 AM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
A tough one but went with Cincinnati for now. Cincinnati is more filled in. Richmond VA or Memphis TN?
Richmond has more density and a bit more height. But Memphis has a lot of older, 6-15 story buildings or so downtown, and that pyramid skyline against the Mississippi looks a lot larger than it is.

I give the edge to Memphis here. Although Memphis needs a good 5-7 more skyscrapers in the 300 to 500 foot range to raise it to "amazing" level. There is a 20 story Hyatt hotel going up in the One Beale street development, which will make a decent impact on that part of the skyline.

Memphis or Hartford, CT?

Old 11-14-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Richmond has more density and a bit more height. But Memphis has a lot of older, 6-15 story buildings or so downtown, and that pyramid skyline against the Mississippi looks a lot larger than it is.

I give the edge to Memphis here. Although Memphis needs a good 5-7 more skyscrapers in the 300 to 500 foot range to raise it to "amazing" level. There is a 20 story Hyatt hotel going up in the One Beale street development, which will make a decent impact on that part of the skyline.

Memphis or Hartford, CT?
Another close call. I do appreciate Hartford's density, but Memphis wins with the pyramid and better architecture. I think Memphis will have more announcements soon. It is long overdue for new towers.

Memphis, TN vs Ft. Worth, TX?

Old 11-14-2021, 03:03 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,366,373 times
Quote:
Another close call. I do appreciate Hartford's density, but Memphis wins with the pyramid and better architecture. I think Memphis will have more announcements soon. It is long overdue for new towers.

Memphis, TN vs Ft. Worth, TX?
Tough call, but I guess I'll very narrowly go with Memphis. It has more of a historic core, vs. Fort Worth. That said, I VERY badly wish Memphis had more newer buildings in its skyline, a la Fort Worth. And I'd like to see Fort Worth get a little more dense, myself.

Oakland, CA, or Greensboro, NC?

Old 11-14-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Tough call, but I guess I'll very narrowly go with Memphis. It has more of a historic core, vs. Fort Worth. That said, I VERY badly wish Memphis had more newer buildings in its skyline, a la Fort Worth. And I'd like to see Fort Worth get a little more dense, myself.

Oakland, CA, or Greensboro, NC?
Going with Oakland here. I like its skyline--a bit under rated.

Anchorage, AK or Boise, ID?

Old 11-17-2021, 10:53 AM

3,881 posts, read 2,191,746 times
Quote:
Going with Oakland here. I like its skyline--a bit under rated.

Anchorage, AK or Boise, ID?
Anchorage. The mountains are a bonus. Jacksonville FL or Louisville KY?

Old 11-17-2021, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Anchorage. The mountains are a bonus. Jacksonville FL or Louisville KY?
Louisville's skyline is actually growing, so Louisville. The skyline also looks denser and more attractive.

Huntsville, AL or Sarasota, FL?

Old 11-17-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Louisville's skyline is actually growing, so Louisville. The skyline also looks denser and more attractive.

Huntsville, AL or Sarasota, FL?
Sarasota is better. I've been to both cities and Huntsville, while growing, feels and looks small-ish downtown.

Sarasota is more vibrant and has more potential I think for its skyline, in the future.

Now, 2 skylines I want to like, but for some reason they are both a bit underwhelming; Detroit, MI or Cleveland, OH?

Old 11-17-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Sarasota is better. I've been to both cities and Huntsville, while growing, feels and looks small-ish downtown.

Sarasota is more vibrant and has more potential I think for its skyline, in the future.

Now, 2 skylines I want to like, but for some reason they are both a bit underwhelming; Detroit, MI or Cleveland, OH?
Been to both. Detroit is more impressive. It has beautiful art deco buildings. I also like how much larger their skyline looks.

Detroit, MI or Portland, OR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City