Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2022, 12:07 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Sacramento due to better scenery and balance of its buildings. Lot X project looks good.

Nashville, TN or San Antonio, TX?
Definitely Nashville. Nashville has surged ahead in terms of its skyline in just 3 years, adding density and height. In 2017/18, going from roughly 20 completed over 300 feet to now 31+ and tons more under construction.

San Antonio's skyline could use a bit of work. They have a good base, but need several for increased density. Plus, their skyline is a bit aesthetically "messy" for me--with those huge antenna towers and the one observation tower of americas--not a fan personally.

Houston, TX or Denver, CO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2022, 05:11 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Definitely Nashville. Nashville has surged ahead in terms of its skyline in just 3 years, adding density and height. In 2017/18, going from roughly 20 completed over 300 feet to now 31+ and tons more under construction.

San Antonio's skyline could use a bit of work. They have a good base, but need several for increased density. Plus, their skyline is a bit aesthetically "messy" for me--with those huge antenna towers and the one observation tower of americas--not a fan personally.

Houston, TX or Denver, CO?
Houston ecks out a win, if you only look at just constructed buildings alone, and NOT mountains/rivers/parks/etc. After all besides its main skyline, it has a few other smaller skylines outside of downtown. Particularly the Texas Medical Center, and Midtown. I'll be honest even with the mountains you can see in the Denver photos, I just like Houston's skyline photos overall better. This one is underrated, IMO.

An all Alberta province showdown: Edmonton, or Calgary?

Last edited by SonySegaTendo617; 01-27-2022 at 06:27 PM..

Old 01-30-2022, 11:00 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Houston ecks out a win, if you only look at just constructed buildings alone, and NOT mountains/rivers/parks/etc. After all besides its main skyline, it has a few other smaller skylines outside of downtown. Particularly the Texas Medical Center, and Midtown. I'll be honest even with the mountains you can see in the Denver photos, I just like Houston's skyline photos overall better. This one is underrated, IMO.

An all Alberta province showdown: Edmonton, or Calgary?
I picked Edmonton although both look great! Edmonton looks a little bigger. Tacoma WA or Long Beach CA?

Old 01-31-2022, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I picked Edmonton although both look great! Edmonton looks a little bigger. Tacoma WA or Long Beach CA?
Long Beach for me. I like their skyline--understated for sure.

Phoenix or Oklahoma City?

Old 01-31-2022, 07:48 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,889,291 times
Quote:
Long Beach for me. I like their skyline--understated for sure.

Phoenix or Oklahoma City?
Phoenix is more Stunning and Dense
Take away Phoenix's Natural Evironment/Mountains and Oklahoma City's Devon Tower, the competition is a little more closer, But Still Phoenix, OKC's skyline is not dense at all

Oklahoma City or Memphis

Old 01-31-2022, 08:44 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,378,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Phoenix is more Stunning and Dense
Take away Phoenix's Natural Evironment/Mountains and Oklahoma City's Devon Tower, the competition is a little more closer, But Still Phoenix, OKC's skyline is not dense at all

Oklahoma City or Memphis
Oklahoma City. I like the Devon tower. Memphis does not and will not have anything compared to that. Oklahoma City is growing, so I expect a few more towers in the future.

Indianapolis, IN or Tampa, FL?

Old 02-01-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Oklahoma City. I like the Devon tower. Memphis does not and will not have anything compared to that. Oklahoma City is growing, so I expect a few more towers in the future.

Indianapolis, IN or Tampa, FL?
Definitely Tampa, for me. Tampa has some great projects on the horizon that will increase height and density.

Indianapolis has a great base and a really nice tallest tower, but Indianapolis needs a good 6-8 more skyscrapers between 300-500 feet to beef up density. This will put the total over 300 feet around 20, or so, which is where it should be for its city size and status.

Indianapolis or Kansas City?

Old 02-01-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Definitely Tampa, for me. Tampa has some great projects on the horizon that will increase height and density.

Indianapolis has a great base and a really nice tallest tower, but Indianapolis needs a good 6-8 more skyscrapers between 300-500 feet to beef up density. This will put the total over 300 feet around 20, or so, which is where it should be for its city size and status.

Indianapolis or Kansas City?
Kansas City is better. Better architecture and more balanced. Like Indianapolis, the city could use some new towers. Kansas City is quickly infilling, so we will see.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:41 PM

5,293 posts, read 6,055,643 times
Fort Wayne or Lexington KY?

Old 02-02-2022, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Kansas City is better. Better architecture and more balanced. Like Indianapolis, the city could use some new towers. Kansas City is quickly infilling, so we will see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Fort Wayne or Lexington KY?
Lexington for height and density.

Baton Rouge, LA or Greensboro, NC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City