Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2022, 10:44 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I have to give Orlando the win here, since it's more dense. And how its buildings look like by that lake(sorry I don't know the name of it), and same with the fountain within that same lake(not to forget that fountain glows in colors, at night), makes me prefer Orlando. I like the mountain backdrop for Reno, but this city needs 1) a LOT more buildings, and 2) a lot more density. And due to the lack of buildings and density, I can't give Reno the win here.

A new skyline battle that I don't think has ever been brought up here, before. Or at least if it ever once was brought up, I'm positive I've never in the past compared these 2 cities before in this thread: Bellingham, WA, or Juneau, AK?
Bellingham. Both have nice backdrops but I prefer Bellingham's cleaner architecture.

Jacksonville, FL or Salt Lake City, UT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2022, 07:30 AM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Bellingham. Both have nice backdrops but I prefer Bellingham's cleaner architecture.

Jacksonville, FL or Salt Lake City, UT?
I'm going with Salt Lake City. More dense and robust overall in terms of density--and building new towers.

Salt Lake City or Phoenix?

Old 03-25-2022, 05:31 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I'm going with Salt Lake City. More dense and robust overall in terms of density--and building new towers.

Salt Lake City or Phoenix?
Phoenix. I voted for it because the buildings are taller. Yellowknife NWT Canada or Colorado Springs CO?

Old 03-26-2022, 10:12 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Phoenix. I voted for it because the buildings are taller. Yellowknife NWT Canada or Colorado Springs CO?
I'm sorry but Yellowknife's skyline doesn't pop to me, the way the one does in Colorado Springs. I compared pictures of both places, and CS easily stood out of these 2 skylines. And also the mountain backdrop of that one, adds to my preference of the one in Colorado Springs. It also appears there is at least a little bit of new building construction there, where I'm not sure if as much is happening in Yellowknife.

Cheyenne, WY, or Boise, ID?

Old 03-26-2022, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'm sorry but Yellowknife's skyline doesn't pop to me, the way the one does in Colorado Springs. I compared pictures of both places, and CS easily stood out of these 2 skylines. And also the mountain backdrop of that one, adds to my preference of the one in Colorado Springs. It also appears there is at least a little bit of new building construction there, where I'm not sure if as much is happening in Yellowknife.

Cheyenne, WY, or Boise, ID?
Definitely Boise. Nice growing smaller skyline. Against the mountains is even prettier.

Knoxville, TN or Stamford, CT?

Old 03-26-2022, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Definitely Boise. Nice growing smaller skyline. Against the mountains is even prettier.

Knoxville, TN or Stamford, CT?
Stamford is nicer and more compact. I love New England architecture.

Cincinnati, OH or Oakland, CA?

Old 03-27-2022, 01:55 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Stamford is nicer and more compact. I love New England architecture.

Cincinnati, OH or Oakland, CA?
I went with Cincinnati. More buildings and density. El Paso or Little Rock?

Old 03-27-2022, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I went with Cincinnati. More buildings and density. El Paso or Little Rock?
Little Rock because it looks more modern and has potential. Little Rock needs a few 300-400s to standout more.

St. Petersburg, FL or Lexington, KY?

Old 03-27-2022, 07:11 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,281,879 times
Quote:
Little Rock because it looks more modern and has potential. Little Rock needs a few 300-400s to standout more.

St. Petersburg, FL or Lexington, KY?
St. Petersburg. You have to go pretty far out into the bay to really see the full skyline so a lot of pictures don’t do it justice. Ruskin has a good view from across the bay.

San Francisco or Vancouver, BC

Old 03-28-2022, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
St. Petersburg. You have to go pretty far out into the bay to really see the full skyline so a lot of pictures don’t do it justice. Ruskin has a good view from across the bay.

San Francisco or Vancouver, BC
San Francisco, by far, for me. San Francisco is iconic, and is only going taller and becoming more dense over time.

Vancouver has a phenomenal skyline as well, and their density is absolutely impressive. Exciting to watch this one too, but it is a notch below San Fran, in my opinion.

Vancouver, BC or Dallas, TX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City