Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2021, 05:40 PM

10,098 posts, read 14,507,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Both are underwhelming, Phoenix has the stronger skyline. It has more impressive buildings and unique setting.

Orlando, FL or Birmingham, AL?
I'd go with Birmingham. It has the more unique and prettier setting with rolling hills. Birmingham is very under-rated in terms of skylines. I like it.

Orlando needs a good 10 skyscrapers to "bulk up" density.

Birmingham, AL or Louisville, KY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 06:23 PM

466 posts, read 356,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I'd go with Birmingham. It has the more unique and prettier setting with rolling hills. Birmingham is very under-rated in terms of skylines. I like it.

Orlando needs a good 10 skyscrapers to "bulk up" density.

Birmingham, AL or Louisville, KY?
Louisville has a better and more balanced skyline than Birmingham IMO.

Memphis or Birmingham?

Old 10-26-2021, 06:52 PM

3,481 posts, read 3,403,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landolakes90 View Post
Louisville has a better and more balanced skyline than Birmingham IMO.

Memphis or Birmingham?
Both are good skylines, but I'd give the edge to Birmingham. It has more taller buildings overall, vs. Memphis. And I like the mountains, in the background.

Honolulu, HI, or Miami, FL?

Old 10-27-2021, 05:16 PM

3,916 posts, read 2,229,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Both are good skylines, but I'd give the edge to Birmingham. It has more taller buildings overall, vs. Memphis. And I like the mountains, in the background.

Honolulu, HI, or Miami, FL?
Miami. Taller and more variety. Honolulu has a big one but is so monotonous. Tampa FL or Jacksonville FL?

Old 10-27-2021, 05:35 PM

9,698 posts, read 9,446,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Miami. Taller and more variety. Honolulu has a big one but is so monotonous. Tampa FL or Jacksonville FL?
Tampa's skyline is better because it is growing . I like the layout and setting as well. Jacksonville has not developed and significant changes.

Seattle, WA or Philadelphia, PA?

Old 10-28-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Tampa's skyline is better because it is growing . I like the layout and setting as well. Jacksonville has not developed and significant changes.

Seattle, WA or Philadelphia, PA?
I'd go with Seattle. It's more dense overall, and seems larger.

Seattle needs to get one 1,000 footer, and it would be ideal.

Philly will keep building taller and taller though I think.

Oklahoma City, OK or Des Moines, IA?

Old 10-28-2021, 08:29 AM

374 posts, read 259,290 times
Quote:
I'd go with Seattle. It's more dense overall, and seems larger.

Seattle needs to get one 1,000 footer, and it would be ideal.

Philly will keep building taller and taller though I think.

Oklahoma City, OK or Des Moines, IA?

I like both and Des Moines is surprisingly nice in person, but being a local I gotta give OKC the edge here. Taller buildings, decent variety in architecture. Could look better at night but the Omni Hotel and the Skydance Bridge help make it pop a little more.

Denton, TX or Abilene, TX?

Old 10-29-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith32 View Post
I like both and Des Moines is surprisingly nice in person, but being a local I gotta give OKC the edge here. Taller buildings, decent variety in architecture. Could look better at night but the Omni Hotel and the Skydance Bridge help make it pop a little more.

Denton, TX or Abilene, TX?
Both are very close.

I had never even heard of Denton, TX (lol ooops) until this post. I looked it up and it edges Abilene.

Omaha, NE or Little Rock, AR?

Old 10-29-2021, 07:37 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,260,101 times
Quote:
Both are very close.

I had never even heard of Denton, TX (lol ooops) until this post. I looked it up and it edges Abilene.

Omaha, NE or Little Rock, AR?

I was really thinking Omaha should run away with this one, but upon further inspection it's not the 'gimmie' I thought it would be. They're really pretty similar, but Omaha has just a smidge more height, so Omaha gets the edge.

Buffalo, NY or Winnipeg, MB?

Old 10-31-2021, 11:47 PM

3,481 posts, read 3,403,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzador View Post
I was really thinking Omaha should run away with this one, but upon further inspection it's not the 'gimmie' I thought it would be. They're really pretty similar, but Omaha has just a smidge more height, so Omaha gets the edge.

Buffalo, NY or Winnipeg, MB?
Both are very nice skylines, and this one is close! That said(studied a bunch of drone videos of both skylines, where I came up with what I favored), I think Winnipeg's skyline is slightly more favorable to me, including the new buildings going up in Winnipeg plus the Canadian Museum for Human Rights building. That said, my VERY favorite building between these 2 cities, is the Buffalo City Hall building.

Lincoln, NE, or Lubbock, TX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City