Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2022, 07:21 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,889,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Asheville. The skyline is very picturesque and just the right size. I like all of the steeples and mountains in the backdrop.

Wilmington, DE or San Jose, CA?
Wilmington's Tallest Building is Taller than anything in San Jose, And that's Sad, San Jose's skyline is sad for it's size of 1 million. But thats because San Jose's Airport limits height Most buildings in Either Are Only around 200 feet, and this is actually a good comparison, But San Jose skyline looks More Modern, Mountain Backdrop and Has A Greater Capacity to Build new towers
Winner: San Jose

San Antonio vs Uptown Houston (Uptown Not Downtown)
*Uptown Houston features the Tallest Tower in the US outside a major CBD

Last edited by BlueRedTide; 06-23-2022 at 08:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2022, 08:21 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Wilmington's Tallest Building is Taller than anything in San Jose, And that's Sad, San Jose's skyline is sad for it's size of 1 million. But thats because San Jose's Airport limits height Most buildings in Either Are Only around 200 feet, and this is actually a good comparison, But San Jose skyline looks More Modern, Mountain Backdrop and Has A Greater Capacity to Build new towers
Winner: San Jose

San Antonio vs Uptown Houston (Uptown Not Downtown)
*Uptown Houston features the Tallest Tower in the US outside a major CBD
Uptown Houston. More buildings, more potential, taller. San Antonio's skyline is kinda "messy" in my opinion. Too many radio towers and the Tower of Americas is just ugh.

Milwaukee or Tampa?

Old 06-23-2022, 09:34 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,889,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Uptown Houston. More buildings, more potential, taller. San Antonio's skyline is kinda "messy" in my opinion. Too many radio towers and the Tower of Americas is just ugh.

Milwaukee or Tampa?
Milwaukee overall Looks Classic (70's-90's,)with few exceptions. Tampa looks more 2010ish, Nothing wrong with that, Sometimes We All Like the Classics, But Tampa skyline is more Shiny and Sparkly and Tampa has a easier time adding New Towers
Winner: Tampa

Nashville vs Uptown Houston (Uptown not Downtown)

Last edited by BlueRedTide; 06-23-2022 at 09:43 PM..

Old 06-24-2022, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Milwaukee overall Looks Classic (70's-90's,)with few exceptions. Tampa looks more 2010ish, Nothing wrong with that, Sometimes We All Like the Classics, But Tampa skyline is more Shiny and Sparkly and Tampa has a easier time adding New Towers
Winner: Tampa

Nashville vs Uptown Houston (Uptown not Downtown)
Nashville edges uptown Houston for density, and growth potential. Height still, uptown Houston gets the edge. But Nashville is building like wildfire, and will keep doing so over the course of the next few years. Nashville wins this one.

Hartford vs Louisville?

Old 06-24-2022, 05:44 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Nashville edges uptown Houston for density, and growth potential. Height still, uptown Houston gets the edge. But Nashville is building like wildfire, and will keep doing so over the course of the next few years. Nashville wins this one.

Hartford vs Louisville?
I picked Hartford. It may be a little shorter but looks like there are more buildings. Wichita KS or Spokane WA?

Old 06-24-2022, 09:27 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I picked Hartford. It may be a little shorter but looks like there are more buildings. Wichita KS or Spokane WA?
Spokane. Better urban bones and density. I like its presence among the rolling hills and forest. Wichita is rather underwhelming.

Pontiac, MI or Pensacola, FL?

Old 06-25-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Spokane. Better urban bones and density. I like its presence among the rolling hills and forest. Wichita is rather underwhelming.

Pontiac, MI or Pensacola, FL?
I like Pontiac a bit better.

Jersey City vs Minneapolis?

Old 06-25-2022, 10:34 AM

754 posts, read 569,534 times
Quote:
I like Pontiac a bit better.

Jersey City vs Minneapolis?
Minneapolis imo. I like it's density of buildings better, & I think it looks better in more angles. Jersey City's buildings are nice, but they're spaced a bit apart & I would like more density outside of the Waterfront.

Charlotte vs Kansas City?

Old 06-25-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Minneapolis imo. I like it's density of buildings better, & I think it looks better in more angles. Jersey City's buildings are nice, but they're spaced a bit apart & I would like more density outside of the Waterfront.

Charlotte vs Kansas City?
Easily Charlotte. Charlotte has almost 3 times as many skyscrapers as Kansas City, and much taller heights, as well. Kansas City should build a good 10 more skyscrapers downtown.

A more even matchup, I think, with both of these cities having 14 skyscrapers over 300 feet:

Kansas City vs Louisville?

Old 06-25-2022, 09:12 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Easily Charlotte. Charlotte has almost 3 times as many skyscrapers as Kansas City, and much taller heights, as well. Kansas City should build a good 10 more skyscrapers downtown.

A more even matchup, I think, with both of these cities having 14 skyscrapers over 300 feet:

Kansas City vs Louisville?
Kansas City despite Louisville having better scenery. I like Kansas City's architecture and balance. Some new buildings for both would be great.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL or Columbus, OH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City