Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2023, 05:18 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,193,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Detroit takes this one. Detroit has more than double Kansas City's skyscrapers over 300 feet. It's much more dynamic, and is actually growing a bit, with a tower currently under construction in Detroit over 600 feet.

Austin vs Denver?
Currently I'd say Denver but Austin is rapidly catching up! Roanoke VA or Augusta GA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2023, 11:06 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,378,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Currently I'd say Denver but Austin is rapidly catching up! Roanoke VA or Augusta GA?
Roanoke by a good bit. Its skyline is more modern with better architecture. Roanoke's natural setting is majestic against the mountain scenery.

Memphis, TN or Newark, NJ?

Old 09-07-2023, 06:43 AM

10,055 posts, read 14,422,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Roanoke by a good bit. Its skyline is more modern with better architecture. Roanoke's natural setting is majestic against the mountain scenery.

Memphis, TN or Newark, NJ?
I like the Memphis skyline, but it does need to update itself and build several towers in the 200-400 ft range.

Newark by a good margin here. Newark has a decent amount of density, and they are currently building a couple towers in the 400 foot + range.

Philadelphia vs Dallas?

Old 09-07-2023, 12:25 PM

858 posts, read 694,031 times
Quote:
Philadelphia vs Dallas?
Philadelphia definitely. More interesting buildings and a sizeable river.

Spokane vs Asheville?

Old 09-07-2023, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey the Otter View Post
Philadelphia definitely. More interesting buildings and a sizeable river.

Spokane vs Asheville?
Asheville for its more classic and put together skyline. Asheville did not experience the boom I thought it would in the last decade. Seems like it would have made a nice location for a few headquarters.

Charlotte, NC or Cleveland, OH?

Old 09-08-2023, 11:38 AM

10,055 posts, read 14,422,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Asheville for its more classic and put together skyline. Asheville did not experience the boom I thought it would in the last decade. Seems like it would have made a nice location for a few headquarters.

Charlotte, NC or Cleveland, OH?
Charlotte has the better "tallest" building, but honestly, I like Cleveland's just a tad more here. Cleveland's is less clustered together, and much more spread out, but something about it looks old and classic, balanced with newer skylines.

Plus, Cleveland has the new HQ for Sherwin Williams going up now, and that will add a nice new 600+ footer to their skyline.

Nashville vs Portland, OR?

Old 09-08-2023, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Charlotte has the better "tallest" building, but honestly, I like Cleveland's just a tad more here. Cleveland's is less clustered together, and much more spread out, but something about it looks old and classic, balanced with newer skylines.

Plus, Cleveland has the new HQ for Sherwin Williams going up now, and that will add a nice new 600+ footer to their skyline.

Nashville vs Portland, OR?
Portland for now because Portland's tallest buildings are taller than Nashville's current tallest but Nashville has a lot more in the pipeline. Portland ME or Manchester NH?

Old 09-09-2023, 09:42 AM

82 posts, read 52,691 times
Quote:
Portland for now because Portland's tallest buildings are taller than Nashville's current tallest but Nashville has a lot more in the pipeline. Portland ME or Manchester NH?
This is a tough one for me because Portland is the prettier city and has a significantly more beautiful natural setting (although Manchester’s setting on the Merrimack isn’t ugly by any stretch of the imagination) but it’s a compact, almost European-esque city with no standout skyscrapers so if you’re strictly basing it off of height, Manchester wins. However, Portland’s skyline has a lot more history and character IMO even tho the buildings are taller in Manchester. So I’m gonna say Portland for that reason.

Rovhester, New York vs Springfield, Mass

Old 09-10-2023, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanksGiantsNets View Post
This is a tough one for me because Portland is the prettier city and has a significantly more beautiful natural setting (although Manchester’s setting on the Merrimack isn’t ugly by any stretch of the imagination) but it’s a compact, almost European-esque city with no standout skyscrapers so if you’re strictly basing it off of height, Manchester wins. However, Portland’s skyline has a lot more history and character IMO even tho the buildings are taller in Manchester. So I’m gonna say Portland for that reason.

Rovhester, New York vs Springfield, Mass
This one is close! I'm going with Rochester. It's tallest buildings are a little taller. Greensboro NC or Shreveport LA?

Old 09-11-2023, 06:17 AM

Quote:
This one is close! I'm going with Rochester. It's tallest buildings are a little taller. Greensboro NC or Shreveport LA?
Greensboro for looking modern and better architecture.

Raleigh, NC or Tacoma, WA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City