Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 09:56 AM

5,024 posts, read 5,664,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Nice! This is easy

San Diego---January 1 -March 31st
Philly--- April 1 -December 31st

It will be sad missing all the St Paddy's Day stuff, New Years Mummers Day Parade and my niece/nephew/brother's BDay in February---but I'll still be home for the Holidays and may even see a bit of snow in December. I loved visiting San Diego and know it still has nice warm weather in the Winter. I'm thinking North Park or maybe I'd live in a shack in La Jolla lol.
Moving out places I've lived before-if I could pick any place in the country to relocate based on my tastes-Philadelphia. You have a pretty good year mapped out. That said-

Philadelphia: April 1st to November 30th
San Juan: December 1st to March 31st
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 11:45 AM

7,775 posts, read 10,154,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post
Moving out places I've lived before-if I could pick any place in the country to relocate based on my tastes-Philadelphia. You have a pretty good year mapped out. That said-

Philadelphia: April 1st to November 30th
San Juan: December 1st to March 31st
I like it! Philly is a very strong, well-rounded home base. I'll take advantage and put it with LA, which I see as offering a very strong complementary lifestyle and nice weather.

Philadelphia: May-Aug
LA: Sept-Apr

Old 10-07-2019, 01:24 AM

597 posts, read 448,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
I like it! Philly is a very strong, well-rounded home base. I'll take advantage and put it with LA, which I see as offering a very strong complementary lifestyle and nice weather.

Philadelphia: May-Aug
LA: Sept-Apr

Philadelphia: November through May

Milwaukee: June through October

Old 10-07-2019, 08:15 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,176,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
Philadelphia: November through May

Milwaukee: June through October
I'm keeping both.

Old 10-24-2019, 02:51 PM

Gonna try again. Starting with a few, perhaps less popular locales.

Ft Wayne, IN - May-Sept
Ft Myers, FL - Sept-May

Old 10-24-2019, 05:33 PM

597 posts, read 448,946 times
Quote:
Gonna try again. Starting with a few, perhaps less popular locales.

Ft Wayne, IN - May-Sept
Ft Myers, FL - Sept-May

Ft Myers - Dec through Feb

Charlotte - March through November

Old 10-24-2019, 09:00 PM

6,374 posts, read 4,989,995 times
Really not interested in Florida, so I'll take Charlotte. Could do worse than the Research Triangle.

For work purposes, I'd want to be in the same time zone all year, and I'd want a bigger/denser metro with a somewhat different climate. So maybe like:

Charlotte: Jan-Jun
Cleveland: Jul-Dec

Old 10-26-2019, 12:07 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,889,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Nice! This is easy

San Diego---January 1 -March 31st
Philly--- April 1 -December 31st

It will be sad missing all the St Paddy's Day stuff, New Years Mummers Day Parade and my niece/nephew/brother's BDay in February---but I'll still be home for the Holidays and may even see a bit of snow in December. I loved visiting San Diego and know it still has nice warm weather in the Winter. I'm thinking North Park or maybe I'd live in a shack in La Jolla lol.
Ive already played (correctly I might add lol) so I’ll stay out but offer that if it happens for you you’ll be glad to know that, somewhat surprisingly, San Diego holds the largest St. Paddy’s Day parade west of the Mississippi

BTW Philly is my favorite city in the country so we could live happily side-by-side together in “our” two seasonal home cities

Old 10-26-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Ive already played (correctly I might add lol) so I’ll stay out
You can always play again! Hopefully you're given different options (at least that's the idea) and you can give a different answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Charlotte: Jan-Jun
Cleveland: Jul-Dec
Hmmm, Ok. I'll take

Cleveland: June-Sept
Orlando: Oct-May

Old 10-29-2019, 10:37 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,511,989 times
Quote:
You can always play again! Hopefully you're given different options (at least that's the idea) and you can give a different answer!

Hmmm, Ok. I'll take

Cleveland: June-Sept
Orlando: Oct-May
Charlotte: March-October
Orlando: November-February

I'm already in Charlotte and love it here. Lived in Orlando for a year and really enjoyed it. Nov-Feb is the perfect time to be in ORL. Crowds are down, theme parks for decorated for Christmas, few t-storms, great temps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City