Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 01:22 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,985,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Charlotte: March-October
Orlando: November-February

I'm already in Charlotte and love it here. Lived in Orlando for a year and really enjoyed it. Nov-Feb is the perfect time to be in ORL. Crowds are down, theme parks for decorated for Christmas, few t-storms, great temps.
Boston, MA: April - December
Charlotte: January - March

I could not do Orlando again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 08:30 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,511,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Boston, MA: April - December
Charlotte: January - March

I could not do Orlando again.
Charlotte Nov.-Mar.
Charleston, SC Apr.-Oct.

I love the Winters in Charlotte and Summers in Charleston. I know most people wouldn't agree, but I love it, lol. I'd get my little bit of Winter snow in Charlotte and good beach, tropical weather in Charleston.
I lived in Boston for a year and a half in 2017/2018. Liked some things there. History was great. But would never live there again.

Old 10-30-2019, 12:04 AM

597 posts, read 448,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Charlotte Nov.-Mar.
Charleston, SC Apr.-Oct.

I love the Winters in Charlotte and Summers in Charleston. I know most people wouldn't agree, but I love it, lol. I'd get my little bit of Winter snow in Charlotte and good beach, tropical weather in Charleston.
I lived in Boston for a year and a half in 2017/2018. Liked some things there. History was great. But would never live there again.

Charlotte : March through September ... March in ACC country is unbelievable....... and as a single man.... Southern Cities in the Summer

Rochester : October -February I've lived in the Midwest... so I think I could handle the cold.... the snow would be an adventure though

Old 10-30-2019, 03:31 AM

6,374 posts, read 4,989,995 times
Time for Charlotte to go back to her web.

Rochester: Jun-Aug
Sacramento: Sep-May

I figure the lake-effect should make coastal upstate NY more pleasant than Chicago in the summer. I've never been in Sacramento in the dead of winter, but when I passed through one time in March, it was like 40 in Reno but 60 there the same day, so I assume the winters don't get too bad. I'll use my time in Rochester to meet up with old friends in the Midwest.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:04 AM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times
Boston: April until October

Charleston, SC: October until April

Old 10-30-2019, 08:20 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
Virginia Beach, September 1 to May 31...

Los Angeles, June 1 to August 31...

My daughters aren't yet school-aged and I'd want them to do most of their schooling in Virginia, with the caveat that some point I'd do a three or four-year stretch where I'd flip it around and do LA from Sep-May and VB from June-August...

Once the girls are graduated and off on their own adventures I'd do maybe around November 1st to March 31st in LA, and the rest of the year in VB. I'm becoming more and more averse to winter weather, but I love East Coast spring...

Old 10-30-2019, 12:29 PM

330 posts, read 149,185 times
Portland ME mid May through mid Oct
Greenville SC mid Oct through mid May

Old 10-30-2019, 01:07 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,696,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Portland ME mid May through mid Oct
Greenville SC mid Oct through mid May
Greenville - Oct - May
Twin Cities - May - Oct, due to family being there and being able to avoid brutal summers in the south

Old 10-30-2019, 01:22 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,154,770 times
we definitely veered of course there with several posters not following the rules. Thanks to citykid for getting us back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
Greenville - Oct - May
Twin Cities - May - Oct, due to family being there and being able to avoid brutal summers in the south
I'm gonna go a little unconventional here, at least for me. I love love love MSP in the summer...enough that maybe I don't need to pick a major walkable urban center to complement it. Instead, I'll go with a city that is decently warm in the winters, plenty of Asian food for us to get our fill, and keep myself in the same time zone. So:

MSP - May-Oct
Houston - Nov-Apr

Old 10-30-2019, 02:35 PM

330 posts, read 149,185 times
Lots of love for MSP but thinking I might tweak that with:

Greenville SC: Nov - April
Grand Rapids MI - May - Oct

Greenville is Mountains so wanted the other place to be near water. I know Minnesota is Land of the lakes but I mean an ocean or one of the Great Lakes. Not that MSP is far from the Great Lakes but GR is right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City