Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state is best overall in the 2020's
Virginia 110 62.50%
Georgia 66 37.50%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 10:40 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,691,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I do wonder if the Virginia train improvements are going to be accelerated or postponed due to the pandemic. On one hand, travel of all kinds are down quite a bit and may remain so for months if not years, but on the other hand, investing in infrastructure has often been a good way to jumpstart an economy.
As of now, all capital projects are still occuring.. so who knows. From the start though, they always envisioned the project with future goals so hopefully that will stay the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 09:59 PM

105 posts, read 107,568 times
Default Virginia is

Best. Georgia is a very messed up place.

Old 06-02-2020, 04:50 AM

6,538 posts, read 12,032,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Heat View Post
This entire country is messed up. Georgia is one of the better states, not that that's saying much.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:39 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,024,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Heat View Post
Says a person from Florida?lol

Old 06-02-2020, 07:21 AM

994 posts, read 501,438 times
Quote:
Says a person from Florida?lol
Yes, someone from FL can say that.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:30 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times
Default no way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
But Savannah > anywhere in Virginia as well

I'd rather be in Virginia Beach at the Beach or at the Chesapeake Bay in Norfolk any day than Savannah Georgia!

Not everybody likes Hotlanta, and I don't think Atlanta is any better to live in than Roanoke , Va!

Virginia 10, Georgia 5 on 1-10, Like said throughout, Virginia is more progressive, has better parks, roads, and better schools throughout.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:45 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,024,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
I'd rather be in Virginia Beach at the Beach or at the Chesapeake Bay in Norfolk any day than Savannah Georgia!

Not everybody likes Hotlanta, and I don't think Atlanta is any better to live in than Roanoke , Va!

Virginia 10, Georgia 5 on 1-10, Like said throughout, Virginia is more progressive, has better parks, roads, and better schools throughout.
Roanoke?sure YOU do.

Savannah all day over Chesapeake. Gets too cold for me and the food ,culture is way more interesting.
If it was not for DC ,Virginia wouldnt even be a consideration for most people.Without Atlanta,Savannah and maybe Jekyll/St.Simons and the rest of the Golden Isle at least are enough to be interesting to be in Georgia.
Actually Ill add some mountain towns like Dahlonega and Blue Ridge to the list as well but im sure Viginia has some as equally as nice

Charlottesville is very nice but not as nice as Savannah.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:21 AM

6,538 posts, read 12,032,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_P View Post
That's because all Floridians hate Georgia, and Florida is perfect just like Japan, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post

As I said before the only thing in VA comparable to Atlanta is the DC suburbs that happen to be in Virginia since the district is small, so not sure if that counts. Otherwise ATL > Richmond and Norfolk/Hampton Roads area combined. Better roads? Not in Norfolk. Schools maybe but I didn't have kids.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:40 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
That's because all Floridians hate Georgia, and Florida is perfect just like Japan, lol.
Not really, that's mostly coming from hard core NE transplants in South Florida.

Quote:
As I said before the only thing in VA comparable to Atlanta is the DC suburbs that happen to be in Virginia since the district is small, so not sure if that counts. Otherwise ATL > Richmond and Norfolk/Hampton Roads area combined. Better roads? Not in Norfolk. Schools maybe but I didn't have kids.
I have never understood the appeal of Hampton Roads. It's one of the most underwhelming and overall unfriendliest places I have ever been. I do love the state away from there and Nova though, particularly the Shenandoah Valley.

Old 06-02-2020, 03:37 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,613,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_P View Post
How? Florida is the poorer state, per capita. GA constantly outranks FL when it comes to best states to do business. Georgia's interstates are better. Georgia has two college amongst the top in the nation (Emory and GT), Florida has no answer.

As for VA and GA, I would give VA the edge, but I don't think it's also farfetched as the poll indicates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City