Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta + Metro v. Philadelphia + Metro
Atlanta 55 42.97%
Philadelphia 73 57.03%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 04:13 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdez View Post
Well.. Philadelphia has a higher Asian population than Atlanta, and a much higher Jewish population. So we are definitely not lacking in those cuisines compared to you guys.
We have a larger and faster growing Korean community here. This is outdated, but still:
https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/char...an-population/

https://www.hmart.com/ourstores

And of course you have a higher population of Jewish people, you've had a several hundred year head start at this.

It's pretty clear you know next to nothing about Atlanta, you're just assuming way too much.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The parking lot is literally a 0.3 mile drive from the Five Points Marta station.
Go argue with someone else. You clearly could care less about the history of this lot, or what it's about to become. THE LOT PREDATES MB STADIUM. Period.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Michael Solomonov is widely regarded as the best Jewish chef in America. He has ten restaurants in Philadelphia and cleans up at award shows like the James Beard awards.

Vietnamese people have been in Philadelphia for a very long time. They have carved out their own little area known as Little Saigon and there are a few nationally recognized places to eat.

If there is one thing Philadelphia is a passionate about, other than sports, it's food.
Atlanta is more passionate about food than sports, and it shows.

https://www.atlantamagazine.com/50bestrestaurants/

Old 02-19-2020, 04:28 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,311,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
We have a larger and faster growing Korean community here. This is outdated, but still:

And of course you have a higher population of Jewish people, you've had a several hundred year head start at this.

It's pretty clear you know next to nothing about Atlanta, you're just assuming way too much.
Metro Atlanta has only one more H Mart than Metro Philadelphia. Do you have an authentic and vibrant Chinatown?

Old 02-19-2020, 04:42 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,338,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Metro Atlanta has only one more H Mart than Metro Philadelphia. Do you have an authentic and vibrant Chinatown?
Lol yeah I have no idea where this thought is coming from that Atlanta has better food. There are plenty of bad things that could be said about Philly, but its food is not one of them, due in large part to its diversity and ethnic neighborhoods. Philly has a larger percentage of Latinos and Asians in the city limits and the ethnic neighborhoods have already been listed here. In the Italian Market neighborhood you have Italian families making homemade pastas and sauces next door to Mexican families making some of the most authentic tacos. Around the corner you'll find some of the most authentic Vietnamese restaurants. All are heavily present in that area now. And there are plenty of options for buying from real local delis/markets to bring home some authentic ingredients for each cuisine. Marra's and Ralph's are some of the realest old school red sauce Italian joints you'll ever find. 4th St Deli is one of the best delis I've ever been to in my life and as a Jew, I've been to plenty. You can still find good Polish food and delis in Port Richmond. Mayfair and other parts of NE Philly are seeing a surge in their Chinese populations also, so it's no longer just Chinatown.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:52 PM

222 posts, read 196,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post

Lol. Never claimed to be an aficionado of all things Atlanta, but I do know that in Philadelphia we have nothing to be envious of in regards to the ethnic food scene. ATL doesn’t even have a Chinatown. And we’ve got an array of Korean food places here as well.. our Chinatown is not just limited to Chinese food. We even have a Cambodia Town (Though this is not the neighborhoods official name). Naturally we have more to offer than ATL being that we are so much bigger in size and population.

Old 02-19-2020, 05:00 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,338,961 times
Quote:
Lol. Never claimed to be an aficionado of all things Atlanta, but I do know that in Philadelphia we have nothing to be envious of in regards to the ethnic food scene. ATL doesn’t even have a Chinatown. And we’ve got an array of Korean food places here as well.. our Chinatown is not just limited to Chinese food. We even have a Cambodia Town (Though this is not the neighborhoods official name). Naturally we have more to offer than ATL being that we are so much bigger in size and population.
I actually didn't know Philly had a Koreatown until literally just this second. And apparently a few others emerging as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Koreatown

Old 02-19-2020, 05:04 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,954,859 times
Quote:
Size I assume you mean square miles, to which Atlanta and Philly are practically the exact same size. Metro population you're practically the same as well.

Old 02-19-2020, 05:07 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,954,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Lol yeah I have no idea where this thought is coming from that Atlanta has better food. There are plenty of bad things that could be said about Philly, but its food is not one of them, due in large part to its diversity and ethnic neighborhoods. Philly has a larger percentage of Latinos and Asians in the city limits and the ethnic neighborhoods have already been listed here. In the Italian Market neighborhood you have Italian families making homemade pastas and sauces next door to Mexican families making some of the most authentic tacos. Around the corner you'll find some of the most authentic Vietnamese restaurants. All are heavily present in that area now. And there are plenty of options for buying from real local delis/markets to bring home some authentic ingredients for each cuisine. Marra's and Ralph's are some of the realest old school red sauce Italian joints you'll ever find. 4th St Deli is one of the best delis I've ever been to in my life and as a Jew, I've been to plenty. You can still find good Polish food and delis in Port Richmond. Mayfair and other parts of NE Philly are seeing a surge in their Chinese populations also, so it's no longer just Chinatown.
Food is subjective. I personally haven't been disappointed in either city concerning food.

Old 02-19-2020, 05:11 PM

222 posts, read 196,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Size I assume you mean square miles, to which Atlanta and Philly are practically the exact same size. Metro population you're practically the same as well.
I was speaking of the actual city limits, but regardless we are still a bigger metro. The population of inner city Atlanta is quite small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City